Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component: version 3.0.1 (Read 207240 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playback Statistics component: version 3.0.1

Reply #450
However, I also get the idea that writing to file while playing the file might be not ideal in some instances.
It would be great to have an option like: "Sync database and file tags on application exit".
@Peter , what do you think of this idea?

Reply #451
Just by curiosity, I've tried to export statistics. When I open the backup with Notepad++, I have encoding oddities like:
Code: [Select]
Oasis - 1997 - Don't Go Away.flac
But it is displayed properly if I open the XML with Google Chrome.
Is it a problem with Notepad++ ? If nothing is lost during import, that's the main thing.

Reply #452
Just by curiosity, I've tried to export statistics. When I open the backup with Notepad++, I have encoding oddities like:
Code: [Select]
Oasis - 1997 - Don't Go Away.flac
But it is displayed properly if I open the XML with Google Chrome.
Is it a problem with Notepad++ ? If nothing is lost during import, that's the main thing.
https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_syntax.asp

Reply #453
Hi
may I ask a question about import statistics from tags?
I used to read musicbee rating files tags ,musicbee does store rating in the tag RATING , 100 is 5 stars ,60 is 3 stars ,90 is 4.5 stars and so on
but i get some Playback Statistics updates and it does not read correctly and save anymore
does somebody notice the same behavior ?
is there a way to use an older foobar2000 components ?
thanks

Reply #454
Hello,
I would like to ask you a question about where the Playback Statistics data is saved.

To fix time/date added, I try to export, edit, and import the entire media library xml file every time.
Each time, I initialize the media library before importing it.

Therefore, I think it would be convenient if only the Playback Statistics data could be removed without having to initialize the media library.
x1.6.17 x32
x2.0 or higher x64
I would like to know about each one.

Why am I asking this question?
This is when you export and edit the xml file data for each album.
There are songs in the album that have different time/date added.
I'm trying to fix this by changing the 18-digit number in the xml file to a new date and time, but I can't. If I adjust to the older date and time, it will be reflected.
If this could be resolved, there would be no need to initialize the media library...

In any case, I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to fully initialize only the Playback Statistics data.
I'm using Playback Statistics v3.1.5.

Reply #456
Is there a way to change the tags used to select a 'duplicate' file?

E.g. if a song is 'remastered' I add a tag to signal this but that custom tag is not taken into account to recognize the track as a separate instance.

Reply #457
You can modify the tags in the properties. Select album in playlist view (rightclick) | Properties
Hi grimes
I just did and do it , but do editors like mp3tag or tagscanner keep these fields or do they remove them?
thanks

Reply #458
The tags produced by Playback Statistics can be written to the files by rightclick in playlist viewer | Playback Statistics | Write statistics to file tags. These tags should be readable by other programs.

Reply #459
The tags produced by Playback Statistics can be written to the files by rightclick in playlist viewer | Playback Statistics | Write statistics to file tags. These tags should be readable by other programs.

I tried doing what you said. However, >Select album in playlist view (rightclick) > Properties is grayed out and cannot be edited.

Reply #460
Understood.
There was ADDED_TIMESTAMP in Metadata.
Thank you.

Reply #461
Hmm,
I edited the meta tag ADDED_TIMESTAMP from 131033416121521000 (2016-03-25) to 133487317358187961 (2024-01-03), but it is not reflected in Added in Playback Statistics.

Reply #462
You have to write from file tag to database with rightclick in playlist viewer | Playback Statistics | Import statistics from file tags.

EDIT: Sorry it doesn't work. Is it a bug?

Reply #463
^ No, you can only import older dates. Importing of newer dates has always been blocked. That means you have to take extra steps to modify the ADDED date at all, by using the copy/paste/reset options. @elenco

(Why on earth Peter made this limitation is beyond me... ? )

Reply #464

E.g. if a song is 'remastered' I add a tag to signal this but that custom tag is not taken into account to recognize the track as a separate instance.
Not currently, you'd have to change one of the tags that PS pins the statistics on (see docs). I have for example some remastered albums with duplicate metadata, and added a zero-width space character to the ALBUM tag to make it be seen as a separate album. (Personally I'd rather this way than putting extra text in the ALBUM tag, though note it does mess with things that look-up metadata online)

Reply #465

Not currently, you'd have to change one of the tags that PS pins the statistics on (see docs). I have for example some remastered albums with duplicate metadata, and added a zero-width space character to the ALBUM tag to make it be seen as a separate album. (Personally I'd rather this way than putting extra text in the ALBUM tag, though note it does mess with things that look-up metadata online)
I assumed as much. Which is why I'm still using a 32-bit foobar2000 with an old 2.x statistics component and I did some research to create my own 64-bit component with the same  behavior.

Reply #466
Not currently, you'd have to change one of the tags that PS pins the statistics on (see docs).
Playback statistics are now pinned to a combination of artist + album + disc number + track number + track title information, contrary to pre-3.0 versions which would pin data to file paths. https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Playback_Statistics_v3.x_(foo_playcount)

Reply #467
^ No, you can only import older dates. Importing of newer dates has always been blocked. That means you have to take extra steps to modify the ADDED date at all, by using the copy/paste/reset options. @elenco

I take it there was no reason give me a for only allowing back dating?

+1 vote to allow forward dating.

Reply #468

After taking this step, I was able to overwrite it with the newer date.

After taking this step, I was able to overwrite it with the newer date.

you can only import older dates. Importing of newer dates has always been blocked

I knew this limitation from experience, but I still don't know why.
I would also like to be able to easily change ADDED to a newer date.

Reply #469
Where is the file stored now? I moved on to 2.0 and it turns out foo_jesus no longer backs my stats up. They used to be under profile\index-data path, but now all the files in that folder have last modified date at Dec 24th (which is when I switched to 2.0). I even considered the possibility that the modified date doesn't get updated but then again retrieving foo_jesus backup did not work (thankfully, I only lost one play).
So where are the stats now? Merged into content.sqlite in library-v2.0???

Reply #470
metadb.sqlite in the root of the profile folder.

This contains cached info for all tracks ever seen by fb2k and the data from 3rd party components that utilise the same technique as foo_playcount for storing their own database values.