Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2023104 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2075
I have windows 7 installed on my PC

Qestion one

I do not know if it is possible.

Is it possible to download multiple art in one search automatic in Album Art Downloader (Front, Back, Cd, Inlay, Booklet)

(It would be nice not to make the same search again, just for a different art)

Question two

When i open a music folder, how do I the get the cover shown, on the different files in windows 7?

There will come some questions for Foopar and cover, but not to get things mixed up. I take one qestion at a time.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2076
also, not sure what's the problem is, but I'm not getting any results from Amazon UK today for some reason. French come in ok, but not UK... weird

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2077
Is emusic working for anyone?  I get results if the art is there, but the image is a just a generic stub image of a dark grey cd shape on a black background.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2078
Is emusic working for anyone?  I get results if the art is there, but the image is a just a generic stub image of a dark grey cd shape on a black background.

I was wondering about that too. For the past month or so I've been getting no eMusic results for a lot of my AAD searches. When I searched for the album directly on the eMusic site, however, more often than not the album was there.

I went ahead and debugged the eMusic.boo script. It seems that eMusic is transitioning to a slightly different URL naming scheme for its album pages. Example:

Old URL: http://www.emusic.com/album/Collective-Sou...d/10976238.html
New URL: http://www.emusic.com/album/collective-soul/youth/10976238/

Sometimes in Google search results the old URL scheme turns up on other eMusic servers such as origin-www.emusic.com, but not always, so my guess is that the old URLs are being phased out.

Old URL scheme on different eMusic server found in a Google search: http://origin-www.emusic.com/album/Collect...d/10976238.html

Alex, I've made a fix for the eMusic script that searches for and handles both types of URLs in case one type doesn't appear in the search. I don't seem to have the ability to upload attachments to this thread, so I'll try to get it to you via PM or email.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2079
Sorry I haven't been around recently, let me try and answer some posts here:

It seems like more often than not, the script fails to find results for titles or artists including non-alphanumeric characters, like quote marks and ampersands.
If you have some specific examples that return good results on Amazon Advanced Music but fail on AAD then I can take a look and see if anything can be done to improve it.

if there were a script for http://www.mndigital.com/content-experience/, I could then find at least 95% of my album art every time. Would that be possible?
Yes, that looks like a good site for 800x800 covers. Please give this script a try and let me know how you get on: medianet.boo

is there ANY way to configure the Google search? i.e. so that it could return only big results or, at least, over 20?
You might be able to edit the search URL in the script to change the parameters to the search, but I don't think you can get more than 20 results as that is one page worth. I'm not going to have the script download multiple pages of results for a single search.

Is it possible to download multiple art in one search automatic in Album Art Downloader (Front, Back, Cd, Inlay, Booklet)
Sorry, not at the moment. The automatic downloader currently only saves a single image per album.

When i open a music folder, how do I the get the cover shown, on the different files in windows 7?
Do you mean embedding the artwork within each individual mp3 file? If so, then you need some media management/tagging software that can handle embedded artwork tags. MP3 Tag is quite popular for this sort of thing - someone wrote a tutorial for using it for this purpose here.

also, not sure what's the problem is, but I'm not getting any results from Amazon UK today
I've updated the Amazon script, hopefully that should sort out the recent issues: amazon-common.boo

Alex, I've made a fix for the eMusic script that searches for and handles both types of URLs in case one type doesn't appear in the search. I don't seem to have the ability to upload attachments to this thread, so I'll try to get it to you via PM or email.
Thanks, I appreciate it! I've uploaded your changes to both eMusic and buy.com.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2080
Thanks for the MediaNet script, Alex! I haven't tried it yet, but I hope to this week. I'll let you know when I do. I had actually figured out a basic script somehow (through a lot of trial and error, haha). At first, I thought it was gonna be possible at all, because of the site's JavaScript, but then I inspected the source more closely and found embedded in the JS, the URL for serving up the images. With that figured out, I then put together a script, using the Amazon script structure as a guide. I was so happy when I finally got something working, haha. Your script looks a lot better/more efficient than mine, though... but still, I think I did pretty well for being a novice at this type of script writing!

Well, since I now have MediaNet as a working source, Amazon has become more a secondary source to me, and so, I'm not concerned about trying to improve it anymore. I had never seen that Advanced Search page before...it should definitely be helpful--thanks!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2081
Ah, sorry to stomp on your first script-writing attempt! If I'd known you were working on it, I would have waited, but from your other post I figured you weren't. If you do continue with any script development, the tool I find most helpful is Fiddler2, which shows exactly what urls are accessed when loading the page in the browser, and what data comes back from them.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2082
Fiddler is definitely an interesting tool--thanks for mentioning it, Alex! With it, I was able to modify the request headers of the album art that gets downloaded with the music I get from a MediaNet source (iMesh), so that I get the full-size 800x800 art instead of the standard 150x150. My goal was to reduce my need for AAD, haha. It was so tempting, since I know iMesh stores a folder of labeled album art for each downloaded album. But, I wasn't able to accomplish my goal...sure, I can download the full-size album art now with the music, but, those images merely go to my IE cache, retaining their useless "g.jpeg" filename, and with no way of easily associating them with the music, I guess my plan just doesn't work. I guess iMesh populates its artwork folder by copying the embedded art from my music's metadata (again, only 150x150 tops), not by directly downloading them...oh well.

Still, Fiddler is fun to play with, and I may find other uses for it eventually. How do you come up with the regex in your scripts, however? Do you have a tool for that too, or are you a regex guru, haha? Before I had MediaNet as a working source, I was trying to modify the Amazon script to pull images from the MP3 download store (since apparently, Amazon's and MediaNet's catalog are at least 90% similar), but the Amazon MP3 pages have a different structure than what the existing regex looks for, and that regex was quite complicated for me to try to modify. (I'm glad MediaNet proved to only require minimal regex...you actually defined a more detailed expression than I, but yours is likely more bullet-proof than mine.)

Well, speaking of the MediaNet script, yours is working very well--thanks again! I think my version downloads the full images outright (which is fine for my purposes), whereas yours gets a thumbnail first. I couldn't easily figure out how to do that, but figured I'd be fine without it

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2083
Do you have a tool for that too, or are you a regex guru, haha?
A bit of both? I use RegexBuddy, which is kind of like an IDE for regexes, and helps a lot with testing. It's not going to take input html and automagically make a working regular expression though, even less so one that's resilient to minor formatting changes. The same guy has another tool called RegexMagic that *is* supposed to magically produce Regexes for you, but I haven't tried it myself, so I can't comment on how well it manages to do so.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2084
A (great and) free alternative would be Expresso.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2085
Thanks for the responses, Alex and tuxman. Somehow, I never knew about RegexBuddy or RegexMagic, even though I've been a fan of EditPad Lite from the same developer, for years now (and it's what I used to try to manipulate regex.) I'll definitely look into Expresso first sometime, though. Thanks again, guys!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2086
Glad I could help.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2087
I've had deejay.de suggested to me as a good source for covers. This is mostly good for Vinyl covers, and has high res front and back images over a wide selection. It also has some CDs, but those aren't generally as good.

If anyone would like to try the script: deejay.boo please let me know how you get on with it.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2088
weird story: Deezer stopped working at some point, then came back and now it doesn't work again..
too bad, it's a great source
any chance of reviving it?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2089
Deezer stopped working

They've changed their API again, thanks for letting me know. I've updated the script: deezer.boo, should be working again. Unfortunately they are no longer providing the link to the album page in the search results (it would require an additional http request per result just to determine what the link was!) so until that information is available again, the little (i) button to show the album page won't be available.

Images work just fine, though.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2090
Hello i decided to join the forums today, I'm seeking help on trying to solve a problem I have encounter while using the Album Art Downloader XUI-0.43.

Every time I open the program it crashes and i get an error code. I was wondering if anyone could help me solve it. I also want to mention that i do not have any problems with older versions of the software except for the latest one. Thank you for the help and have a nice day.

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 0.43.0.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)
  at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.ICustomDestinationList.CommitList()
  at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.JumpList.Refresh()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.TaskbarHelper.CreateApplicationJumpList()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.ProcessCommandArgs(String[] args)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
  at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2091
Every time I open the program it crashes and i get an error code.
That's a weird one. It's claiming not to be able to locate the Album Art Downloader executable when trying to add the jumplist shortcuts to the taskbar button. I don't really know what would cause that, but could you try moving the program folder out of c:\program files (x86) to somewhere else, just to see if that makes a difference? For example, create c:\test\AlbumArtDownloader or similar.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2092
I did what you told me it didn't work.

[same error message as post #2091]

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2093
I did what you told me it didn't work.
OK, well thanks for trying it anyway. I'm afraid I haven't a clue why it can't add the jump list entries on your system, then. All I can do for the next version is have it ignore the problem and simply continue without jump list entries. Until then, please continue to use version 0.42.1 which does not contain the jumplist functionality. The only other feature you are missing by using 0.42.1 instead of 0.43 is progress indication in the taskbar; all the latest scripts will work just as well.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2094
short question...
i searched the wiki as well as the command line help thingie but i didn't find an option to display "Options..." by default instead of hiding it
any way to do this?

btw: when searching "Local Files" AAD seems to perform a case-sensitive search...is this the desired behavior? if so, can this be tuned off?
my bad...it does not...files were not found because of resolution restrictions

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2095
i didn't find an option to display "Options..." by default instead of hiding it
any way to do this?

Sorry, no, I'm afraid that's not currently possible.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2096
well, what a pity...

anyway, thanks for you great piece of software!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2097
a piece of worrying news: DJshop started returning 80x80 images as of today. either it's a temporary glitch or they're doing the same thing iTunes annoyingly did.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2099
DJshop started returning 80x80 images as of today.

Thanks for letting me know. I've updated djshop.boo; it now only gets back 1000x1000 sized covers, but that's better than just the 80x80 thumbnails!

Alex

thanks for quick repairs, Alex!

in the meantime, interesting development: 70x70 iTunes covers apparently reverted back to 600x600... here's hoping they'll be back to 1425x1425 at some point as well