Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a way to batch change the directory of my audio files? (Read 2151 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a way to batch change the directory of my audio files?

Is there a way to batch change directory on a foobar configuration?

I recently switched to linux and am running foobar under wine. The hard drive path changed to a Z though whereas my old configuration was an H:.

I have tons of playlists that I want to be able to automatically use again but it seems like this is not the case.

Any help would be appreciated, whether it is a way to change directories, or somehow change the existing playlists to use the new directories filepath.

Reply #1
The component foo_playlist_revive can help get your playlists back. Here is a link: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=73910

Hopefully it will work properly with your Linux configuration.

Dennis

Reply #2
For Future Reference: If you move your files with fb2k's fileops component, loaded playlists are automagically taken care of and tags don't have to be reindexed.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
foo_fileops does not help, if you copy a foobar2000 configuration from one machine to another. Or from Windows to Wine.

Reply #4
Thanks everyone who replied, I will be trying foo_playlist when I can and will probably update with my results later.

Reply #5
Have you tried adding a Z drive in Wine Configuration? Pointing it to an empty directory and soft-linking (if you don't want to move them) your music folder(s) in there should do the trick (never tried actually ).

HTH.

Alessandro

Reply #6
foo_fileops does not help, if you copy a foobar2000 configuration from one machine to another. Or from Windows to Wine.

Ahhh. Yes. Reading comprehension. I knew I forgot something. 
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #7
Alessandro: Wine already uses symlinks to implement drive letters. They can be edited through winecfg. If you want to check them out manually, look in "~/.wine/dosdevices".

Reply #8
Oh nice, never bothered to explore those details, thanks for the heads up.

Then the OP could directly point the new Z drive to the ~/.wine/drive_c/musicfolder, right?

Still, I'd personally rather move my music library to a dedicated folder: I never liked much those "hard to find" sub-sub-sub-folders.

Alessandro

Reply #9
Yess, it worked. Added a drive letter H to the folder /media/Main and then pointed foobar to the correct drive to monitor.

Thanks everyone.