Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I get artist images to work in Columns UI? (Read 1259 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I get artist images to work in Columns UI?

My music library is stored at this location:

S:\Music\Library\

In the 'Library' folder each artist has it's own folder which is named as the album artist, then in that folder is each album folder. i.e.

S:\Music\Library\Iron Maiden\1984 - Powerslave\

...and my artwork is here:

S:\Pictures\Artists\%albumartist%.jpg

But when I add an artist picture script with the above path it doesn't show artist images? I've added the script without the .jpg extension just as it says.

This is the last thing that's stopping me fully switch to Foobar and it's driving me mad!

Help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Re: How do I get artist images to work in Columns UI?

Reply #1
S:\Pictures\Artists\%album artist%.*

Re: How do I get artist images to work in Columns UI?

Reply #2
As is good forum etiquette...

Here's how I got it working:

I am using the Eole theme which uses something called 'Biography'. There's a config file stored here %appdata%\foobar2000\yttm\biography.ini

I first tried to edit the save location for 'Image [Artist]' but couldn't figure it out for some reason so just decided to move the files to the location it saves them in.

To move my custom made artist images I used a program called AdvancedRenamer (https://www.advancedrenamer.com/) with the following script. This assumes that your artist images have the album artist as the filename.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\<Substr:1:1>\<Name>

Here's a screenshot if you were curious: https://imgur.com/a/xUKfixS