Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with Kernal streaming and playing dts cds (Read 2334 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with Kernal streaming and playing dts cds

Hey all-

I just got a Chaintech AV-710 and the thing is already giving me headaches. I downloaded foobar2000 and I can't seem to get kernel streaming or ASIO outputs to work. When I tried Kernel with Winamp, it would force Winamp to quit and it does this every time. When I try ASIO, it lists no devices to associate with it.

Also, when I try to play dts files that are in wav format on a cd-r, I just get static with the Direct Sound 2.0 option.

Any ideas as to how I can get Kernel streaming to work?

The ultimate test will be trying to get 24 bit 96khz files to work(I'm downloading a concert in FLAC format that consists of 24 bit 96 khz files). I'm hoping they will play in Winamp.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Kevin

Reply #1
Hi!
You can try to use PowerDVD or WINDVD software.
on my Pioneer vsx415 DTS stremas play well in form 48000/16bit, but only wneh in VOB format.
Now i have some records in dts format and trying to streaming it to SPDIF output to my AV. In this case DTS stream will be decoded fine.
But having the Pink Floyd and Eagles in dts form there a problems with my Pioneer - it does not understand DTS stream, but when in vob file - works well. Maybe cause of 44100 stream frequecy?
Will try to convert the stream for 48000Hz, it it helps will post immediately.

Any other solutions?

Reply #2
Hi!
You can try to use PowerDVD or WINDVD software.
on my Pioneer vsx415 DTS stremas play well in form 48000/16bit, but only wneh in VOB format.
Now i have some records in dts format and trying to streaming it to SPDIF output to my AV. In this case DTS stream will be decoded fine.
But having the Pink Floyd and Eagles in dts form there a problems with my Pioneer - it does not understand DTS stream, but when in vob file - works well. Maybe cause of 44100 stream frequecy?
Will try to convert the stream for 48000Hz, it it helps will post immediately.

Any other solutions?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346822"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i'm having the same issues. winamp quite when i do kernal output.

when i play the eagles dts (from an image file) in windvd, i can see it recognizes it as dts, but it doesn't seem to send the signal through spdif passthrough (as it does perfectly with a dts dvd or dvd-a disc).

ever figure this out?

and how to take the image file and make a .vob?