Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to record audio CD in Dolby Pro Logic ? (Read 21566 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to record audio CD in Dolby Pro Logic ?

Reply #25
I think your going to like Foobar2000 for DPL2 conversions. It will be a one step solution instead of flying around the moon and back. If there is any questions you have about FB2k just ask.

Toad

Reply #26
I think your going to like Foobar2000 for DPL2 conversions. It will be a one step solution instead of flying around the moon and back. If there is any questions you have about FB2k just ask.

Toad

But ... I'm already using Foobar2000 and it's great ... and the plug in I was talking ( and using ) is AC3/DTS that's on it ... it's woring very well  to encode 5.1 into Stereo Dolby Pro Logic II compatible ... it works very fine and rapidly ...

Just I would like to know "if" there is already a similar plug-in to encode 7.1 in stereo Dolby Pro Logic IIx ... that's my aim ...

Reply #27
Ok guys, I have the report fro Dolby Labs.

Dolby Pro Logic llx and Dolby Pro Logic llz are matrixing technologies for playback. Encoding content in these technologies is not possible at this point in time.

The DPLll encoders take up to 5 channels of content and create 2-channel soundtracks that can be delivered over any 2-channel medium. DPLllx takes stereo to 5.1-channel soundtracks and expands playback to 7.1 channels. DPLllz takes stereo to 7.1-channel soundtracks and expands playback to 7.1 and 9.1 channels.

Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD are the only Dolby technologies that allow the encoding of 7.1+ discrete channels of content but the encoders are presently not as accessible as Dolby Digital encoders

So the research about 7.1 PLIIx is finished here. But I would prefer that you also take notes about this.
Thank you to everybody for your support, patience and help

Have a ice continuation on 2010