Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Temporary Playlist (Read 3208 times) previous topic - next topic

Temporary Playlist

Having consulted a number of users, it is apparent that Foobar needs a temporary playlist, so when an F3 search is done and a song selected, it passess to the temp playlist.  This means you can queue up the next x-number of tunes you want to listen to-which makes sense if you have people round for beer and tunes, insead of continually having to select the next tune.  The search facility has become somthing to match that of winamp, quickly searching among my 1800 or so tunes and it would be excellant to see it's potential put to some good use. 

Temporary Playlist

Reply #1
Having consulted a number of users, it is apparent that Foobar needs a temporary playlist, so when an F3 search is done and a song selected, it passess to the temp playlist.  This means you can queue up the next x-number of tunes you want to listen to-which makes sense if you have people round for beer and tunes, insead of continually having to select the next tune.  The search facility has become somthing to match that of winamp, quickly searching among my 1800 or so tunes and it would be excellant to see it's potential put to some good use.  

Agreed.

It also makes sense when writing CDs - sometimes I write compilations from individual album tracks, it'd make more sense to have all my albums on the playlist and pick out tracks from them into a temp. playlist. And if the current playlist is meant to be temporary, how come it has a search facility?

Temporary Playlist

Reply #2
This thread has an extensive discussion of this topic, including a plugin that does exactly that - although it's somewhat limited and is for 0.7beta15-23 only.

Temporary Playlist

Reply #3
Thank you