Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to display BPM column / install foo_browser (Read 8915 times) previous topic - next topic

How to display BPM column / install foo_browser

Hello All,

I recently downloaded Foobar 2000 under the suggestion of a mate. Currently I´ve been trying to get it to work with me as opposed to against.

I downloaded the foo_browser plug in, in order to access a BPM column for when I DJ. However, the DLL file doesn´t seem to open and when I search for help on google I get no where even faster. I tried opening it with winzip to fruitless results.

How would I go about either A) Making my own column for BPM or B) Getting this DLL file to work with me?

Thanks to any who answer,
Michael

Reply #1
foo_browser requires Columns UI installed (or dockable panels). To install a plugin you just drop the .dll in the components folder of foobar
However, to display BPM you don't necessarily need a plugin. Open the properties of a file which has BMP information (context menu>properties) and look at the name of the column that stores the BPM, ie <BPM>
Then create a new column in the playlist view with the pattern %BPM% and that's it.

Reply #2
foo_browser requires Columns UI installed (or dockable panels). To install a plugin you just drop the .dll in the components folder of foobar
However, to display BPM you don't necessarily need a plugin. Open the properties of a file which has BMP information (context menu>properties) and look at the name of the column that stores the BPM, ie <BPM>
Then create a new column in the playlist view with the pattern %BPM% and that's it.

Thanks, I´m not a computer wizard, if you can´t tell.

Re: How to display BPM Genre Mood column / install foo_browser

Reply #3
Hi I had the same problem but I found that you need to add the column and in the scripts tab [%BPM%] for example see attached screenshots

Guy

Re: How to display BPM column / install foo_browser

Reply #4
Apart from the archeological aspect of you answer - you don't need Columns UI to do this. In the "Default User Interface" section go to "Playlist View" and add there a column with code %BPM% (or other, accordingly to name of your tag, like TEMPO). Then enable it on playlist view by clicking on columns header and checking name of your newly created column. Instead of %name% you can also use function $meta(name) , which may be helpful if some plugins reserve some variable names.