Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_stopaftercuralbum (Read 14059 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_stopaftercuralbum

I wanted some way of stopping playback in Foobar 2000 after the end of the current album is reached but couldn't find either any acceptable built-in way of doing it (eg. via the playback queue) or any plugin that would help me (apart from maybe foo_uie_queuemanager but that seems to be incompatible with current versions and no longer updated).

So, I threw something together quickly. Thanks to foosion's handy tutorials and the quite neat, if sparsely documented, SDK this was really quick and painless - it only took a couple of hours in the end from downloading the SDK.

Here's the DLL for download: foo_stopaftercuralbum v0.2
And here's the source: foo_stopaftercuralbum v0.2 source

(NB: This was built against the 0.9 SDK but works fine in the v1.0 betas, at least as of beta 5.)

This will add an extra 'Stop After Current Album' in your Playback menu. When enabled it should do exactly what it sounds like it should do!

The albums are differentiated on the basis of the following string by default:

'%album artist%| | %album% | %date% | %directoryname%'

If that changes then the album is regarded as having changed. You can change it in the advanced preferences if you like (under Playback -> Stop after current album).

I hope this is useful to someone. Let me know if you use it and like it :)

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #1
Thank You!!!

Very useful as i mainly use foobar for listening full albums with autoplaylists.
last.fm/user/boces

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #2
Very good indeed.  Thanks

Edit: I can not download it.

Error: Invalid File.

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #3
If you ever wanted to make version 0.2:
Code: [Select]
// config.cpp:
advconfig_string_factory cfg_albumPattern("Stop after current album - album pattern", guid_cfg_albumPattern, advconfig_entry::guid_branch_playback, 0, "%album artist%|%album%|%date%|%directory%");

// on_playback_new_track():
pfc::string8 format;
cfg_albumPattern.get(format);
p_track->format_title_legacy(NULL, new_id_string, format, NULL);
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #4
@eradumvelhinho:
I just downloaded it on a different computer and it worked fine for me?

@Yirkha:
Thanks for the tip :)

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #5
Problem fixed!

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #6
aah, this is great. something i've always missed! thank you very much, knox!

two things for a possible v0.2
  • an option to reset stop-after-current-album when stopping
  • "stop after current album" should appear below "stop after current" in the playback menue

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #7
I love this component, and I agree with solarlag's recommendations
we was young an' full of beans

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #8
I've uploaded v0.2 - see the opening post.

There are some options under Advanced -> Playback -> Stop after current album to control the format of the album ID string and to only stop once, ie. to reset as requested after stopping once. Unfortunately the SDK doesn't allow the option in the Playback menu to be inserted earlier. Well, it might be possible but the SDK specifically says you shouldn't.

If a moderator could edit my opening post to point at these new links that'd be great. I don't seem to be able to do it myself (I guess there's some limit on how long after posting you can edit).
(Edit: nevermind!)

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #9
Post editing privileges fixed.
Please use our uploads forum instead of external file hosting services.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #10

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #11
thanks for the update, knox!
great component 

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #12
thanks

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #13
This is what I ever wanted, thanks for making dream reality Sir knox!

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #14
A "Stop after Playback Queue" function would be nice (like in the outdated foo_uie_queuemanager)... 

foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #16
Wow thanks very much for this simple component!
I really like it.
I have tried the more recent (and overly complex imo) foo_stopafteralbum, but it didn’t work for me (?).
Then I found this good old foo_stopaftercuralbum back again, which still works great for me (and there are even some settings available) !

Re: foo_stopaftercuralbum

Reply #17
Just curious if anyone still has this old component kicking around.