Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 724916 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #800
Hi, I made an account to reply to this thread.

I was also having issues with running milkdrop through shpeck on Windows 10 Pro x64, getting crashes after clicking the Configure button in Shpeck's Preferences.
It's working now, and the issue appeared to be the install location. Try changing the directory from the %appdata% subdirectory, as recommended by most guides, to another folder (e.g. Program Files x86/foobar2000/winamp).

Since Viktor's guide is 404'd at the time of posting, I recommend following this guide. It has the relevant links for the latest milkdrop package too.

http://vault-tec.info/post/51743506694/mil...00-on-windows-8

I did not get the errors the author got in his guide. In any case, I think this will solve the issue for a lot of people.

Also, I installed the DirectX 9.0c runtime I acquired from filehippo, but I'm not sure if that's needed.

Good luck and enjoy them pretty colours.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #801
Guys, what other high-q/high-res visualizers out there but MilkDrop? I mean high-quality ones, not the basic ones.

PS. I believe that this info should also be in the head post.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #802
I gathered some archives from this milkdrop contest thread on winamp forum and put everything into a single archive. Some of the presets are nice and quite original, but most of them are variations. The ones that seemed nice to me I copied and added exclamation mark to their names.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #803
Hello,
I have just finished installing shpeck and Milkdrop2 after upgrade to Windows 10 Home x64.
My experience:
1. You definitely need DirectX 9.0c runtime. Milkdrop was not starting without it and clicking configure button caused foobar2000 to crash. I got it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...ls.aspx?id=8109
2. I have placed foo_vis_shpeck.dll in the components folder.
3. I have placed milkdrop package downloaded from http://files.ilab.me/bin/foobar2000/milkdrop2.24_win5623.zip straight into foobar2000 directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000), just like momothewizard. You need winamp.exe file (it can be just a text file, only the file name is important) in this folder so shpeck can identify it as the one with visualization plugins.
During the process I had to restart system and foobar few times but now everything is working like a charm.
Thanks and good luck!

Re: foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #804
I was wondering about  stereoscopic 3D mode which is hidden in milkdrop 2 dialog settings, unlike milkdrop 1 (i.e.: https://github.com/Doormatty/MilkDrop2/blob/master/vis_milk2/plugin.rc#L81) but can be apparently set manually in initialization file:

Code: [Select]
bAlways3D=1
nLeftEye3DColorR=0
nLeftEye3DColorG=255
nLeftEye3DColorB=255
nRightEye3DColorR=255
nRightEye3DColorG=0
nRightEye3DColorB=0

Still I don't see any change in rendering, while I would expect anaglyphic 3D effect.

Does anyone have experience with this, or some hints?

Reply #805
Experimenting with AVS Alpha Bending option , created a functional layout with a AVS visualization background.

https://youtu.be/Q5KqC0EzbMY

My problem is that the slider for the amount resets itself to 50% on every foobar2000 restart, and I cannot find an entry in winamp.ini [AVS] section that controls it.

Any help appreciated.
or any advice if such option in milkdrop2 exists.

Reply #806
Edit: And of course after I necro it decides to work. If I could delete this, I would. I'm sorry.

Reply #807
I found that, when you load the winamp directory into foobar's program directory, you cannot save changes in the settings. Placing the winamp in a writable location, I used my user directory, the setting changes stick.

That is handy for setting the frame rate to unlimited. :) As well as other visual settings. :)

It's good to have shpeck back again. :D

Reply #808
Hi, I made an account to reply to this thread.

I was also having issues with running milkdrop through shpeck on Windows 10 Pro x64, getting crashes after clicking the Configure button in Shpeck's Preferences.
It's working now, and the issue appeared to be the install location. Try changing the directory from the %appdata% subdirectory, as recommended by most guides, to another folder (e.g. Program Files x86/foobar2000/winamp).

Since Viktor's guide is 404'd at the time of posting, I recommend following this guide. It has the relevant links for the latest milkdrop package too.

http://vault-tec.info/post/51743506694/mil...00-on-windows-8

I did not get the errors the author got in his guide. In any case, I think this will solve the issue for a lot of people.

Also, I installed the DirectX 9.0c runtime I acquired from filehippo, but I'm not sure if that's needed.

Good luck and enjoy them pretty colours.

Ugh, I messed up and forgot to copy my Foobar install before I wiped and re-installed 10 on this newly built PC I have. I have done everything here, and MilkDrop runs, but it crashes Foobar when I hit configure. Doesn't matter where I stick the winamp dir. FML

Reply #809
I found that, when you load the winamp directory into foobar's program directory, you cannot save changes in the settings. Placing the winamp in a writable location, I used my user directory, the setting changes stick.

You just have to right-click foobar exe and run as an administrator for the changes to stick. So you just have to do it once when setting it up.

Reply #810

You just have to right-click foobar exe and run as an administrator for the changes to stick. So you just have to do it once when setting it up.
Registry Key to Disable UAC

Reply #811

Registry Key to Disable UAC

No. Just no.

Reply #812
Alloha

Reply #813
Hello,

I used the manifest hack on the MilkDrop 2.25c DLL but it crashes when I try to configure it. Is there any way to fix it or is it impossible?

Thanks!

Reply #814
I've been successfully using Milkdrop in FB2k with Shpeck for years, full screen or windowed. However, I've recently started experimenting with "Layout Editing Mode" in FB2k, and when I split a panel and add the Shpeck component, then right-click, Autostart Milkdrop, Milkdrop opens in its own window and the panel window stays blank with [SHPECK] in bold letters.

How do I get Milkdrop to run in the panel connected to the rest of the main GUI, and not in its own window?

Thanks in advance!

Reply #816
Hello,

I used the manifest hack on the MilkDrop 2.25c DLL but it crashes when I try to configure it. Is there any way to fix it or is it impossible?

Thanks!
Same here. The issue boils down to "vis_milk2.dll". Some versions threw an error when clicking "Refresh". Others, managed to refresh successfully and displayed the "Milkdrop 2.25c" option, but crashed upon hitting "Configure". Haven't compiled my own because stupid/lazy.

Reply #817
I've attached the vis_milk2.dll file that works with F2K and the recent versions of milkdrop. No more errors of crashing.

Reply #818

That is handy for setting the frame rate to unlimited. :) As well as other visual settings. :)

It's good to have shpeck back again. :D
Thank you so much for these tips, guys!  :D  ;)

Reply #819
I've attached the vis_milk2.dll file that works with F2K and the recent versions of milkdrop. No more errors of crashing.
Excuse me buddy, but where do i put this "dll" file, please?

Reply #820
Does shpeck and foobar work with the latest projectM? I was always impressed with projectm when I used linux and clementine. Milkdrop just doesn't do it for me.

I successfully compiled projectM with Visual Studio and it dumped it as an .exe. The actual program works fine. But I want it in foobar. The only dll files I got was like SDL.dll and that didn't work. Shpeck doesn't pick it up. I even tried to configure msvc to build the program as a dynamic library, but I don't know, it didn't give me any good files then too. Anybody has done this before or knows what to do? Awesome

Reply #822
I also get the Shpeck "Failed to Initialize DirectX 9.0 or Later" error. But I have DirectX 12 on Windows 10.
I ran DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag). No problems found.

Did someone find an answer?

Reply #823
I'm having an issue with Shpeck. It runs fine (with Milkdrop selected) but when I go into fullscreen (which is on another monitor) I can't click on foobar2000, it just ends up selecting other windows or not doing anything and ignoring the cursor. Doesn't fix until I reset foobar2000, even if I take Shpeck out of fullscreen. This is Shpeck 0.3.7 in foobar2000 v1.5.4. Any idea of a fix?

Reply #824
This is maybe a long shot, but I'm going to try anyway, sorry for the necrobump.
WACUP (1.7.15.12686) has a Milkdrop "2.34.3" Version, I tried to do a Manifest Hack, but the dll still didn't show up in Foobar and Shpeck. I don't know if there were any improvements in this Milkdrop Version, but if anyone wants to try to get it running under Foobar, have fun. I attached the fully installed Program and the AppData Roaming Path. I hope this is enough.

https://anonfiles.com/a56eJ55cy5/