Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2022891 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2975
Why 4.7.2 and not 4.8? Installing 4.7.2 requires 4.0 -> 4.7 -> 4.7.2, while 4.8 requires 4.0 -> 4.8.

Yes, that message is out of date. It is Framework 4.7 that should be installed, not 3.5.

4.8 might work just fine, but given that running things in wine can be quite finicky, I figured I would have the best chance using the version specified. My closest options within winetricks were 4.7.1 or 4.7.2. I tried the latter.

Reply #2976
Installing 4.8 in Wine is a lot less troublesome at this point than 4.7.2. And if you have esync or fsync enabled, it goes pretty quickly, too. Or maybe my current system is just that much faster than my previous one.

Reply #2977
Hello,

I really love your program you made Alex, but right now I have a problem that happened just out of nowhere.
When I try to download a cover, it just gives me an error message that the file cannot be saved because the "file cannot be found"
The error only occurs at v1.04 and above. v1.03 works perfectly fine but It's outdated.

Do you know why it's causing this error message? Will be much appreciated!

Edit: Never mind, fixed it. It was just Windows Security that prevented it.

Reply #2978
I'm taking some seconds to post an acknowledgement message. I've used this wonderful tool for years, it was about time to do so :)
THANKS !

Reply #2979
Hey, is there any prospect of fixing the Google Play Music connector? It's been broken for a while. :)

Reply #2980
The sources scripts database isn't updating. I can see the .boo files in the Scripts folder in AAD but the newer sources don't show up in the actual program. Any help?

Reply #2981
Hey, is there any prospect of fixing the Google Play Music connector? It's been broken for a while. :)
Seems to be working for me. Maybe it's just blacklisted your IP? Or if you give me the album you are searching for, I can try that.

The sources scripts database isn't updating. I can see the .boo files in the Scripts folder in AAD but the newer sources don't show up in the actual program. Any help?
Sorry, I don't understand the question. Are you getting an error message at startup, when it tries to compile the scripts? Is it a specific script that can't be loaded? Or you've added a script .boo file and AAD isn't trying to compile it at startup at all?

Reply #2984
Is the GoogleImage script just completely dead now or what?
Pretty much, unless they change again to make something less scraper unfriendly. Sorry.
https://sourceforge.net/p/album-art/support-requests/35/
I figured that was the case. I was trying to use google for another scraper and all calls were rejected too.

Reply #2985
Sorry, I don't understand the question. Are you getting an error message at startup, when it tries to compile the scripts? Is it a specific script that can't be loaded? Or you've added a script .boo file and AAD isn't trying to compile it at startup at all?

It's the Allmusic.boo and Yandex.boo . When i start up Album Art Downloader there is a link at the bottom of the right-side panel that "new scripts downloaded". These are the two mentioned: allmusic.boo and yandex.boo. I click OK & restart the app and in my directory [C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\Scripts] both the .boo files are there but, they are not there in the side panel of the AAD app itself and i again have a message at the very bottom of the right-side panel that says New Scripts Downloaded... There is no error message. I hope  this post makes more sense to you.  I don't know the difference between "compiling" and "loading" them but, i just know that the two files are in the directory i mentioned above but not in the side panel of the app itself where you have the option to choose the Sources AAD uses and change the settings of them. Yandex and Allmusic are just not in that panel at all. And i always have that link to click on and it always has a pop-up window that shows the 2 .boo files it downloaded and when i click Restart they are still not in the Sources right-side panel.
Thanks. Love the app. I had been looking for something exactly like this for years now!

Reply #2986
It's the Allmusic.boo and Yandex.boo.
Sorry, it looks like those scripts are no longer available, the links are 404. They should not have been listed as New Scripts Downloaded, but for some reason the update check file wasn't properly updated - I think I've fixed that now.

Reply #2987
I'm on 1.0.3. During each program start, the software advises me that an update is available. (Until a few days ago, the info was that 1.0.4 is available--now it says 1.0.5 is available).

But on the sourceforge page, all I find is a 1.0.3 installer...

Reply #2989
Hi, I had the problem where I would start your awesome program and it would check for updates, tell me there was a new version (first 1.0.4 then 1.0.5). I would download and install. I would start the program and it would tell me it was still v1.0.3 and ask me to download the new update. The update would always SAY it was the new update, but after reinstalling several times I would always launch the program and it was the older 1.0.3 version. It made it look like the update was mislabeled as new but was really old.

I finally figured it out.

I used the excellent "Search Everything" at https://www.voidtools.com/ and searched for "AlbumArt.exe". I found TWO of them!

Somehow the older version (in C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader) was not getting updated. AAD was also in C:\Program Files\PerfectTUNES. THAT one was getting updated instead. I uninstalled AAD using the normal Windows uninstall tool. The PerfectTUNES version went away, but the C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader version still stayed. I had been reusing an old shortcut to the older program.

Somehow, the older 1.0.3 program got "disassociated(?)" from the installation, but my shortcut still pointed at it. I manually deleted the old 1.0.3 one (OK, I first renamed it to be safe). I have now reinstalled the new one from Sourceforge and all is great. Of course I am using a new shortcut as well.

I wanted to post this 'cause it has been driving me insane. My guess is some of the other questions here have had this problem, too, even though they haven't used a million words like I did. Hopefully this is useful! I made an account here to pay it forward.

Thank you for your great program and the time you put into maintaining it!

Reply #2990
@Blather, the AlbumArt.exe you found in PerfectTunes belongs to PerfectTunes. Whilst it seems you did have some sort of mix up in your File Table, PerfectTUNES still requires its version of AlbumArt.exe. On my machine there are huge differences in file sizes between the two. 473KB for AAD vs 2284KB for PerfectTunes.

Reply #2991
Hello AlexVallat!

Thanks (again) for this superb and multi-useful tool!

I get reproducable crashes with 1.0.5.0 under win7-64bit and those autofilled (via foo_run v0.3.8) values for:

Quote from: ARTIST
Johann Sebastian Bach - Ian Bostridge, Franz-Josef Selig, Sibylla Rubens, Andreas Scholl, Werner Güra, Dietrich Henschel, Collegium Vocale, Philippe Herreweghe

Quote from: ALBUM
Matthäus-Passion . St Matthew Passion . Passion Selon Saint Matthieu

just in case, my foo_run command:
Code: [Select]
".\user-components\AlbumArtDownloaderXUI\AlbumArt.exe" /ar "[%artist%]" /al "[%album%]" /p "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)%%artist%%%%album%%'~'%%type%%%%size%%%%source%%.%%extension%%"

Except that, your great tool runs fine and smooth, since years!

cheers!

EDIT:
funny, another crash, maybe the same cause :)

Johann Sebastian Bach, Karl Richter, Rudolf Baumgartner

Cantatas II: Actus Tragicus / Ich Will Den Kreuzstab Gerne Tragen / Herz Und Mund Und Tat Und Leben

Reply #2992
I get reproducable crashes with 1.0.5.0 under win7-64bit and those autofilled (via foo_run v0.3.8) values for:

Thanks for reporting this. I haven't been able to reproduce this, but perhaps it depends on which source you are using? I tried it with ArkivMusic, if you are using something else please let me know. Also, if you can see in the Windows Event Log what error get reported (there should be one from .NET Framework at the time of the crash), that might help.

Reply #2993
which source you are using?
Also, if you can see in the Windows Event Log
I'm using ALL sources that come with the program
...and have disabled windows event logging since years... I really can't remember how to enable and where to look for those errors.

Reply #2994
which source you are using?
Also, if you can see in the Windows Event Log
I'm using ALL sources that come with the program
...and have disabled windows event logging since years... I really can't remember how to enable and where to look for those errors.
Run services.msc and re-start "Windows Event Log". Not sure why you'd ever want to disable this though. It's a pretty important part of the OS, and I'd think it would cause problems if it were disabled.

Then you can see the events by running Event Viewer.

Reply #2995
I don't anticipate that you'd want to support or troubleshoot use of AAD via wine in Linux, but for what it's worth, this is what I get when using the attached version under a 64-bit prefix of wine with .NET 7.2 installed.
Thanks for reporting this, it's always good to have more information. I wonder, do any WPF based applications run on your setup? The stack trace indicates that it's coming from deep in the internals of WPF so I doubt there is anything I can do to affect it one way or another, but if there's an working example I can compare with then maybe I can figure something out.

Alex

I got it working!  I used the following link to do so, though I didn't follow it verbatim:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux4noobs/comments/firqs9/getting_windows_wpf_applications_to_run_with_wine/

For anyone else attempting to do the same thing, here's the gist of it:

- Run winetricks
   - Install .NET 4.7.2 (This will work backwards through previous versions that need to be installed first and likely throw up a lot of warning messages.  Don't worry.)
   - Install dxvk (latest)
   - Install d3dcompiler_47
- From the terminal,
   wine reg add "HKCU\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Avalon.Graphics" /v DisableHWAcceleration /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Not all of that may be necessary, but I figured I will probably want to tackle other D3D applications at some point.

Probably best to just give AAD its own prefix.  This makes things simpler.  When prompted, DON'T install Mono.

export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wineAAD
winetricks -q dotnet48
wine reg ADD 'HKCU\Software\Wine\DllOverrides' '/f' '/v' 'd3d9' '/t' 'REG_SZ' '/d' 'native'
wine AlbumArtDownloaderXUI-1.05.exe

For the automatically generated menu icon to work, I had to modify it.

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Album Art Downloader
Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/seamonkey/.wineAAD" wine C:\\\\windows\\\\command\\\\start.exe /Unix /home/seamonkey/.wineAAD/dosdevices/c:/users/seamonkey/Start\\ Menu/Programs/Album\\ Art\\ Downloader/Album\\ Art\\ Downloader.lnk
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Path=/home/seamonkey/.wineAAD/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/AlbumArtDownloader
Icon=50B1_AlbumArt.0
StartupWMClass=albumart.exe

Reply #2996
HI

I love your Album Art Downloader very much. For me it’s very useful. I have a Feature Request.

Under Sources: You can only Select all or individually. A secondary was very helpful. Preferred Sources.

On the Settings you can say witch your preferred Sources you have. Normally I have only 2 Downloader.

If you can implement this you make me very happy.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad English

Kind Regards

René

Reply #2997
Click the ... button on the source and check the "Search first", this will then be a preferred source. The first time you click search, all the "Search first" sources will be searched, then if you click it again any other selected sources will be searched.

Reply #2998
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wineAAD
winetricks -q dotnet48
wine reg ADD 'HKCU\Software\Wine\DllOverrides' '/f' '/v' 'd3d9' '/t' 'REG_SZ' '/d' 'native'
wine AlbumArtDownloaderXUI-1.05.exe
Thanks, AADL is one of the last programs I boot Win7 VM for.

Do the source scripts work for you though? I tried adding every script but getting search results only from Deezer, 45cat and ArkivMusic. Most sources stop searching after a second. AllCdCover, CoverLib and HMV Canada keep searching but don't find anything.

Reply #2999
I suspect a lack of modern https support in WINE will be the issue there. It's stuck in the dark ages and any applications that use windows APIs are going to fail. Only applications using 3rd party SSL libraries will work.