Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DarkOne (Read 211181 times) previous topic - next topic

DarkOne

Reply #25
Hi Tedgo,

Thanks it works now and the new layout looks very promising.
I have one more question. When I sort the panel to Artist / Album / Genre I can not do a search request here. Is there a way that when I type in the artist part the S Foobar automatically jump to the artists which begin with a S ?

Best and many thanks for all your quick replies.

DarkOne

Reply #26
When you sort which panel?
Do you mean the filters or the Album list?
Then it is very easy:
Just right click on "All..." and choose "filter" (in album list) or "search" (in filters).

DarkOne

Reply #27
I have music in the playlist.

Here is a screenshot I took:

DarkOne

Reply #28
Thank you very much for this. It's always great to see fb2k skin development!
I love the layout. Could I request a button to toggle between random/repeat/regular playback? Then I wouldn't have to show/hide my menubars all the time.

Thanks again!

DarkOne

Reply #29
does the album art plugin not play nice with windows 7? I ask this because I tried this theme out and if I clicked (left or right) the album art foobar2000 would crash.

DarkOne

Reply #30
@77Pat
As is can see, there are no images in ELPlaylist and Trackinfo mod as well.
So there must be a problem with your path! Because these two plugins don't have problems with loading images.
And the background of Trackinfo mod is black.
Do you changed it?
Do you have exactly the versions i mentioned in the first post?

Please copy the DarkOne folder EXACTLY to your foobar2000 installation path (should be C:\Program files\foobar2000\) so that the DarkOne folder is a "neighbour" of the components folder and reload the FCL.
The skin is pre-configured to load all images from this place.

@Takaji
I thought about it still, and it would be very easy to implement it with 3 PSS's in a tabbed panel stack mod (for displaying the playback order status) and 3 small additional buttons.
But haven't known where i should place the additional buttons
I think about it again, perhaps i find a solution for v1.4.

@RavenSoft
It is not the album art plugin but the columns ui artwork view panel!
I don't know about windows 7, so you might ask this in the columns ui thread.
But on windows xp there are no problems with it.
Have you tried it in big cover view too?

DarkOne

Reply #31
@Takaji
I made a quick (and maybe dirty) solution for the playback order that i could live with:

How does it look like?

It indicates the actual playback order and switches between Default, Random and Repeat (track) even after restarting foobar2000.

But, if the FCL will be reloaded it indicates "Default", no matter what playback order is actual running...
I haven't found a solution for that (i had to force foobar to only start with the default playback order to come around this problem).

DarkOne

Reply #32
Thank you very much for DarkOne 1.3. I'm wating for 1.4 ! I love you layout !

DarkOne

Reply #33
Thanks

DarkOne

Reply #34
Thank you.  The problem was that I had originally put DarkOne in the folder, but it would not let me choose the flc file to import, so I put the whole original folder in.  It let me select the flc file, but the other parts did not work.  So now I went back and have just the DarkOne file and it works.

DarkOne

Reply #35
Tedgo, your config is the best.

Thank you very much for your work.

DarkOne

Reply #36
I've just downloaded this theme and trying to set it up using the guide.
I face up this point:

Main Splitter
Right-click on the three square buttons above the Playlist Splitter Settings Script → → → PerTrack → //////
Paths ////// → $puts(artist.pic,D:\Eigene Musik\Artist Pictures\$replace(%artist%,/, ,\, ,*, ,?, ,", ,<, ,>, ,|, ,:, ).jpg)
Change the red coloured part to the current path where your artist pictures are stored in.

What if want pictures to be loaded from the album's folder, and not from a global folder?

DarkOne

Reply #37
Is it possible some how to sort album list so the folders-albums will be shown first in the tree and single mp3s last?
Cause right now everything is messed up with my files.

DarkOne

Reply #38
To your first question:
How are your pictures names?
The main string for you is:
$puts(artist.pic,$directory_path(%path%)\$replace(%artist%,/, ,\, ,*, ,?, ,", ,<, ,>, ,|, ,:, ).jpg))
if your artist pictures are named like the artist.

But be aware of:
The invalid characters will all be replaced by space, so AC/DC becomes AC DC!
Your artist picture should then be called AC DC.jpg (or png or whatever) to force DarkOne to find it!

To your second question:
If you've stored all your single mp3 files in one folder you can use:
Right click on "All music" --> choose "view --> by directory structure".

Otherwise you will enter a new view preset with titleformatting.

DarkOne

Reply #39
To your second question:
If you've stored all your single mp3 files in one folder you can use:
Right click on "All music" --> choose "view --> by directory structure".

Otherwise you will enter a new view preset with titleformatting.

I did "All music" --> choose "view --> by directory structure".

my library defined like this:

But the result still the same:

DarkOne

Reply #40
Hi tedgo,
May I ask you a question ?
I am rather new with foobar and skinning etc., but I already made a configuration myself which suits me well for the moment. However in your theme, which is very nice b.t.w. (and in some others as well), I see a display panel (above the peakmeter) with tracknumber, total tracks, bitrate etc. How is that done ? Do I need a particular component for that ?
I would appreciate it very much if you could give me some more information about that. Thanks in advance.
Ton

DarkOne

Reply #41
@yevi
Now i see the point.
You could easily solve this by moving the mp3 folder as subfolder under the albums tree.
Then your single MP3's would be in the album list as one "album".

Would be the easiest way.

Or you have to set a new preset in the album list like this:
Go to the album list panel's preferences page --> click on "New" --> enter a name for your preset and copy to "Value":
$replace($substr(%path%,10,$strrchr(%path%,\)),\,|)[%tracknumber% - ][$upper(%track artist%) - ]%title% - %length%

DarkOne

Reply #42
@ton
The display is made in a panel stack splitter.
It is not an "extra" display plugin or something similar

You can easily copy the content of the display script.
Download my skin --> import the skin (BUT SAVE YOURS FIRST BY EXPORT TO FCL FOR LATER RELOAD!!!) --> Right-click on the display --> Splitter Settings --> and copy the content to clipboard or to a txt-file.
Then, after reloading your own configuration, insert a panel stack splitter, place it where you want it to be placed and insert the copied code .

But you need the DarkOne.ttf installed to display the same font!
(Is included in the download folder)

DarkOne

Reply #43
"new preset" worked perfectly.
A question: is it possible, when this preset selected, to hide the track number?

Another little question: is it possible to "skin" the tabs?

DarkOne

Reply #44
1st question:
Just delete the [%tracknumber% - ] part in the above mentioned string.
But this may cause not sorted tracks in albums in the album list...

2nd question:
No, its currently not possible...
That for they are hidden by default
You can switch between the tabs with the "- Panels +" buttons.

I thought about another solution for the tabs, but that would make it much harder to integrate a new panel in the configuration for the end user...
(i wanted to make textbuttons for each tab, hidden on startup too.)

EDIT: typo

DarkOne

Reply #45
@ton
The display is made in a panel stack splitter.
It is not an "extra" display plugin or something similar

You can easily copy the content of the display script.
Download my skin --> import the skin (BUT SAVE YOURS FIRST BY EXPORT TO FCL FOR LATER RELOAD!!!) --> Right-click on the display --> Splitter Settings --> and copy the content to clipboard or to a txt-file.
Then, after reloading your own configuration, insert a panel stack splitter, place it where you want it to be placed and insert the copied code .

But you need the DarkOne.ttf installed to display the same font!
(Is included in the download folder)

Tedgo, thanks for your very quick reply.
I tried it and although I got it showing up and working, the words and numbers are not displayed correctly. For instance I see "Tot" instead of Total and I don't see the number for the Total tracks. Moreover the height of the numbers is a bit to large. The bottom part is left out. Must have something to do with the font size I think, but I cannot find out where to change it, due to being a newbie I think. Tried it with your configuration and my own b.t.w.
Probably it is a bit too much for me at the moment.

DarkOne

Reply #46

Do you have raised your DPI-settings in windows from the default 96 DPI to 120 due to a high resolution monitor?
Then all fonts will be too big...
The skin is made for the default DPI and doesn't look good on higher ones.
I don't know how i should solve this...

But you can do the following:
Go into the script and search all entries that begins with $font(Arial Black,... and set the size from 5 to 4.
Then search all entries that begins with $font(DarkOne,... and change the size from 14 to 11.
It may still look ugly, but is the only solution that works on DPI higher than 96.

DarkOne

Reply #47

Do you have raised your DPI-settings in windows from the default 96 DPI to 120 due to a high resolution monitor?

Yes, that is what I did. I use my tv as monitor and with 96dpi, it is difficult to read at a distance.
I am gonna try the script changes first. Thanks for your help.

Oh and may be a very dumb question. Does it have any disadvantages to leave all the components that I don't need for my configuration (except for the panel stack splitter of course) but are necessary for importing your skin temporarily ?

DarkOne

Reply #48
It shouldn't decrease performance or something similar if you leave them in the components folder.
Only that foobar perhaps needs a few milliseconds more for initializing

DarkOne

Reply #49
tedgo
I have some requests for you to consider in future release: 
1) volume bar (the buttons are not enough i would like to see volume's position)
2) button to rotate play modes + label or "led" on the left panel near the lossless led (random, repeat ,shuffle and etc)
3) The panel switch buttons: - Panel +, maybe it's better to replace - with arrow <- and +  with arrow ->?
4)Add a tooltip (if it's possible) to every button.

And here a question/request:
Is it possible to set  in ELPlaylist , that if there is only 1 song do not display the header (1 on screenshot) only the song (2 on screenshot)?