Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 724910 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #625
And I was just coming back here to bring up the issue of 7zip version. Kudos.
(LZMA2 is amazing. I've been using it for my site backup archiving ever since 7zip supported it. Compression rates comparable to PPMd and access times comparable to LZMA.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #626
I should mention about that in my post. Please use latest beta version of 7-zip to unpack the archive (9.17 at the moment) or any other compatible archiving utility. Apologies for the inconvenience.

@Zarggg:
Meant no disrespect or finger pointing when added the comment about RapidShare.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #627
Although not so important, I noticed that using the R key for Random doesn't have effect anymore after replacing Milkdrop with v 2.22.

Btw, maybe a stupid question: What does "Random" do
? Is a random preset chosen and is it there all the time until a new preset is chosen ? Or are the presets randomly alternating ?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #628
Is there any way to dock shpeck outside of foobar (while foobar is running)?  Like could I open it in a separate window and drag it around, or leave it sitting in a window on the desktop?
Sorry if this has been brought up already, I don't feel like digging through 26 pages.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #629
Generally yes. Depends on the actual plugin being used and its configuration.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #630
Latest version of MilkDrop 2.22 package for foobar2000 is ready.

Change log (Winamp 5.59 Full Beta 3033):
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] Unicode issues with presets editor (5.58-specific)
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] sprites.ini file lookup fix

Note: Before anybody will complain again - yes, it's on RapidShare. If you have problem with that please feel free to upload it to any other file provider yourself.

Umm.. saw what happened last time but here goes.

My ISP has dynamic IPs. It turns out that whoever last had mine was sending too many requests to Rapid Share. I immediately get a message telling me to come back later with no indication of how long is "later". They also offer the option of buying an account which I really would not like to do since I use Rapid Share just about never.

Is there any other location I can download this from? I'd be happy to upload it to my 4shared account after.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #631
I've uploaded the file on hotfile

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #633
I love having Winamp functionality inside foobar2000, so thanks for making it available!

I'd like to show animated song titles on the Winamp screen with a newline between the artist name and the song title.  I add $crlf() between [%artist%] and [%title] in the Title Formatting/Current Track: field in Shpeck preferences, and when I click in the Current Track: field everything is displayed correctly, but when I start Winamp, the $crlf() is displayed as two rectangles, and there is no line break.  I've tried many fonts, and the rectangles are always there.

I've tried $char(10) also, at the recommendation of another site.  This also displays the newline correctly when clicking in the Current Track: field, but in Winamp displays as a single rectangle with no newline.

Is there a better way to display a newline in Title Formatting?

Thanks!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #634
I've got bukem's milkdrop2 files and it works in full screen mode like I wanted, but only one preset runs and I have to use the L mode to change the preset manually. I can't get it to run random mode and automatically cycle through all the other presets.

TIA

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #635
Hi! I'm trying to find a way to disable Windows 7 screensaver kicking in while Shpeck is doing its magic with Milkdrop.

It kinda defies the purpose if a screensaver starts even while running Shpeck in fullscreen, doesn't it?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #636
I've got bukem's milkdrop2 files and it works in full screen mode like I wanted, but only one preset runs and I have to use the L mode to change the preset manually. I can't get it to run random mode and automatically cycle through all the other presets.

TIA

I guess the presets cycling is locked. You can check it by pressing L and then see if there's <locked> message by the preset name. Press scroll-lock to lock/unlock presets cycling. Press F1 to get Milkdrop2 help.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #637
I just want to report that since foobar2000-1.1.1, shpeck-0.3.7 won't work to display %listening_now% for Digsby (build 29036)... revert to fb2k-1.1 and working again!

Didn't do any troubleshoot, quite frankly wouldn't know what to look for, but if I could help in some way, just PM me!
[^]
___
ion][reflex
[reflexion]

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #638
Best thing I've ever seen, Milkdrop in a tab in foobar2000 with alt+tab to fullscreen.
Thanks for everyones hard work!!!!

This officially makes foobar2000 better than any other music player out there.

Now we just need foobar2000 fully remote controllable and started from a windows media center menu item

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #639
First off, many thanks for this plugin. It's really great.

Today milkdrop crashed for me and since I have VS2010 installed it asked me if I wanted to debug. For fun I took a look at the stacktrace and then closed visual studio. To my surprise foobar did not close and I could use it normally (altough I had to restart foobar before I could use milkdrop again).

This is a bit interesting, couldn't the plugin use the same mechanisms and isolate the crash to the plugin thus not allowing the winamp plugins to compromise the stability of foobar?

Just a thought, I did not even know programs could continue to function properly when a hardware exception was thrown..

Edit: typo.
I just like listening to music

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #640
MilkDrop 2.23 package for foobar2000 is ready.

Changelog (Winamp 5.6.0.3080):
Fixed: [vis_milk2] Some presets not loading under locales other than English

Download link 1 (RS)
Download link 2 (HF)

Please use latest 7zip (7.20) or compatible for extraction

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #641
Milkdrop always starts with the same visualization. It's random after that but is anyone else having the same issue? I couldn't find any options in the settings dialog that might change this.

Other than that GREAT WORK EVERYONE THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #642
Today Avast Antivirus vaulted my foo_vis_shpeck.dll and told me it was a generic trojan! I tried downloading it again, but this was also denied by Avast. When i started foobar it actually notified me that the component had been disabled because of a virus (impressive).

What will happen now??

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #643
Today Avast Antivirus vaulted my foo_vis_shpeck.dll and told me it was a generic trojan!

I am sure that this is a false alarm. Sometimes Anti-virus programs cry wolf only because a certain packer has been used.

VirusTotal says 0 malware in an actual analysis.

Update your Avast and then try again.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #644
I have Updated Avast but arhiv with foo_vis_shpeck.dll can't open. Arhiv is damage!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #645
I have Updated Avast but arhiv with foo_vis_shpeck.dll can't open. Arhiv is damage!

Either the archive has been damaged on your hard drive or your download has been uncomplete. The Windows Explorer file properties dialog should show -> Size: 124.084 bytes / Size on disk: 126.976 bytes (on a NTFS formatted data storage medium).

Re-downloading the zip file should solve your problem.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #646
I've never used Avast, but I'm sure it has some type of whitelisting functionality.  You should add the archive/plugin to the whitelist to prevent any more problems.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #647
Now file arhiv with foo_vis_shpeck.dll loaded me in Moscow OK.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #648
I can't get this component to find milkdrop 2, I am definitely pointing to the right directory (had to switch to x86) the plugins are there... but they will not show up in foobar

anyone have anyidea whats goin on?

Edit: figured it out by downloading a bunch of complete packages until one of them worked

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #649
How do you get this to work? I've put foo_vis_shpeck.dll in the Plugins-folder. Shpeck appears in foobar Preferences. But I don't get anything to show under Available plugins... I've placed a WinAmp installetion .exe under C:\Programs, is this not how you are supposed to do?