Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Use 7.1 audio jacks for separated stereo streams (Read 3268 times) previous topic - next topic

Use 7.1 audio jacks for separated stereo streams

Hi!

On my mobo there is realtek alc883 audio chip, what have driver without kernel streaming support.
I use windows 7, so i used WASAPI exclusive output for music at the rear panel jack (just stereo), and i set the driver for different audio stream on the front output (chassis pins), but the chassis jack is a piece of crap, and has bad contact with the plugged in device (headphone) (and i don't want to buy a new pc chassis bcuz of this).
When it was good, my typical usage of outputs was: music on wasapi on rear output, others on front output.
Now i can use only the rear panel jack, what is very uncomfortable, because the wasapi, or asio occupies the output so i need to completely stop the music, if i want to hear something (fe youtube, voip, game).

But as i wrote, i use only stereo channels, and on 7.1 output there is 4 stereo jacks on the panel.
So the question is: can i use those rear stereo jacks for separated audio outputs (fe. 1st for wasapi music, 2nd for windows default audio device), instead of full 7.1 output?
Ofc i can't with official drivers. but are there any modded drivers or tricks for it?

Reply #1
Hi!

On my mobo there is realtek alc883 audio chip, what have driver without kernel streaming support.
I use windows 7, so i used WASAPI exclusive output for music at the rear panel jack (just stereo), and i set the driver for different audio stream on the front output (chassis pins), but the chassis jack is a piece of crap, and has bad contact with the plugged in device (headphone) (and i don't want to buy a new pc chassis bcuz of this).
When it was good, my typical usage of outputs was: music on wasapi on rear output, others on front output.
Now i can use only the rear panel jack, what is very uncomfortable, because the wasapi, or asio occupies the output so i need to completely stop the music, if i want to hear something (fe youtube, voip, game).

But as i wrote, i use only stereo channels, and on 7.1 output there is 4 stereo jacks on the panel.
So the question is: can i use those rear stereo jacks for separated audio outputs (fe. 1st for wasapi music, 2nd for windows default audio device), instead of full 7.1 output?
Ofc i can't with official drivers. but are there any modded drivers or tricks for it?

Most motherboards have a multipin connector for connecting the audio ports on the motherboard to case-mounted jacks.  Your motherboard's user manual probably has information about its pin-out.

Reply #2
I don't know if you can do what you're proposing...

You may be able to replace the front panel jack.  See FrontX.com[/color].

Or, you could install another soundcard.

Reply #3
Most motherboards have a multipin connector for connecting the audio ports on the motherboard to case-mounted jacks.  Your motherboard's user manual probably has information about its pin-out.

As i wrote, i used it, until the case mounted jack became completely unusable (contact problems). That's why i asked that: can i use the rear panel jacks (fe subwoofer/center jack) as separated stereo outputs.