Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559725 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6775
@Graeme_D
add
Code: [Select]
[Disc:%discnumber%]
below the previous TF inside grouping.

Columns UI

Reply #6776
What I use for a disc tier is:

$if(%discnumber%,'Disc' %discnumber%[ ':' %setsubtitle%]$tab()[%replaygain_album_gain%],[%replaygain_album_gain%$tab()%replaygain_album_gain%])

This avoids seeing that extra line if no disc number is present (or having a worthless extra gap by just using $tab() ). I only tag multi-disc albums with disc numbers.

If someone tags all their albums with disc numbers and disc total tags, then the script can be modified to:

$ifequal(%totaldiscs%,1,[%replaygain_album_gain%$tab()%replaygain_album_gain%],'Disc' %discnumber%[ ':' %setsubtitle%]$tab()[%replaygain_album_gain%])

edited to provide something hopefully useful

Columns UI

Reply #6777
Had a go at that and looks it ok but still wasn't what i thought it would be (see below)

[a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/foobar2x.jpg/" target="_blank"]

Columns UI

Reply #6778
I don't know if there is a way to have a single artwork for several subgroups in ng playlist, but surely you could achieve this using EL Playlist(but its little bit tricky at least for me  ).

Columns UI

Reply #6779
Yes, it's possible to use the same artwork for several subgroups in CUI. My music library folder structure is organized as: Album Artist/Album/Disc (disc folders are only present on multi-disc albums) with artist artwork in the album artist folder, album artwork in the album folder and disc artwork in the disc folder. Therefore my artwork is located in 2 or 3 folders.

What I use in CUI is thus:

$directory_path(%path%)\name tells CUI to look for the artwork in the same folder as the music files.
$directory_path($directory_path(%path%))\name tells CUI to look for the artwork one folder up from the music files.
$directory_path($directory_path($directory_path(%path%)))\name tells CUI to look for the artwork two folders up from the music files.

To use, replace name with whatever you've named your artwork. I use consistent names like artist, front, back, disc, etc. I've never tried using it with dynamic names such as %album%, etc. so I don't know if that works or not (probably not).

This is the only way I've found that works with CUI that allows me not to have redundant artwork in my folders. Artwork can be slightly slow loading at times but I can live with that.

Columns UI

Reply #6780
It seems to me, there are two unrelated things being discussed here. . .

Post #6778 by Graeme_D is essentially asking:
"In the Playlist Viewer, How do I display the artwork image ONLY ONCE when presenting an album group with subgroup lines (i.e. discs)"

BenB at Post #6780 is then replying:
"In your filesystem, It is possible to organize artwork in nested music folders without redundancy, and here is the way I do it..."

Maybe I'm wrong; if so, please disregard this post.

Columns UI

Reply #6781
You are correct. It's Sunday and apparently my brain isn't firing on all cylinders yet.

To answer the question, I've found no way to make artwork only show once on tiered multi-disc albums.

Columns UI

Reply #6782
I have a working solution for displaying the artwork image only once for an album group which has subgroups. . .

Have a look at this screenshot of my personal foobar2000:

In the screenshot, we see a 4-CD album presented in the Playlist Viewer; there are four subgroup lines corresponding to the four discs, and you can see three of them,
. . .and there is only one artwork image!

Briefly, this is how I did it:
- The yellow subgroup lines in the Track Title column are dummy audio files of same technical specs as the tracks and of 0.1 (one tenth) seconds duration.
- The Track Title column has a complicated script which flags the presence of the dummy files and changes the display string color.

So, to answer the question by Graeme_D at Post #6778 . . . yes it is possible to achieve such a display effect.

Columns UI

Reply #6783
Hi everyone! I'm french, so sorry in advance for my bad english 

I set up my foobar2000 personalization, and I still have some details that I can not fix:

1°/ How to make the result list of my 3 filters automatically displayed in alphabetical order?

2°/ How do I make for when I clicking on a song, its genre be at the same time selected (to show me what genre is the song).

3°/ How to change the color (front and background) of the current playing song but not selected? 

Bonus: Can we prevent deleting a playlist?

Picture for easily understand:

Columns UI

Reply #6784
@slaughter

for your first question:

goto preferences -> columns ui -> Filter -> and under behaviour section change the values of "Sort Incoming Files By" accordingly

for second one: Simply i dont know 

for third one:
Use the method posted by derty2 below
may be this could help you to some extent

changing current playing tack's title color to red

Columns UI

Reply #6785
     > How to change the color (front and background) of the current playing song in the Playlist Viewer...

You can change the colors of the currently playing song either individually for each column or globally.

To do it globally,
Go to Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Globals -> Style tab
and check "use global variables for display"
and append this code to the end of the edit field (insert your RGB colors):

$if(%isplaying%,
   $set_style(back,<background color>,<selected background color>)
   $set_style(text,<text color>,<selected text color>)
   )

To do it for each individual column (and override the global setting),
For every column in "Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Columns -> <Column Name> Scripts tab -> Style tab
check "use custom style script"
and append this code to the end of the edit field (change the colors to your colors):

$if(%isplaying%,
   $set_style(back,$rgb(149,243,143),$rgb(149,243,143))
   $set_style(text,$rgb(217,0,119),$rgb(217,0,119))
   )

Columns UI

Reply #6786
Is it possible to change the individual back and fore color of the filters too ?

Columns UI

Reply #6787
      > slaughter @ Post #6784   —   2: °/ How do I make for when I clicking on a song, its genre be at the same time selected (to show me what genre is the song).

I don't understand the question, I'm sorry. Maybe you should type the question in French and then paste it into 'Google Translate fr->en' . . .

If I was to guess at a translation of what you were trying to say:
"When I click on an item in the Playlist Viewer, I would like the relevant line in the Genre panel of my set of Filter panels to synchronize with my clicks and change color"

If that is the question, I don't have a solution for you, sorry. Is it not enough to simply create a "Genre" column in your Playlist Viewer?

> prateek88 @ Post #6787   —   Is it possible to change the individual back and fore color of the filters too ?

File -> Preferences -> Colours and Fonts -> Colours tab -> choose Element: Filter Panel | choose Mode: Custom
I have a feeling you already know this; maybe you were asking something else, but didn't phrase your question correctly.

Columns UI

Reply #6788
Post deleted by me - accidental double post.

Columns UI

Reply #6789
      > prateek88 @ Post #6787   —   Is it possible to change the individual back and fore color of the filters too ?

File -> Preferences -> Colours and Fonts -> Colours tab -> choose Element: Filter Panel | choose Mode: Custom
I have a feeling you already know this; maybe you were asking something else, but didn't phrase your question correctly.

Yes, i meant to change the selected items color values, as previously asked in case of playlists.

Columns UI

Reply #6790
OK I just realised that the random order my files are being sorted in, is the way they're arranged as files. So if they don't have
1.track1
2.track2
3.track3

Then they aren't sorted in track order.

My Sort incoming files looks like this
%album artist% %date% %album% %tracknumber%

All my columns have custom sort scripts like this:

And I'm using NG Playlist.

Columns UI

Reply #6791
@Solynth, +1 for persisting with it and trying to find the cause of the problem.
I have spent ridiculous amounts of time on similar --seemingly inane-- problems too.

I have always found that NEVER giving up and persisting will eventually get you over the line.
The other thing you gain is more insight into how it all works.
Some users are just plain lazy and/or have short attention spans and no amount of help from others will help them.

Fundamentally, when playing with the Columns UI Playlist Viewer you need to have unbridled desire to dive into the Preferences page
and change something/anything and click the "Apply" button ...and continually rinse and repeat until it does what you want it to do!

I recommend adding the third-party component "foo_jesus" if you are heavily tweaking and customizing your layout;
with this component, if you hopelessly stuff things up you can go back in time.

Columns UI

Reply #6792

Did you put this also in Preferences / Shell Integration / Sort incoming files by and not only in Preferences / Columns UI / Filter / Sort incoming files by ?

Columns UI

Reply #6793
Firstly, thanks a lot for derty2 and prateek88 for your help. 

If I was to guess at a translation of what you were trying to say:
"When I click on an item in the Playlist Viewer, I would like the relevant line in the Genre panel of my set of Filter panels to synchronize with my clicks and change color"

If that is the question, I don't have a solution for you, sorry. Is it not enough to simply create a "Genre" column in your Playlist Viewer?

Yeah, that's i want to means. I'd already think about create a "Genre" column in my Playlist Viewer, but I would have preferred this solution.

Alex.

Columns UI

Reply #6794

Did you put this also in Preferences / Shell Integration / Sort incoming files by and not only in Preferences / Columns UI / Filter / Sort incoming files by ?

Holy shit, that did it. I feel like an idiot, hah, thanks heaps.

Columns UI

Reply #6795
Hi,

I'm new to columns UI. I want to assign some hotkeys to my custom controls (buttons) in column UI in order to activate/enable/disable some other UI components/controls, is that possible? 

Thanks.
Zee

Columns UI

Reply #6796
Hi,

I'm new to columns UI. I want to assign some hotkeys to my custom controls (buttons) in column UI in order to activate/enable/disable some other UI components/controls, is that possible? 

Thanks.
Zee

See in File/Preferences/Keyborad Shortcuts. There is only there who you can created/changed some UI controls.

Columns UI

Reply #6797
Hi there,
I'm pretty satisfied with my customized f2k, but there are some little issues i'd like to improve.

Filter:
- i'd like filter to ignore "the" in artist name (f.e.: "The Beatles" displayed as "Beatles, The" and ordered under B letter without retagging). Is there some decent way?

- how to force filter to change lighter and darker shades of colour in the rows like ng playlist can?

Buttons:
- how to make play/pause button? of course, the "pause" button works as play button, but i can't found out how to force it to change its icon to [||] while playing and [>] while paused. i guess there is no such a way using standard foobar buttons panel, isn't it?

Layout:
- is there any way how to get rid of borders between columns ui panels? i chose "none" in all of them, but there are still gray lines between them.

I'm beginner in customization of f2k and i would be happier to solve these problems without using wsh panel mod. Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english...

Columns UI

Reply #6798
- i'd like filter to ignore "the" in artist name (f.e.: "The Beatles" displayed as "Beatles, The" and ordered under B letter without retagging). Is there some decent way?

$swapprefix(tag,The)
$meta_branch_swapprefix(tag,The)
$meta_branch_remap_swapprefix(tag,The)

Replace tag with whatever tag you wish to use, e.g. album artist, artist, etc. (do not bookend the tag name with %, < or >)
- how to force filter to change lighter and darker shades of colour in the rows like ng playlist can?

Not possible.
- how to make play/pause button? of course, the "pause" button works as play button, but i can't found out how to force it to change its icon to [||] while playing and [>] while paused. i guess there is no such a way using standard foobar buttons panel, isn't it?

Not possible.
- is there any way how to get rid of borders between columns ui panels? i chose "none" in all of them, but there are still gray lines between them.

Not possible.

Columns UI

Reply #6799
BenB: Thanks!...at least one it is