Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Downloaded a skin+can’t get album artwork to display from music folder (Read 3328 times) previous topic - next topic

Downloaded a skin+can’t get album artwork to display from music folder

I'm having trouble getting foobar to display my album artwork correctly. I downloaded a skin called monoLite that I like a lot. It does everything I want it to but I can't get the album artwork to display. All the music I want in foobar is in a folder with the path E:\Music\Flac and it gets transferred over correctly. Then I have a jpg of the album art in album folder in this directory with the path (E:\Music\Flac\Artist - Album Title (Year) [Flac]) named Artist - Album.jpg. If I change the name of the album art to cover.jpg it is displayed correctly because it's foobar's default. I've tried changing artwork search path but I can't get it to work. What can I change to make it display the album art I have in the folder with the music? Thanks

Reply #1
I'm a bit confused by the description of your folder structure, but one of these should work:

Preferences > Display > Album art > Front cover:
%Artist% - %Album%.jpg
or
E:\Music\Flac\%Artist% - %Title% (%Year%) [Flac]\%Artist% - %Album%.jpg

That's for DUI; you'll need to find the same setting in CUI if that's what your skin/theme uses.

Reply #2
This didn't work for the album art. I put it into DUI and into CUI but the album art doesn't appear. To clarify, the album art is E:\Music\FLAC\Artist - Album (Year) [Flac]\Artist - Album.jpg. So what you wrote makes sense, but it is still not appearing. But like I said when I change the name to cover.jpg is works so I assume i'm just having a naming issue. Any ideas?

Reply #3
it depends entirely on the component being used to display the album art. all current components should support whatever patterns you enter under file>preferences>display.

but using someone else's theme, it might be using some outdated components where you have to code in the patterns yourself. you can usually access the settings either through right clicking the panel or navigating the display layout tab in the CUI preferences and from there you can configure it.