Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2050123 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #3000
Please don't set d3d9.dll to native. Please do install DXVK instead. If there's a bug with DXVK, better report it.

Reply #3001
Do the source scripts work for you though? I tried adding every script but getting search results only from Deezer, 45cat and ArkivMusic. Most sources stop searching after a second. AllCdCover, CoverLib and HMV Canada keep searching but don't find anything.
In case someone else is having the same problem, I was able to resolve it by installing this package:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/multilib/x86_64/lib32-gtk3/

Reply #3002
Please don't set d3d9.dll to native. Please do install DXVK instead. If there's a bug with DXVK, better report it.

Using dxvk-1.7 with NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-450.57, I get

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.5.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (32 bit)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88980406): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406
   at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntGetMessageW(MSG& msg, HandleRef hWnd, Int32 uMsgFilterMin, Int32 uMsgFilterMax)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(MSG& msg, HandleRef hWnd, Int32 uMsgFilterMin, Int32 uMsgFilterMax)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.GetMessage(MSG& msg, IntPtr hwnd, Int32 minMessage, Int32 maxMessage)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
   at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
   at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

After running

winetricks -q d3dcompiler_47

it runs, but displays mostly black and occasionally flashes the proper display or parts of it. It's not usable in this state, so I did

wine reg add "HKCU\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Avalon.Graphics" /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Which returns it to a usable state.  Native d3d works just fine.

Reply #3003
The Fanart.tv script still appeals to be broken, which is very odd because I used to be able to make it work if I set it to search first and then clicked on the individual albums in the browser. But I'm on a new install and neither the original script or the fixed one seems to be working.

Reply #3006
Hello
Is there a version of Album Art Downloader that will work with xp 32 bit that has net framework 3.5 on. I am having no luck with the latest and net framework 4.7.2.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44

Reply #3007
AFAIK you gonna have to go for much earlier releases - prrhaps from the late noughties, if memory serves me well.

I don't know if, due to it still being an "aliveware", it doesn't meet any criteria at Roberto's rarewares.org, but there's definitely nothing in there.

Github sourceforge, perhaps?

Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #3008
Hello
Is there a version of Album Art Downloader that will work with xp 32 bit that has net framework 3.5 on. I am having no luck with the latest and net framework 4.7.2.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
thyristor44
The last version for .net framework 3.5 was 1.03. I can't say whether it will work with Windows XP, but it might. If not, you'll just have to try earlier versions until you find one that works, I haven't used or tested with XP in a very long time.

1.03 is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/files/album-art-xui/AlbumArtDownloaderXUI-1.01.exe/download

All previous versions can be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/files/album-art-xui/

Reply #3009
Thanks Alex, 103 worked perfectly on xp.
At least I am back in business.

Reply #3010
There are app crushes when enabled Bandcamp script, verified it on ON/OFF states.

Also an update for qobuz.boo:

// See if max size jpg is available
if CheckResponse(urlBase + "_org.jpg"):
fullSizeImageUrl = urlBase + "_org.jpg"
elif CheckResponse(urlBase + "_max.jpg"):
fullSizeImageUrl = urlBase + "_max.jpg"
else:

Where can I submit the crushdumps?

Reply #3011
It seems fanart has stopped working again. Is anybody else having that problem?

Reply #3012
It seems fanart has stopped working again. Is anybody else having that problem?

Nobody is having problems downloading from fanart.tv right now? Is there somewhere I can see where fanart is failing? Like a log or something?

I am using the latest fanart script provided here and I believe implemented in v 1.05

Reply #3013
Hello. I can't get results from the last fm ARTIST script. Is it working for anyone?

Reply #3014
luezuve, I get fanart.tv results sporadically -- i think availability depends on the album.

Google Play Music (which was one of my favored sources) is no longer returning results for me, so we might need a new script for its pseudo-replacement, YouTube Music. Alex, if I find time I'll give that a shot this weekend.

Reply #3016
Hi, new user here. Thanks for the great project.

I can't get Discogs to work. It churns and comes back with nothing for every single album. Doesn't Discogs require an authentication key? I know that I have to create one when I do this in the program Mp3Tag.

Amazon isn't working either, but that appears to be a known issue.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

John

Reply #3017
Discogs 0.20 is working for me. If you give me the name of the album you were searching for I can try that. It does not require an authentication key.

Amazon I think are still doing the bot protection and captcha thing, so it won't work for the moment. Unless anyone else thinks they can get a script working for it.

Reply #3018
Hey!  I've been using this for a while now and it's been amazing especially for albums that are a bit rarer.  I do have a question though...

I have a process where I download the album covers to a folder, in this case, "C:\_Album Covers_" which is then sorted by file dimension as a folder name, then the image is saved by the "%artist% - %album%". 

The minimum dimension in options is set to 1000 px.

Example of the downloaded file:
C:\_Album Covers_\1200x1200\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition).jpg

After I get enough albums downloaded, I then batch process each image with Topaz Labs GigaPixel to denoise, clean, remove JPEG artifacts, and upscale the image using Ai (if you haven't tried it, do it - the results are impressive) to a 4000x4000 16-bit TIF.

I then batch process these large 16-bit TIF files using RIOT (Radical Image Compressor Tool) to downsize and compress each image to the following sizes:

1500 px JPG, Chroma Subsampling = 4:4:4, 5MB maximum - saved to "C:\_CD Collection_\_COVERS_\1500px"
1400 px JPG, Chroma Subsampling = 4:4:4, 500KB maximum - saved to "C:\_CD Collection_\_COVERS_\1400px"
600 px JPG, Chroma Subsampling = 4:4:4, 200KB maximum - saved to "C:\_CD Collection_\_COVERS_\600px"

Finally, I batch all those results using lossless JPG optimization using FileOptimizer

Is it a bit OCD?  Probably, but it's not bad when you're able to batch-process.  The steps I'm missing are below:

Now, what I'd like to do is tell Album Art Downloader to automatically search a pre-set local folder first, and if there is a matching file already, stop searching altogether and copy (not move) that file to the matching album folder, prompting to overwrite if a file with the same name already exists.  So, for example, in this case:

The finished album art is in the following pre-set local folder:

C:\_CD Collection_\_COVERS_\1400px\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition).jpg

Album Art Downloader sees there is a folder here:

C:\_CD Collection_\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition)\

Album Art Downloader copies the file:

C:\_CD Collection_\_COVERS_\1400px\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition).jpg

to:

C:\_CD Collection_\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition)\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition).jpg

NOW!  What would be ideal is if there was an option to copy the 1500px large image as the same filename, the 1400px optimized image as "cover.jpg", and the 600px image as "folder.jpg"

So:

C:\_CD Collection_\_COVERS_\1500px\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition).jpg

is copied to:

C:\_CD Collection_\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition)\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition).jpg

then,

is copied to:

C:\_CD Collection_\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition)\cover.jpg

and finally,

is copied to:

C:\_CD Collection_\3 Doors Down - The Better Life (Deluxe Edition)\folder.jpg

Of course, if there is already a tool that can do this, please let me know :)

Thanks as always for this incredibly helpful piece of software!

-Dan

Reply #3019
Aha! I found the issue with my Discogs searches. In search Options > Filter by Cover Types, I had only "Front" checked. Adding a check on "Unknown" fixes the issue: it seems that all Discogs art is characterized this way.

Thanks again for this great tool! Kind of amazing how much time this is saving me yet how much time it still takes across ~65k audio files, some fraction of which lack covers.

Discogs 0.20 is working for me. If you give me the name of the album you were searching for I can try that. It does not require an authentication key.

Amazon I think are still doing the bot protection and captcha thing, so it won't work for the moment. Unless anyone else thinks they can get a script working for it.

Aha! I founf the

Reply #3020
Now, what I'd like to do is tell Album Art Downloader to automatically search a pre-set local folder first, and if there is a matching file already, stop searching altogether and copy (not move) that file to the matching album folder, prompting to overwrite if a file with the same name already exists.
That might be possible. In the Sources list, find "Local Files", and click the ... button to expand the settings for it. In the Path to find images, you will want something like
C:\_CD Collection_\_COVERS_\1400px\%artist% - %album%.jpg
Also check "Search First" so that if there are any results from this source, it won't search other sources unless you click the Search button a second time.

You will still have to click the Save button in the search results to actually copy it to the correct destination, the same as you do for any other source.

For your additional behaviour of copying multiple files at different resolutions, I don't see any easy way to make that happen, sorry! For that sort of complexity you are probably looking at writing some sort of batch script yourself, I doubt there's any tool that happens to support exactly that workflow.

Reply #3021
I am unable to find any instructions on how to use AAD. I would much appreciate if you can point me to where they can be found.

Reply #3022
Discogs .20 is searching very slowly. Started about Jan 2, 2020. I though it was a temporary issue so held off asking if anybody else was experiencing any problems.

Reply #3023
Fanart and Discogs seem both not be working anymore. Maybe Fanart did some changes to the API again?

Reply #3024
I confirm that fanart.tv script is broken again. I can't figure out why though, I tried to update the script myself, I removed the "search" prefix from musicbrainz because that one seems not to work, but even that didn't fix it.

Either there's a problem with the script while searching for the musicbrainz ID or I just don't know what I'm doing. Even tried the update in this thread from last July but still no dice. Changing the settings all over doesn't help either.

Testing the API itself it seems to work so I don't know why the results aren't showing up in AAD. Hoping someone here could help. Thanks!