Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stub image doesn't get loaded (Read 3620 times) previous topic - next topic

Stub image doesn't get loaded

Hello everybody,

I am kind of a foobar2k noobie and thus i got myself into a little struggle with the skins. The problem is that the "stub" image doesn't get loaded, whenever the album art is missing, instead it loads another song's artwork. Of course I changed the path from the settings>display, but it's still not working.

Here are a few screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65424541/Capture3.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65424541/Capture4.PNG

Reply #1
i'd guess it's using a hidden folder.jpg left behind by windows media player. it hides these inside folders with system/hidden attributes so you can't see them. use the folder options in explorer to temporarily show them so you can find and delete them.

or if none of your own art is named folder.jpg, simply remove it in the display preferences. i name mine cover.jpg and configure foobar to only display that. anything else gets ignored.

Reply #2
I tried searching for a folder.jpg the whole pc but the windows search came back empty.
I was also tried your second solution, but that didn't work aswell.

I remember that the album art that it's showing right now was the the first song I played, after I installed foobar, so maybe it's caching it somewhere?

EDIT:I also cleared the whole WMP cache from the AppData folder, but the problem is still there.

Reply #3
certain components cache artwork in memory so if you changed the 2nd option, a restart of foobar will be required.

the only possibilities are:
the artwork really is hidden in explorer. you need to make sure you untick the option "hide protected operating system files" in the explorer folder options
the artwork is embedded inside the file.

if you restart foobar in default UI and choose the last preset layout found under view>layout>quick setup with the default cover panel in, double clicking that panel will locate the source of the art in explorer.

Reply #4
Ok so I managed to find that folder.jpg, but instead of the stub image i get a gray rectangle.

Reply #5
You are using Columns UI.

Is your setting in Preferences / Display / Columns UI on the 'Artwork'-tab "Build-in foobar2000 artwork reader mode" = "Embedded and external artwork"?

This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #6
I forgot to mention that you also should check the options you see by right-clicking on an album art picture in Columns UI, especially "Displayed track" and "Artwork type".

Reply #7
For you first reply: Yes I have that option enabled.

For the second: No, I couldn't find the options you are talking about.

Now only the art on the bottom isn't working, here's a screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65424541/capt.PNG

Reply #8
Columns UI's own artwork picture that is shown if there is no artwork is this one

and I talked about this

context menu.

You are using a heavily themed version. It may be the best to ask its author for help.

Reply #9
You are using Columns UI.
Moved out of Support, which is only for first-party software.

Things like this should be explicitly stated in expository posts, not left to inference from screenshots.