Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: All FLAC Fingerprints I create are blank... (Read 3829 times) previous topic - next topic

All FLAC Fingerprints I create are blank...

All of the FLAC Fingerprint files I create with FLAC Frontend are blank .TXT files (0 bytes). I've tried selecting all the songs I've added with Ctrl+A and then pressing "Fingerprint", but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I also ran the Fingerprint file through a program called "MD5 Summer" and it says that the "File to check is empty." I'm also running FLAC Frontend "as Administrator", but that doesn't make a difference either.

I'm kind of a newb to these things; could someone please inform me as to what the specific purpose of a FLAC Fingerprint is (yes, I googled it already) and why FLAC Frontend isn't generating any correctly?

Reply #1
Not sure why it will not work in vista, after all, it work just fine in xp. Maybe, one day it will get worked out. After looking at this sometime ago, I found: QuickSFV
Check it out maybe you'll like it too.

Reply #2
That's a major disappointment... but I'll definitely check out QuickSFV; thanks for the reply.

Reply #3
I am currently using Windows XP and I have no issues creating FLAC Fingerprints so I guess it's some compatibility issue between FLAC Frontend and Windows Vista.

On another note, since the MD5 fingerprints are already stored in the header of your FLAC file, why do you still want to create a FLAC fingerprint file?  I usually use an external checksum program (e.g. hkSFV, MD5summer) to verify my FLAC files because I do not want the FLAC files to be modified in ANY way including modification of the tags (the MD5 fingerprint stored in the FLAC file is for the original uncompressed WAV file and is not affected by any changes in the tags).