Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2023180 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2100
Hi Alex, the lastFM Artist script hasn't been working for a while now. Any chance of an update?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2102
Thanks, good as new! 

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2103
It's possible to change default replace symbol from "_" to "" or "-"?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2105
It's possible to change default replace symbol from "_" to "" or "-"?
Sorry, but no, this is not currently possible. There is a feature request for it, so it might happen in a future version.

Alex

Ok, hope for another 4 year  Anyway I found how to replace to _ in Mp3tag. But what about fb2k. I use "C:\Users\dubwai\Pictures\Album Art\$replace(%album artist%\%album%,/,:,?,*,<,>,|,_,_,_,_,_,_,_)\Front.jpg" but it didn't work. I play with simple $replace but it also didn't work

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2106
I use "C:\Users\dubwai\Pictures\Album Art\$replace(%album artist%\%album%,/,:,?,*,<,>,|,_,_,_,_,_,_,_)\Front.jpg" but it didn't work. I play with simple $replace but it also didn't work
I think you've got the syntax of replace slightly wrong there, each substitution goes next to the character it is substituting, so try: $replace(%album artist%\%album%,/,_,:,_,?,_,*,_,<,_,>,_,|,_) instead. Might want to add \ in there too, if you could have those in the name.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2107
I use "C:\Users\dubwai\Pictures\Album Art\$replace(%album artist%\%album%,/,:,?,*,<,>,|,_,_,_,_,_,_,_)\Front.jpg" but it didn't work. I play with simple $replace but it also didn't work
I think you've got the syntax of replace slightly wrong there, each substitution goes next to the character it is substituting, so try: $replace(%album artist%\%album%,/,_,:,_,?,_,*,_,<,_,>,_,|,_) instead. Might want to add \ in there too, if you could have those in the name.

Alex

Yes man, you are wright with formating, I try a lot variants, but problem is that fb2k automatic replace invalid characters to "-" in this
and replace function don't work, because it's alread replaced to "-". I ask at irc, and i got answer that it's hardcoded and unchangeable. So may be add option to choose what to use "_" or "-". Because it's boring to manual rename every time. Thanx.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2108
In ticket said that winamp also replace this symbols to "-". Seems that it "standart" for soft mp3 players

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2109
It's a bad idea to use a replacement character that often appears as a normal character too, but if foobar's album art viewer component requires it then that puts a different spin on the matter. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2110
Version 0.44
This version adds support for setting the replacement character for invalid filename characters. I've made the default '-', for compatibility with the foobar2000 album art viewer component. If you want to go back to using '_' (or any other single character), then there's a box for it under Options in the main search window.

I've also added limited support for reading embedded images to the foobar browser. This was already available for the file browser, but I had not done so in the foobar browser. The reason was that the file browser has to read each file from disk anyway, but the foobar browser does not. Having to read every file from disk would mean losing the performance advantage of using the foobar browser. What I've done for this release is to have it read only the first file for each album in the foobar browser to find embedded art. In my testing, this appears to have minimal performance impact, but if anyone is finding the foobar browser to be significantly slower than before, please let me know and I can either revert the change, or make it optional.

Scripts have been brought up to date, and two have been removed. Darktown and MioMusic are no longer available - I'd recommend you delete those scripts if you have them installed.

Download:
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.exe (Installer. Recommended)
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.zip (zip archive for those who don't like installers)
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (required, except for Windows 7)Donations

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2111
Great AlexVallat, thank you very much.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2112
My Google Image script doesn't appear to be working now.

I get the searching animation but no results are returned.

Has something changed which has broken the script?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2114
That sorted it. Thanks!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2115
Everything I have been looking for is now all here since 2007! What have I been missing. I depeneding heavily on Google Images now I can completely rely on this and it's browsing goes by a long shot of different sources. Amazing program. Simple. 10/10.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2116
what do i have to do to get it work under windows 7 64 with comodo firewall and avast? turned both off, but still no results on any folder.
and the program does also crash when the folder is bigger then some GB (around 10GB)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2117
what do i have to do to get it work under windows 7 64 with comodo firewall and avast? turned both off, but still no results on any folder.
and the program does also crash when the folder is bigger then some GB (around 10GB)

Windows 7 x64 shouldn't be a problem at all, that's what I run. If Comodo or Avast are set to block unknown programs from accessing the internet, then that might stop it from finding any results when you do an album art search (but shouldn't result in a crash). If you add an exception for the AlbumArt.exe process to allow it to access the internet, that should be enough.

I haven't seen the 10GB folder crash, did it generate a crash log text file? If not, can you describe the crash message that did appear, or did the program just exit immediately without any message?

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2118
Yesterday, cover-paradies started returning no results. I have tried it with existing albums that have previously succeeded, plus I checked through the browser interface that these albums existed. I noticed they have changed the url from cover-paradies to ecover.to, so I tried changing the boo script to use that, still no results. The cover-paradies url still works in the browser, you just get redirected.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2119
OK, found out the issue. I'd changed the url information in the script, but hadn't changed the code that gets the title for the album. Looking into the webpage source, they have changed the <title> tag. So after the <title> tag repalce Cover-Paradies to eCover.to and now I'm getting results.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2121
I like large album art, but often if it can't be found in the usual spots, so I'm stuck with google... whose results here aren't sorted by any size. So I rolled my own script, "Google Large Images" based off the regular google.boo, which will return images bigger than 800x600 (google doesn't let you be exact on width/height requirements). That means it'll return 700x700 and up which suits my purposes pretty well (because there's usually a fair amount of 600x600 artwork on google).

You can get it here if anyone is interested. I appreciate any feedback.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2122
You can get it here if anyone is interested. I appreciate any feedback.

You can't get it there anymore, but I can't edit that post sadly. Here's the new link. I'm now appending the file size to the start of the title for easier comparison of large images, plus I've disabled safe search because I'd found an image that was on some banned site even though it contained no objectionable content. Use at your own risk if you're easily offended.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2123
I've recently had a couple of crashes when I launched AAD from foobar2000. Here's a crash log:

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: D:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 0.44.0.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException:  Kan bestand of assembly PresentationFramework.Classic, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. De parameter is onjuist. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))  Fout bij object System.Windows.Controls.ControlTemplate in opmaakbestand Controls/Xaml/ArtPanel.generic.xaml. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Kan bestand of assembly PresentationFramework.Classic, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. De parameter is onjuist. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
Bestandsnaam: PresentationFramework.Classic, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
  bij System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
  bij System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
  bij System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
  bij System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.ReflectionHelper.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyGivenName, String assemblyPath)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlMapTable.GetAssemblyFromAssemblyInfo(BamlAssemblyInfoRecord assemblyInfoRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlMapTable.GetTypeFromTypeInfo(BamlTypeInfoRecord typeInfo)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlMapTable.GetTypeFromId(Int16 id)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.OptimizedTemplateContent.CheckElementStartForOptimization(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.OptimizedTemplateContent.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.TemplateBamlRecordReader.AddContentRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.TemplateBamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementStartRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.TemplateBamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.TemplateTreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
  bij System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
  bij System.Windows.Markup.XamlTemplateSerializer.ConvertBamlToObject(BamlRecordReader reader, BamlRecord bamlRecord, ParserContext context)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.StyleBamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)

--- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
  bij System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.StyleBamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.StyleTreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
  bij System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
  bij System.Windows.Markup.XamlStyleSerializer.ConvertBamlToObject(BamlRecordReader reader, BamlRecord bamlRecord, ParserContext context)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElement(Int64 startPosition, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Object dictionaryKey)
  bij System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.CreateObject(Int32 valuePosition, Object key)
  bij System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.RealizeDeferContent(Object key, Object& value, Boolean& canCache)
  bij System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValueWithoutLock(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
  bij System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValue(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
  bij System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValueWithoutLock(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
  bij System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValue(Object key, Boolean& canCache)
  bij System.Windows.SystemResources.LookupResourceInDictionary(ResourceDictionary dictionary, Object key, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference, Boolean& canCache)
  bij System.Windows.SystemResources.FindDictionaryResource(Object key, Type typeKey, ResourceKey resourceKey, Boolean isTraceEnabled, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference, Boolean& canCache)
  bij System.Windows.SystemResources.FindResourceInternal(Object key, Boolean allowDeferredResourceReference, Boolean mustReturnDeferredResourceReference)
  bij System.Windows.StyleHelper.GetThemeStyle(FrameworkElement fe, FrameworkContentElement fce)
  bij System.Windows.FrameworkElement.UpdateThemeStyleProperty()
  bij System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnInitialized(EventArgs e)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ElementEndInit(Object& element)
  bij System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementEndRecord(Boolean fromNestedBamlRecordReader)
  bij System.Windows.StyleHelper.LoadOptimizedTemplateContent(DependencyObject container, ParserContext parserContext, OptimizedTemplateContent optimizedTemplateContent, FrameworkTemplate frameworkTemplate, IComponentConnector componentConnector, IStyleConnector styleConnector, List`1 affectedChildren, UncommonField`1 templatedNonFeChildrenField)
  bij System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadContent(DependencyObject container, List`1 affectedChildren, UncommonField`1 templatedNonFeChildrenField)
  bij System.Windows.StyleHelper.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 dataField, DependencyObject container, FrameworkElementFactory templateRoot, Int32 lastChildIndex, HybridDictionary childIndexFromChildID, FrameworkTemplate frameworkTemplate)
  bij System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 templateDataField, FrameworkElement container)
  bij System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ApplyTemplate()
  bij System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
  bij System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
  bij System.Windows.Controls.WrapPanel.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
  bij System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
  bij System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
  bij System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
  bij System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
  bij System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
  bij System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
  bij System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  bij MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  bij MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  bij MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
  bij MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  bij System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
  bij System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
  bij AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
  bij AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
  bij AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)
I'm on Windows 7. For some reason it doesn't always crash, and I also don't always get a log.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2124
Alex, a belated thanks for adding the detection of embedded images and exposing playlists in the Foobar browser - the performance is great!  Looking for an image in just one file per album was a very good choice, since this focuses AAD on what it does best, and other applications are best suited to sort out tag inconsistencies across tracks in albums.  Thanks again!