Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 166700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #300
Hi there, I keep getting the following error when I start any music from the Library:

Code: [Select]
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({04620F16-1878-47A1-8EFE-0CE0B99566CC}: Georgia-ReBORN v2.0.3 by TT)
this.playing_item is undefined

File: Panel_Playlist.js
Line: 1475, Column: 4
Stack trace:
  on_playback_new_track@Panel_Playlist.js:1475:4
  PlaylistPanel/this.on_playback_new_track@Panel_Playlist.js:524:12
  on_playback_new_track@georgia-reborn-main.js:3605:12

It turns my entire foobar red but a right click then Reload fixes it, so it's mostly a minor inconvenience.  My foobar version is 1.6.9 and using the latest version of Spider Monkey Panel, v1.6.1.  Any way to fix this short of a re-install of the theme and/or foobar?

Thanks for any assistance.

Reply #301
Hi @kareha,

just pushed a quick fix for this issue, you can download it here and replace your existing files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S Just a little spoiler alert, wanted to let others know that I am working hard on the upcoming update...
It could reach Georgia-ReBORN's full potential and possibly the best I can offer 8)

Stay tuned for this, thanks!

-TT

Reply #302
Hi @TT

Thanks for inspiring me with such an amazing looking theme to get back into using Foobar, it's been a very long time.

I am however having a problem where it won't automatically play the next song. Once the song ends everything just stops, same happens when I manually click next song.

Any ideas? I feel like I'm missing something very simple here. It's a fresh portable install with just your master zip installed.

Thanks.

Reply #303
Hi @alurlol

since another user asked about this already on the Github discussions, I'll copy and paste the answer here for you:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's because you're only adding one song from the "Library" to the "Library View" playlist.
Double click on one song and go to "Playlist" ( if Library panel is active, click again on the Library top menu button to go back to the Playlist ),
only one song has been added to the "Library View" playlist. If you double click on an entire album, the whole album will be added to the Playlist.
If you double click in the "Library", it will always replace the clicked albums/songs in the "Library View" playlist.
If you don't want to replace the "Library View" playlist, just right click for context menu and select > Add to current playlist.
Or if you make a new playlist and the "Library View" playlist is not active but another, it will add songs/albums to the current active
playlist.

You should also play around the playlist manager to get a better understanding how it works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Library does not behave the same as the Playlist. If you double click one song in the Playlist, it will sequentially play to the next track.
If you want the same behavior in the "Library", just double click on the album, it will start to play from the first track, when it ends, it will play the next song.
If you want to skip, click on the "Next" button in the lower bar.
When you're in doubt what the Playlist and what the Library is, check the top menu button indicator what currently is activated.
If nothing is activated, your at the Playlist = Home. You can always click on the current activated button indicator to go back the Playlist/Home panel.

One last thing, the "Library View" playlist is an automatically generated autoplaylist for the Library. This playlist will always
be modified if you double click on albums or tracks in the "Library", just think of it as a temp playlist.
It's always recommended to generate new normal playlist/s where you add your albums/tracks you like to keep, so that all your music in your playlist won't get removed.

Maybe I should post it also in the FAQ.

-TT

Reply #304
About the playlist manager and how to create playlists:

You can find and access the playlist manager in four different ways:

1. In the top of the playlist ( mouse hover ) header, then click on the font > Create new playlist
2. Right click for context menu in the playlist > Create new playlist.
3. In the playlist just hit CTRL + M. Right click > Create new playlist.
4. In the top menu "Playlists" > Create new playlist

In the playlist manager you can switch/rename or change order of your playlists.
For fast playlist switch click top on the playlist ( mouse hover ) header.

-TT

Reply #305
@TT

Thank you for the kind advice, I've got my head around how it works now.

Reply #306
I've been trying to get the part under Image Packs to work, I like the spinning CD visual, but it does not show. Am I missing something?

Reply #307
Hi @Dune,

I've been trying to get the part under Image Packs to work, I like the spinning CD visual, but it does not show. Am I missing something?

The images packs show only various artist and label logos.

All options for disc art are under top menu Options > Details > Disc art
You should enable the option "Spin disc art while songs play" and if you don't have any disc art you can use and choose the disc art placeholders "Display disc art placeholder".
When you click on the top menu "Details" panel, the disc art should show up.

You can download disc art from https://fanart.tv, rename the PNG to cd.png and put it in your album folder, or create a new folder in your album folder named "Artwork" or "Scans" or "Images" and put it in there.
Be sure to then deactivate the disc art placeholders...

-TT

Reply #308
Hi! After a while i'm here again...

i've installed the last update from Github (13 days ago) and i'm having a error while add files to playlist.

When I'm in the library and I add/send files to "Playlist" the files with .CUE are duplicated in the playlist. I have tried to replicate this error with another Theme foobar2000 Configuration but I don't have this same bug/error.

to prevent this when adding music to the playlist that contains .CUE I must right click "Refresh Playlist"

I was/am using foo_cuefixer for long time but right now doesn't work and before was working good

Video with the bug

foobar2000 without Georgia-ReBORN theme

Best Regards!

Reply #309
Hi Azemoth,

I'll try this foo_cuefixer component and see if I can make it compatible again...
This happens only with lossless image files?

-TT

Reply #310
Hi Azemoth,

I'll try this foo_cuefixer component and see if I can make it compatible again...
This happens only with lossless image files?

-TT

components foo_cuefixer and foo_cuefixer was working good.
Yes, problem comes with FLAC/WAV/APE + .CUE lossless files.

-J

Reply #311
So I tried the latest Georgia-ReBORN version from Github, and foo_cuefixer 1.24 also from Github:
https://github.com/RevenantX/foo_cuefixer/releases/tag/1.24

And I don't have any playlist refresh problems or duplicates when adding lossless images from Library to Playlist.
From the github description foo_cuefixer just removes duplicates and broken .cue files.
Well all seems good...

Reply #312
Hey TT, the reason I don't show last.fm scrobbles in the playlist if there are no local scrobbles is entirely for my own personal library and workflow. I want to be able to easily identify songs that I've never played locally even if those songs have scrobbles in last.fm. Normally this is the case if I get a remaster of a bonus track version of an album that was already in the library. It's probably  a dumb thing that only applies to me, and I should add a flag to the settings and default it to not have that behavior.

Reply #313
Hey TT, the reason I don't show last.fm scrobbles in the playlist if there are no local scrobbles is entirely for my own personal library and workflow. I want to be able to easily identify songs that I've never played locally even if those songs have scrobbles in last.fm. Normally this is the case if I get a remaster of a bonus track version of an album that was already in the library. It's probably  a dumb thing that only applies to me, and I should add a flag to the settings and default it to not have that behavior.

Mordred, thanks for the clarification!
I'll make a new option as default to show last.fm scrobbles if no local play exist in the upcoming update.
Takaji and me were really confused what would be the purpose behind it, always a good idea to ask ;)

-TT

Reply #314
Hi!

I just installed your theme and it's working quite nice, I've only encountered one issue so far:

Using the arrow keys to navigate through the Library pane seems to be broken when using a list view without album art the left/right arrows don't reliably expand/collapse and the up/down seem to jump around a lot, additionally the enter key usually queues the selected album to the playlist but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks!

Reply #315
Hi!

I just installed your theme and it's working quite nice, I've only encountered one issue so far:

Using the arrow keys to navigate through the Library pane seems to be broken when using a list view without album art the left/right arrows don't reliably expand/collapse and the up/down seem to jump around a lot, additionally the enter key usually queues the selected album to the playlist but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks!

Hi @kusev,

thanks for reporting the bug!
I've fixed the issue and it will be available in the upcoming update.

-TT

Reply #316
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum. Sorry for my bad english. I have recently discovered this skin and I must say that it is really fantastic: simple, but complete. Just what my wife needs to easily use foobar2000 with a pc dedicated only to music and connected to a touch screen (as well as to the surround system).
In the meantime, I congratulate TT and then I would like some clarifications. Excuse me if maybe I ask questions already asked and forgive me also for being a novice.
One thing I would like to know is if it is possible to change the font of the song title and the artist in the lower bar on the left. And even if there is a way to give more distance between the artist name and the song title.
And then if it is possible to increase the size of the transport buttons. I've already maxed them out (38px), but I'd like to increase them more, using the touchscreen.
Thanx in advance

Reply #317
Hi @rockberto,

glad you like the theme. About your questions, you can only make these changes if you modify the code.
If you like, I can give you instructions but you should wait till I release the upcoming update. There will be big changes...

-TT

Reply #318
Hello

I would like to thank you @TT and @MordredKLB for the great Foobar skin. I had a lot of different skins before, I appreciate the work of the previous authors, but Foobar Georgia / Georgia-ReBORN is the best for me. Great ideas, lots of options, label logos, spinning disc graphics are a total revelation. Ideas for this super system stability and operation at the highest level. The only drawback, of course a joke, that with such a fancy Foobar, I had to tag everything anew, I play with covers and cd art. In a word, a lot of fun and work, but such a skin is worth it. Thank you again for the enormity of your work, and I'm looking forward to the update, especially since you are announcing some big changes. I just hope the spinning disk art and the choice of different theme skins remain.
Best regards and sorry for my english.

Reply #319
Hi @rockberto,

glad you like the theme. About your questions, you can only make these changes if you modify the code.
If you like, I can give you instructions but you should wait till I release the upcoming update. There will be big changes...

-TT

@TT
Thanks for your reply. I will gladly await the new release and will disturb you, if you allow it, for any changes.
One thing I would like to have is a button that allows me to exit the application or turn off the computer. With the touch screen it would be comfortable. I built a pc just for listening to my wife's music, with foobar2000 in automatic start. At the moment it can manage with the tablet and the foobarcon pro app both the switching on of the pc with wol and also the shutdown from the app.

Reply #320
Hello again. I'm configuring the panels to create ease of use. There is a way to have (in library view) the library with the artist images (with their name below) present in the library and then click on each artist to display then artist's albums art and then so click on an album and start playing? Thanks in advance

Reply #321
@TT
Thanks for your reply. I will gladly await the new release and will disturb you, if you allow it, for any changes.
One thing I would like to have is a button that allows me to exit the application or turn off the computer. With the touch screen it would be comfortable. I built a pc just for listening to my wife's music, with foobar2000 in automatic start. At the moment it can manage with the tablet and the foobarcon pro app both the switching on of the pc with wol and also the shutdown from the app.

You can try this plugin here https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_scheduler .
It seems it has the function to configure and setup for an automatic shutdown.

Hello again. I'm configuring the panels to create ease of use. There is a way to have (in library view) the library with the artist images (with their name below) present in the library and then click on each artist to display then artist's albums art and then so click on an album and start playing? Thanks in advance

I don't really understand what you mean. Anyways you can access the album art grid by either by right clicking in the library > Show album art or you can use top menu Options > Library > Design > Album covers.
If you click on the album it will be automatically played. While you're in album art mode and want to show artists, you can right click again for context menu > Show artists. Right click again > Show albums.
If you want to see list view, right click again and switch to > Show tree.

-TT 

Reply #322
@TT

I don't really understand what you mean. Anyways you can access the album art grid by either by right clicking in the library > Show album art or you can use top menu Options > Library > Design > Album covers.
If you click on the album it will be automatically played. While you're in album art mode and want to show artists, you can right click again for context menu > Show artists. Right click again > Show albums.
If you want to see list view, right click again and switch to > Show tree.

-TT 

what I meant is if it is possible to make sure that by clicking on the library tab the images of each artist present appear first, then clicking on an artist displays the album covers of the artist and then obviously clicking on the album starts playback. Example: I click on the library tab and the photos of the artists present in the library appear (eg Kiss, Van Halen, Scorpions etc.), then I click for example on the Kiss image and all the covers of their albums in the library appear, or I go back from the artists and click on Van Halen and their album covers appear and so on ... Doing it with the foobacon app on the tablet does just that. It would also be convenient to do this on a mouse-less touchscreen.
I tried it but if I click on an artist, the entire discography starts playing. What am I doing wrong?

Reply #323
@rockberto,

this is currently not possible in the artist view. you could ask WilB ( the original library developer ) if he wants to implement it in his next update.
Here is the thread: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=111060.0

But alternatively what you could do is first go to top menu Options > Always load View by same as tree ( deactivate ).
Then go to the library and first setup the tree view ( right click > Show tree ), click on the ... icon ( right beside the filter button ) > Views > View by Album Artist or View by Artist.
Then right click for context menu in the library and select Show album art. Now click again on  ... icon > Views > View by Album Artist - Album or View by Artist.
At last while you're in album art view, right click again > Show artists and and set the view to "View by Album Artist - Album".

With this setup, the albums will be grouped and listed by artist discography if tagged correctly. And you can always switch fast between tree view/album art view or artist view. In the tree view, you can click on the + symbol to show all albums of the artist.

-TT

Reply #324
@TT
many thanks for your reply. In the meantime I will try your suggestions.