Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491523 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1050
5. Is it possible to limit the number of visualization lines in the activity panel? (or set constant number of lines).
For example by select: no more than one or two; or only for audio or only for video; or not limited as it is now by default.
This is useful when limiting height screen size (see pic. Activity.jpg).

Reply #1051
I see the status of VSFilter is not found even when I have it installed correctly if Subtitles is disabled

Reply #1052
Just tried "foo_youtube_3.0_beta4", and it seems to work well. No disappearing songs from the media library. Thanks for the fix, and for the great component @3dyd .

Reply #1053
@tt-1995
This happens because it relies on 'visibility change' callback and DUI does not send it to UIE being added. Video UIE should be there at next program run. You also can enforce visibility change callback by minimizing and restoring foobar2000 main window.

Thanks, visualization works great after restarting application (visualization now runs within a tab).

Reply #1054
Could you make Log to show at the end of it just like foobar2000's Console right from when we open it? thanks

Reply #1055
@TheQwertiest
Yes, it seems to be caused by unsynchronized initialization of block scope variable with static storage duration. I forgot that synchronization is disabled in the project. If I am right, it should be fixed in beta4.
Yep, beta4 fixed those crashes, thanks! =)

PS: Condolences on having to supporting Window XP...

Reply #1056
1. Is the value "(seconds)" correct at Decoding settings menu?
Yes. Cache entry is treated as expired after number of seconds specified there.

2. Pressing the up arrow decreases the value and the set value is not saved. So it should be? (See pic. settings.jpg)
Fixed in beta5.

3. Option "Break long menu by screen height" would also be useful for the subtitle language selection menu.
That menu does not fit on the screen in your case?

4. What values can be entered in the "Play content types" field in advanced settings?
These "play" options are obsolete. Removed in beta5. "non-fs extensions" option is a workaround for foobar2000 SDK corner case (it tries to open album art like https://www.youtube.com/front.jpg and fails with "unsupported format or corrupted file" error). AFAIK there was never a need to edit this setting so it is now hard-coded.

5. Is it possible to limit the number of visualization lines in the activity panel? (or set constant number of lines).
For example by select: no more than one or two; or only for audio or only for video; or not limited as it is now by default.
No. This is technical UI and it displays all opened connections.

I see the status of VSFilter is not found even when I have it installed correctly if Subtitles is disabled
For now adjusted it to display nothing in "Found" column if subtitles are disabled. Later it is probably better to remove separate "Enable subtitles" checkbox and add "None" source for VSFitler.

Could you make Log to show at the end of it just like foobar2000's Console right from when we open it? thanks
Fixed in beta5.

Reply #1057
[beta 5] removed obsolete options from Advanced preferences tree. There are no Youtube Source group now
A bit sad for this, I just found by filling "Play extensions", it could behave like DirectShow input, which accept any format that can be decoded by LAV Filters. But I understand your decision :)
Thanks for the bug fix.

Reply #1058
3. Option "Break long menu by screen height" would also be useful for the subtitle language selection menu.
That menu does not fit on the screen in your case?
3dyd,
I had case when that menu did not fit on the screen. But now I didn’t find this clip to be sure.
I think it is necessary to continue testing to make sure.
Thanks!

Reply #1059
It seems that some youtu.be short URLs aren't being processed by the component properly, even with process unknown URLs checked, example: http://youtu.be/b0gyQMJHQ78.

Reply #1060
Thanks for noticing. It should be fixed in beta6.

Reply #1061
Everything works fine here (b5).
A small issue I found is that the Status button on Maintenance tab reports it cant parse the version  number of youtube-dl.

It does work(I checked),  it just cant parse version number. Youtube-dl is installed via pip, python/scripts in my user PATH var, in foo_youtube I have selected as source for youtube-dl as 'system'.

Reply #1062
Another bug I noticed, it seems that channel playlists are not recognized under auto updated playlists. I have to use the uploads playlist to get the channel to appear there, rather than just the channel playlist on its own.

Reply #1063
the Status button on Maintenance tab reports it cant parse the version  number of youtube-dl.
Inability to get version number is an error only for 'Managed' source. For other ones it does not actually make any difference. And in case of pip-installed youtube-dl this is expected behavior. I will lower log level for this message for non-managed sources so it won't appear in Console unless you select more verbose log level than the default one. Report from Status button will retain it - as to me, it is better to leave this one as is.

it seems that channel playlists are not recognized under auto updated playlists
I suppose what you are talking about is actually a channel, not channel playlist. 3.0 got separate track type for channels. More info is here: Exploring Youtube channels. And since 'auto-updated playlists' feature works with playlists, you need to get some from the channel (either uploads playlist or real playlists that channel contains).

Reply #1064
Although I understand search isn't quite finished, when you set duration search doesn't query at all.

and 2 minor ideas:
-In "Search on site" window, maybe should always focus on searchbox when opened?
-An option to append the query string  when you have selected playlist name as destination in search. (or if just the playlist name contains %s, it should make the substitution automatically)

Thank you for your work on this

Reply #1065
And some news. I am finishing 3.0 and hope initial beta will be released to the end of this month. 2.x will receive only emergency or trivial updates until 3.0 stable is released.

I'm facing some intermittent stucks
I was able to reproduce this before, but now it works fine with seemingly the same component and foobar2000. My guess - it is related to connections negotiation (HLS playback performs new request every few seconds).

That time when I had intermittent stucks via foo_youtube downloader + ffmpeg decoder, if HLS download and decoding was handled entirely by ffmpeg (possible only in 3.0), ffmpeg from LAV Filters (uses Schannel https backend) was entirely unusable (long delays) when Zeranoe build (built with GnuTLS https backend) worked fine.

Anyway, if it is still a problem for you, there is a chance it is gone in 3.0 when using Zeranoe ffmpeg build.

Just to give a feedback, the stuck problem is gone with decoder setting (Foobar2000 > foo_youtube > ffmpeg).
With decoder setting (foo_youtube > ffmpeg > foobar2000) it seems to be fine, but I didn't test enough time to confirm that.
The other decoder setting (ffmpeg > foo_youtube > foobar2000) plays for 3 seconds and stucks. Not an intermittent one, it just stucks at 3 seconds.

Thank you for this great update, now I'm able to hear youtube radio stations!

Reply #1066
when you set duration search doesn't query at all.
Fixed in beta7.

In "Search on site" window, maybe should always focus on searchbox when opened?
I had complains on both ways in the past, the current one and the one that you suggest. So it was made configurable. In 2.x it is part of search config menu. In 3.0 it was moved out of this menu (since it has nothing with actual search) and now resides in system menu -> "Initial focus to search box".

An option to append the query string  when you have selected playlist name as destination in search.
Sounds good. Added support for %search_query% field. And now component uses titleformatting when constructing names for specific playlists.

Just to give a feedback, the stuck problem is gone with decoder setting (Foobar2000 > foo_youtube > ffmpeg).
Glad to hear that. I guess you have some decoder that can handle HLS streams (maybe foo_input_ffmpeg with proper ffmpeg.exe). Alternative way is to use 'External' source in 'Maintenance -> Third-party binaries -> ffmpeg', select up to date build from Zeranoe, and choose decoder setting starting with 'ffmpeg >'.

Reply #1067
Glad to hear that. I guess you have some decoder that can handle HLS streams (maybe foo_input_ffmpeg with proper ffmpeg.exe). Alternative way is to use 'External' source in 'Maintenance -> Third-party binaries -> ffmpeg', select up to date build from Zeranoe, and choose decoder setting starting with 'ffmpeg >'.

I downloaded Zeranoe's binaries but I'm getting a hard time to make foo_youtube recognize it. I unzipped everything at "C:\ffmpeg", registered at system variables (I'm able to access ffmpeg without having to write the entire path for the .exe through cmd). When I'm in foo_youtube panel in 'Maintenance -> Third-party binaries -> ffmpeg', I select External and point it to "C:\ffmpeg\bin". Foo_youtube doesn't finds ffmpeg. Am I doing it right?

Thank you for your support.

Reply #1068
Are you using the 32-bit shared version? The component requires that.

Reply #1069
Are you using the 32-bit shared version? The component requires that.

You got it! I downloaded the static version, changing it with the shared one worked tip top. Thank you very much!

Reply #1070
Hello.

With the official version you can view the live streaming of a radio that also broadcasts as a TV channel.

In the beta version, I can't do that.

I have to set something different or still has not been implemented in the beta version.

Thank you

A video can do better understand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMqvaErjak

The skin is not found is my change of DarkOne

Reply #1071
Good news. A week ago LAV Filters changed TLS backend from Schannel to GnuTLS and that drastically improved live video playback. So everyone interested in live video playback is encouraged to update LAV Filters to 0.73.1-28 or above (LAV Filters Nightly Builds).

@ApacheReal
It is hard to say anything without the log and your settings. You can use menu Help -> Youtube Source -> Report a problem, and additionally copy Console output after component fails to start playback.

Reply #1072
Good news. A week ago LAV Filters changed TLS backend from Schannel to GnuTLS and that drastically improved live video playback. So everyone interested in live video playback is encouraged to update LAV Filters to 0.73.1-28 or above (LAV Filters Nightly Builds).

@ApacheReal
It is hard to say anything without the log and your settings. You can use menu Help -> Youtube Source -> Report a problem, and additionally copy Console output after component fails to start playback.

Log console:

Launching ffprobe:
foobar2000\ffmpeg\bin\ffprobe.exe" -of xml -show_format -show_streams -show_chapters -hide_banner "https://capital_tv-lh.akamaihd.net/i/CapitalTv_1@183098/index_5_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on"
........   metadb.RawPath   ERROR
Launching ffmpeg:
foobar2000\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "https://capital_tv-lh.akamaihd.net/i/CapitalTv_1@183098/index_5_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on" -map 0:1 -f w64 -acodec pcm_f32le -
........   metadb.RawPath   ERROR

Launching ffprobe:
foobar2000\ffmpeg\bin\ffprobe.exe" -of xml -show_format -show_streams -show_chapters -hide_banner "https://capital_tv-lh.akamaihd.net/i/CapitalTv_1@183098/index_5_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on"
Launching ffmpeg:
foobar2000\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "https://capital_tv-lh.akamaihd.net/i/CapitalTv_1@183098/index_5_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on" -map 0:1 -f w64 -acodec pcm_f32le -

Setting:

https://ibb.co/YdbzQrq
https://ibb.co/khytZXH

Reply #1073
Audio Playback quality rule test show something like image on attachment, seems happened on local files

Reply #1074
foobar 1.4.3 crashes on youtube videos.
Youtube Source 3.0 beta 7, Windows XP sp3
----
reported on fy.3dyd.com w/o foobar dump files
QC, QA