Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: List of recommended MPC settings (Read 447166 times) previous topic - next topic

List of recommended MPC settings

Reply #125
Well, i've finally made the jump and have decided to check out mpc.  Got it working using the batch encoder and all.  The one question I have is this:  I know replaygain info is only used in the tag, but if I decode to wave using the batch encoder, does it use the replay gain tag or does it just decode the normal file.

You can define that with the decoding switches, as stated in the first post under "Decoding switches / MPC to WAV". If you use no decoding switches, it doesn't use ReplayGain. However, even for albums that you listen to in your car, i would use clipping prevention (album-based for an album, title-based for a mix CD), as clipping is never beneficial to the sound. For that, enter the following into the switches box of Batch Encoder's decoding options: "--gain 1 --prev" (album) or "--gain 0 --prev" (title), both without the "".

Reply #126
Okay, thanks.  I was just a little confuse over how things were explained in the beginning  of the thread.  Will report back when I have some time to "experiment"

thanks
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #127
Under the "How to replaygain" section of this list shouldn't we add Foobar2000's replaygain scan? I think it's the easiest way to apply replaygain.

Reply #128
yes, for a single album, foobar2k is the best solution,

as foobar is as player the best and offers the necessary thingies, an audiophile likes so much....

I recall, that foobar was added to the list ?
The ways more exactly described in the list, deal with mass-replaygaining, a lot subfolders, treat each folder as 1 album, which cannot be performed by foobar afaik.

Reply #129
The ways more exactly described in the list, deal with mass-replaygaining, a lot subfolders, treat each folder as 1 album, which cannot be performed by foobar afaik.

foobar2000 can do it!
just change the album grouping pattern to %_path% or %_directoryname% in the RG scanner preferences, and then perform a multiple albums scan.

Reply #130
Yeah, all you have to do is add all the files to foobars playlist, select them all,
right click > replaygain > scan selection as multiple albums. I don't think you have to change any grouping patterns...I never do. My grouping pattern is set to the default %album%.

Reply #131
Regarding replaygaining, i was wondering if anyone had any interest at all in making a gui for sweep and replaygain to batch process files?  I know  I have problems running it from cmd line.  (for some reason I can only navigate my c Drive.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #132
Why not downloading foobar with rgscanner. When deleting all unneeded components it won't be much bigger than a gui just for sweep. (of course that's only my opinion and perhaps there's something what foobar lacks but sweep can which I'm not aware of) 

Regards,
The Link

Reply #133
added explanation about mppdec versions:

MPC -> MP3 by MPCxchange (be careful, use mppdec 1.93j instead of 1.95, or mppdec 1.95e with Lame3.95.1 (latest rarewares compile))

Reply #134
The links to mppenc and mppdec are both broken for me.

Reply #136
Thanks rjamorim !

oh, the first page of this list needs a lot link fixes, all case's page/file links need updates, to the correspondent Rarewares files & pages ?

http://www.rarewares.org

will do it, if time.

And satcp's eac guide with his older drive offset db:

http://users.pandora.be/satcp/

other pages with drive offsets:

http://www.offsetbase.eac-audio.de/

http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm

Reply #137
Okay, i fixed the links. If anyone finds a broken link or has a new link suggestion, just reply here.

edit: Attached sweep.exe, useful for recursive Replaygain etc.

Reply #138
Is there a switch you can use when using the batch encoder to delete the .wav file after it is encoded?

Reply #139
Still don't think the pipe problem is solved. Mmmmhuhh with Case's site up again, 1.93j should be downloadable here and here.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #140
If that was directed at me, I still don't know what switch(es) to use.

Reply #141
If that was directed at me, I still don't know what switch(es) to use.

oH, sorry...
no - I'm just fustraded of no fix of broken decoder pipe........
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #142
New version of MPC Batch Encoder is available.

New things:
* More flexible tagging.
* Option to preserve the directory structure.
* A different tab control (tabctl32.ocx is not needed anymore).
* Option to run the encoder or decoder in idle priority class.

Reply #143
Fixed a bug that made the 'Output directory' frame of the decoder visible directly after starting the frontend (while the encoder 'Output directory' frame should be visible). Please update to version 2.3.1 if you have downloaded 2.3.

Reply #144
New version of MPC Batch Encoder is available.

Thanks, I see the new Idle button has replaced the Pause button, but that's fine with me.
BTW I'm a fan of your frontend batchgenerators
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #145
when are we going to see a new release from Klemm? Its been really a long time....

Reply #146
when are we going to see a new release from Klemm? Its been really a long time....

Actually it's in the making. First he had problems with Linux bugs, then there was something related to his job, but there's light at the end of the tunnel...

Reply #147
So we have good news Citay!!

Reply #148

Actually it's in the making. First he had problems with Linux bugs, then there was something related to his job, but there's light at the end of the tunnel...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=219245"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Has the light at the end of the tunnel grown any? 1.15r seems to be practically the recommended version, even though technically it's not. Would be nice to see something final soon that didn't have the experimental tag. Don't want to use 1.14 either for obvious reasons.

Reply #149
I'll post what Frank told me three days ago, but it's not good news (at least for MPC). He says, he has no time for programming at the moment, because there's training for sales and distribution of a new Advanced Imaging Microscopy device at his workplace and he gets home late at night each day. I'll ask him for news every now and then and will report back when there's any about MPC.