Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 389716 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #675
It surely can transcode audio contained in video. As mplayer is used as the decoder, any formats mplayer supports (so many) can be transcoded.

How about audio contained in video (I'm new to video btw).

I just found and downloaded mediacoder.  It looks like a nice little program, but I know nothing about transcoding and little about converting except with the eaxy drag and drop programs.  Are there any instructions?? I only want to convert mov (song) and avi files (extract the audio) to audio (mp3, wav, etc) files.  The "features" listed  "Extracting audio tracks from video clips" Isl this the program I want?  Or are there are any other FREE programs that might accomplish this better?  When I added my file and clicked start it showed "nothing is transcoded....."  I have no idea what the parameters are supposed to be in any of the boxes or how to set any of the windows.  Some of my mov files are only audio, but they are still mov files.  I just want the audio in other audio formats.  I use iTunes as a player.  My ultimate goal is to get these files into audio files that can be imported into Cubase.  Can anyone help me?

Reply #676
Hi optimus,

Greetings from the UK!

I found MediaCoder yesterday, and it looks like it'll do exactly what I need to do - when I can get it to work! Essentially I am trying to copy VOB files (from a DVD of home movies that I have recorded) to MPEG-2, so I can edit them; add titles, transitions etc. I'm having some difficulty in generating MPEG- files that will play on my PC, so perhaps you could help me out?

I have the base pack plus the latest update. I've specified the video, audio and container requirements (copy from VOB to MPEG-2/Lame, saving as MPEG-2). I get a .mpg file in the target directory, of the size that's specified in the progress box on the right of the main screen - but the resulting file won't play. Every player I've tried to use has crashed when I've tried to play the file.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Martyn

Reply #677
A lot of posts lately. Hang on there!
  • The Summary is still misspelled (it is still Summury)
  • Remember I suggested to add "Transfer Tags" to the Options menu right after "Delete original file after transcoding".
  • The quality of resampler is not good, when the source is MP3 (haven't tested other formats). So, if I resample 44.1 KHz mp3 to 32 KHz ogg, I end up with a bad tune (170 kb). But if I first convert that mp3 to wav, and then resample it to 32 KHz ogg, I end up with a good tune (180 kb). The original sample used is here (232 kb).
  • Equalizer has gone completely mad! I just activated it and changed 16000 Hz value. Well, the output (172 kb) sounds like a destruction music (considering the input was that mp3 sample offered in the previous statement).

Thank you for your time, Stanley!

Reply #678
(Sorry, I think I added a new Forum instead of posting into this one.  Thus here it is.  Am I the only one confused?)

New installation of MediaCoder on Win95 will not run

Hi, Yes, unbelievably I am still running Win95. It is a long story.

I just installed MediaCoder 0.3.7 (20060416).  The installation process went fine; no indications of any problems.  There was no virus software running at the time, nor in my testing process to try to figure out what is going on. I installed to a non-stanard folder "Programs" instead of "Program Files", but otherwise it was a standard, full install.

The problem is: Upon starting up the program it immediately puts out two Windows altert boxes:

1) Error Starting Program
    The MEDIAINFO.DLL file is
    linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:IsDebuggerPresent.

2) C:\Programs\MediaCoder\mediacoder.exe
    A device attatched to the system is not functioning.

I have never before seen such an error or had such a problem with a program starting, going all the way back to when Win95 was a new program.   

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply #679
this is the fastest avi to mpeg2 (DVD) transcoder i have used, and i think i have played with about all of them
Chaintech AV-710

Reply #680

Well... another problem.

I just can't encode ANYTHING from a CD, I tried encoding to wav and m4a, but then nothing happens... ...!

Then I used Nero to encode'em from the CD to wav, but my media coder doesn't encode any wav to m4a...!!!

This isn't right, is it?

CD ripping is broken on WinXP and I haven't fixed it yet. What audio encoder did you choose?

I tried both of them (CT and 3GPP), but both failed transcoding.

Now I'm with a new (and a way better!) pc. Athlon 64 3700+, 1GB RAM... ... ... The other trouble with the quality decreasing just disappeared...!!! May that be due to the new motherboard? (the other was ASUS A7-etc-etc-etc, now it's an ASUS A8X-etc).

BUT... I still can't encode from wav to mp4. I tried all the combinations (CT and 3GPP combined to all the sources). All the 6 combinations finish on that "Nothing is transcoded" window.

WTF is that?

Reply #681

Now I'm with a new (and a way better!) pc. Athlon 64 3700+, 1GB RAM... ... ... The other trouble with the quality decreasing just disappeared...!!! May that be due to the new motherboard? (the other was ASUS A7-etc-etc-etc, now it's an ASUS A8X-etc).

BUT... I still can't encode from wav to mp4. I tried all the combinations (CT and 3GPP combined to all the sources). All the 6 combinations finish on that "Nothing is transcoded" window.

WTF is that?

Check the sampling rate of your file. AAC+ only supports > 32khz.

Reply #682
this is the fastest avi to mpeg2 (DVD) transcoder i have used, and i think i have played with about all of them

Can you walk me thru exactly what you do and what settings you are using?  If I try to convert avi to mpeg2, I get a 0byte file and mediacoder crashes because it runs out of vitrual memory.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #683
Bump......

I hope the developer can advise if this program is still supposed to run on Win95 or if that is no longer true ... in which case the operating system requirements should be changed.

Thanks.

New installation of MediaCoder on Win95 will not run

Hi, Yes, unbelievably I am still running Win95. It is a long story.

I just installed MediaCoder 0.3.7 (20060416).  The installation process went fine; no indications of any problems.  There was no virus software running at the time, nor in my testing process to try to figure out what is going on. I installed to a non-stanard folder "Programs" instead of "Program Files", but otherwise it was a standard, full install.

The problem is: Upon starting up the program it immediately puts out two Windows altert boxes:

1) Error Starting Program
    The MEDIAINFO.DLL file is
    linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:IsDebuggerPresent.

2) C:\Programs\MediaCoder\mediacoder.exe
    A device attatched to the system is not functioning.

I have never before seen such an error or had such a problem with a program starting, going all the way back to when Win95 was a new program.   

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply #684
Mediacoder was mentioned in the news entry on our homepage now : http://www.matroska.org/news/index.html

Sorry i cant work on the planned Guide for the time being, but i promise to look at it sooner or later.

Christian
matroska project admin

Reply #685
Sorry to annoy you, but Add Track here keeps freezing MediaCoder. When I click on it nothing happens, except that CPU usage go up until 99%.
I tried monitoring the program with Filemon for missing files or .dll, but apparently nothing is wrong. I have XP SP2.
Any hint?

Reply #686
Bump......

I hope the developer can advise if this program is still supposed to run on Win95 or if that is no longer true ... in which case the operating system requirements should be changed.

Thanks.

MediaCoder have dependency on MediaInfo library and the latter requires some APIs that Win95 doesn't provide. I will remove the dependency on MediaInfo from the Win9x version so that it will run on Win95.

Mediacoder was mentioned in the news entry on our homepage now : http://www.matroska.org/news/index.html

Sorry i cant work on the planned Guide for the time being, but i promise to look at it sooner or later.

Christian
matroska project admin

Thank you very much Christian!

Sorry to annoy you, but Add Track here keeps freezing MediaCoder. When I click on it nothing happens, except that CPU usage go up until 99%.
I tried monitoring the program with Filemon for missing files or .dll, but apparently nothing is wrong. I have XP SP2.
Any hint?

This problem has once been reported. I guess it has got blocked whiling accessing ASPI to read CD information. Did you have disc in your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM when clicking Add Track?

====================================================================

I'm currently working intensively on the new 0.3.8 version. It will have some exciting features:

PSP dedicated transcoder GUI (support PMP 2.0)
Improved cropping function (including crop-detect)
Improved preview function
Resizable main window
CD ripping function fixed
Accessing to MediaCoder's settings through web browser
and more...

Please stand by.

Reply #687
This problem has once been reported. I guess it has got blocked whiling accessing ASPI to read CD information. Did you have disc in your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM when clicking Add Track?

I tried everything: with CD audio or movie DVD or nothing inserted. The results are the same.
But now that you mentioned ASPI, I've recently discovered that I've no Windows ASPI installed on my sistem, but Nero ASPI instead. Maybe this is worth investigating.

EDIT: Installed Adaptec Windows ASPI and removed Nero ASPI and InCD: nothing changed. 

Reply #688
Hello!

I am having problems converting my MPEG-2 files, created from my computer's HDTV recordings into any video formats like MPEG-1. Everytime I convert in MediaCoder v0.3.7 b1712, I get an error. I even told it to not include audio.

I can play the video source files in so I assume the file is fine. I have a copy of the file online at: http://www.theupload.com/viewfile.php?id=00030824 ... if you need a copy to mess with it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Reply #689
Hello!

I am having problems converting my MPEG-2 files, created from my computer's HDTV recordings into any video formats like MPEG-1. Everytime I convert in MediaCoder v0.3.7 b1712, I get an error. I even told it to not include audio.

I can play the video source files in so I assume the file is fine. I have a copy of the file online at: http://www.theupload.com/viewfile.php?id=00030824 ... if you need a copy to mess with it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

I just tried transcoding your file to Xvid + MP3 in AVI and H.264 + aacPlus in MP4 and both works.

I tried everything: with CD audio or movie DVD or nothing inserted. The results are the same.
But now that you mentioned ASPI, I've recently discovered that I've no Windows ASPI installed on my sistem, but Nero ASPI instead. Maybe this is worth investigating.

EDIT: Installed Adaptec Windows ASPI and removed Nero ASPI and InCD: nothing changed. 

I will look into this problem later.
At this moment, an work around is to use "Add File" to add .cda files or .vob files into the list.

Reply #690
Optimus, please do not forget to add AC3 audio support in Media Coder 0.38. What's going on with that, you said earlier that you will add support for *.AC3 files trascoding.

Reply #691
Now to convert other video to XviD we have a percentage bar.
What are the equivalent percentages to the old Quantitizer method? (Quantitizer 3, 4 etc.)

??????????????????????

Reply #692
0.3.8 is released.

Changelog of 0.3.8 Full Pack:

1. MediaCoder updated to build 1800

1.1 added dedicated transcoder UI for PSP Media Player
1.2 improved cropping function crop options are now applied and kept for each single file)
1.3 main window now resizable
1.4 normal and advanced GUI mode
1.5 added transcoding parameters HTML listing (by enabling built-in HTTP daemon and opening http://localhost:8000/pref)
1.6 fixed broken CD ripping function
1.7 lots of misc fixups and improvements

2. updated MediaCoder command line utility
3. updated PMP muxer to v2.0
4. updated x264
5. updated MPlayer & MEncoder

Get it here
A PSP transcoding HOWTO is here.

btw: Sorry for not adding AC3 audio only encoding yet (will add it later)

Reply #693
0.3.8 is released.

Hi Optimus,

There is no mention for build 1800 of the fix to allow it to run on Windows 95 as you mentioned in a very recent post.

Does build 1800 include the Win95 fix?

Thanks for your hard work.

Reply #694
forgive me if this has been addressed before...

Love mediacoder, having messed with other stuff and all those codecs it's an alternative from heaven.

There are only two things I regularly do that I cant figure out how to get mc to do them.

1.dub a wav file onto a avi (take the video from one file and add the audio from another)
2. encode to divx that will play on a philips divx ready dvd player (home theater divx option in the official codec seems to work).

for both these task I have to dig out vdub. I'd love to be able to stick with vlc and mediacoder for all my playback/transcoding tasks andd free my computer of all those dreaded codecs.  Can it be done?

Reply #695
Hi,

I just ran .38 and it got past the bug where too many files caused it to lock up..
What I'm trying to do is convert my Ogg Vorbis music into Itunes' m4a.

Issue 1: The only Source that works is WinAmp input plugins, I tried to extract mplayers codec windows-all-20050412.zip into C:\mplayer but this setting only locks up mediacoder. Will Winamp work the best?

Issue 2: No tags are being transfered.  I've checked in options that tags transfer is set to YES.
I've confirmed with Tag&Rename that the Ogg is properly tagged, and I've re-encoded using LAME and FAAC and Tag&Rename and iTunes shows no tags. I think ogg's standard uses a special type of tags.

Is there any way to see what the "Error" is when a file is skipped?

Thanks again,

crobusa

Reply #696

0.3.8 is released.

Hi Optimus,

There is no mention for build 1800 of the fix to allow it to run on Windows 95 as you mentioned in a very recent post.

Does build 1800 include the Win95 fix?

Thanks for your hard work.

I've removed the dependency of MediaInfo.dll from win9x version. But I don't have a chance to test it on Win95. Please try and tell me the result. 

forgive me if this has been addressed before...

Love mediacoder, having messed with other stuff and all those codecs it's an alternative from heaven.

There are only two things I regularly do that I cant figure out how to get mc to do them.

1.dub a wav file onto a avi (take the video from one file and add the audio from another)
2. encode to divx that will play on a philips divx ready dvd player (home theater divx option in the official codec seems to work).

for both these task I have to dig out vdub. I'd love to be able to stick with vlc and mediacoder for all my playback/transcoding tasks andd free my computer of all those dreaded codecs.  Can it be done?

1. I will add this function.
2. Xvid should be able to produce DivX compatible files (you need to tune some parameters of xvid) and you may also try setting Div 4/5 as video format. Tell me it works or not.
Thanks for being stick with mediacoder. 

Hi,

I just ran .38 and it got past the bug where too many files caused it to lock up..
What I'm trying to do is convert my Ogg Vorbis music into Itunes' m4a.

Issue 1: The only Source that works is WinAmp input plugins, I tried to extract mplayers codec windows-all-20050412.zip into C:\mplayer but this setting only locks up mediacoder. Will Winamp work the best?

Issue 2: No tags are being transfered.  I've checked in options that tags transfer is set to YES.
I've confirmed with Tag&Rename that the Ogg is properly tagged, and I've re-encoded using LAME and FAAC and Tag&Rename and iTunes shows no tags. I think ogg's standard uses a special type of tags.

Is there any way to see what the "Error" is when a file is skipped?

Thanks again,

crobusa

I don't have an idea about the cause of your problem. Can you test with other target format?
Turn on the console window (press F6) and you will be able to read more info there.

Reply #697

WTF is that?

Check the sampling rate of your file. AAC+ only supports > 32khz.

"only supports > 32khz" means "only supports up to 32khz" or "only supports more than 32khz"?

The wavs I tried were all 44.1khz.

And now I gotta say I'm very happy that the CD ripping is gonna work...!

Reply #698
Heya I am a brand new user to MediaCoder so please excuse if this problem has been posted before.

I am running the latest version "0.3.8 build 1802"

I am trying to convert regular mp3 files to 3gpp AAC+ for my cell phone, these are the steps that I done

I added files and chose an output folder.  I clicked on "3GPP AAC+" and chose a bitrate of 32Kbps, unchecked "Enable Parametric Stereo".  Then I went to  File >Settings >Audio Filters  >Volume Normalization  >Value  >Yes.  Applied everything then hit start.  However for some reason after I hit start the files just skip over in error and none of the files convert.  Please help me resolve this problem, log file is at the end of this message.

Thanks for your help

[03-28 13:47:59] [3GPP AAC+] Applying codec parameters
[03-28 13:47:59] [3GPP AAC+] Applying codec parameters
[03-28 13:47:59] Opening audio source (MPlayer)
[03-28 13:48:00] Applying codec parameters
[03-28 13:48:00] [3GPP AAC+] Applying codec parameters
[03-28 13:48:00] Starting audio encoder (3GPP AAC+ V2)
[03-28 13:48:00] [3GPP AAC+] Loading codec DLL
[03-28 13:48:00] [3GPP AAC+] Incompatible version of (null) loaded.
[03-28 13:48:00] Error loading 3GPP AAC+ V2
[03-28 13:48:00] Error occured during audio transcoding.

Reply #699
"only supports > 32khz" means "only supports up to 32khz" or "only supports more than 32khz"?

The wavs I tried were all 44.1khz.

And now I gotta say I'm very happy that the CD ripping is gonna work...!

>=32khz
44.1khz wav also doesn't work?