Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Counter (Read 340675 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Counter

Reply #250
Assuming there are no bugs to be fixed in the current version, the next major revision (1.6) will hopefully feature a redesigned GUI, and will automatically switch people over from PLAY_DATE and PLAY_TIME to LAST_PLAYED.  Any other feature requests are welcome.

Play Counter

Reply #251
Any other feature requests are welcome.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297389"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ability to set first played to 05/14/2005

Play Counter

Reply #252
As in custom time stamps?

This might be added to 1.6, or I might remove the ability to do custom time stamps all together.  Be forwarned that using custom time stamps will make your settings incompatible with any public columns_ui FCS.

If you want your date to be displayed somewhere like that, you can use
Code: [Select]
$if(%first_played%,$substr(%first_played%,6,7)/$substr(%first_played%,9,10)/$substr(%first_played%,1,4),Never Played)

Edit: Fixed stupid errors in my code, should work now.

Play Counter

Reply #253
no, you're right. now that i think about it, it would make everything much easier if there is only one standard.

Play Counter

Reply #254
I have to go to work now for a while.  When I return (about 5 hours from time of posting), I will begin working on 1.6.  Depending on the complexities faced, it may be released in the next 24 hours, or it may take a few days.  As I said before, any feature requests or suggestions are seriously considered and welcome.

Play Counter

Reply #255
Is it possible to add a field to the status bar which shows the sum of the playcounts of all marked tracks?

Play Counter

Reply #256
I don't think so.  At least, I don't know how to do it.  I'll look into it.

Play Counter

Reply #257
Any option to disable the new tag?

I only use the play counter, which I love.

Should I stick with the old one?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Play Counter

Reply #258
I've already implemented an option to disable any/all the tags, which will be available in version 1.6 (hopefully to be released very shortly - within an hour or two).

Play Counter

Reply #259
foo_playcount 1.6 (Source & Binary Included)

Version 1.6 (May 14 2005)

1) UI update.

2) Removed ability to have custom timestamping formats.  Everybody now uses LAST_PLAYED and FIRST_PLAYED standards.  Eg. 2005-11-24 16:59:32.  You can use TAGZ to display the information in any order you wish.

3) Removed a lot of code that was no longer neccessary due to the removal of custom timestamping.

4) Cleaned up some code here and there.

5) Made it possible to not write any/all of the tags.

Play Counter

Reply #260
Thank you very much =)

Play Counter

Reply #261
Now that 1.6 is done, I'm open to suggestions for new features as I have no new plans for the next version (other then looking into the status bar option).

Play Counter

Reply #262
1.6.1 will be released shortly changing "LAST_PLAYED" and "FIRST_PLAYED" to "LAST PLAYED" and "FIRST PLAYED" as that is the accepted standard. See here.

Play Counter

Reply #263
foo_playcount 1.6.1 (Source & Binary Included)

1) Minor UI Changes

2) Fixed stupid error.  Changed "LAST_PLAYED" and "FIRST_PLAYED" to "LAST PLAYED" and "FIRST PLAYED". This is the encouraged standard.  See the Encouraged tag standards here.

Four releases in one day may seem a little excessive.  However, this should be the last release for a while (assuming there are no other bugs).

Play Counter

Reply #265
Not according to the wiki.  I don't care, I now preclaim it to be without underscores, but spaces instead.  I argued that it shouldn't use underscores.  Obviously someone changed the wiki so that it didn't use underscores, which confuses the matter.  Because ALBUM ARTIST doesn't use underscores, and the wiki says so, I'm going to leave it as spaces.

Play Counter

Reply #266
I think so too, I always use _ in my tags :S
Much easier if all use that, less confusing.

Play Counter

Reply #267
Well I'm not releasing two versions, so until Lyx gets back from his weekend trip, nothing is going to change, spaces will remain.

Play Counter

Reply #268
Whatever you do, please keep it consistent.

Either Album Artist, First Played, Last Played, and Play Counter
or Album_Artist, First_Played, Last_Played, and Play_Counter.

As you're probably not going to reach a consensus on this topic,
I would still advocate the ability to define your own field names.

Let people decide if they want to break standards, don't enforce them.

Play Counter

Reply #269
I was about to change PLAY_COUNTER to PLAY COUNTER.

If people want to define there own field names, they can take the source and change it.  For the sake of simplicity, my version is going enforce standards.

Play Counter

Reply #271
To enable Lyx's Navigator columns_ui FCS to use LAST PLAYED instead of LAST_PLAYED, overwrite the code in the last played column with the below:
Code: [Select]
// DO NOT change anything here !
// for configuration, see the "Globals"-tab !
// ============================================

// last played
$if(%last played%,
%_standard_color%
$ifgreater(%_days_since_play%,30,$left(%last played%,10),
$ifgreater(%_days_since_play%,1,%_days_since_play%days ago,
$ifgreater(%_days_since_play%,0,yesterday,
%_special_color%' - today - '
)))
$char(9)%_standard_color_low%$substr(%last played%,12,16)
)

Play Counter

Reply #272
we had a standard, now you want to enforce a new one, i don't think that's a good way
..for the sake of simplicity you could have kept things like they were before
why do you want to change things?
the wiki was change by Canar on 8th may, i don't know why he did that

Play Counter

Reply #273
I don't know why Canar changed it, but he did and I agree with him

Play Counter

Reply #274
Thank you for the new release.

Are you considering to release a version thet supports external SQLite databases?