Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491557 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1000
Hi, this is regarding  foo_acfu, I added acfu and discord rich presence as sources (check mark beside the name) when I check for update I get

The following errors occurred during the checking for updates:

Auto Check for Updates: Network authentication error (80090302)

Discord Rich Presense: Network authentication error (80090302)

with an error "The following fatal alert was received: 70." in Event Viewer.

googling found the error is

TLS1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION 70      SEC_E_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION 0x80090302

from: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/secauthn/schannel-error-codes-for-tls-and-ssl-alerts

So any ideas?

Reply #1003
@wuxakpll : most likely it's a problem of missing TLS 1.2 (Windows 7 is using outdated and insecure TLS 1.0 by default).
You can try the following guide on how to enable TLS 1.2 in Windows 7: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi

Note: apply EasyFix provided in the guide before applying the required update.

Reply #1004
Thanks for the article, I already had that update, using the Easy fix didn't fix it, but enabling TLS 1.1 and 1.2 on Windows 7 at the SChannel component level did.

Adding those 2 registry keys did it
For TLS 1.1
Registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1\Client
DWORD name: DisabledByDefault
DWORD value: 0

For TLS 1.2
Registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client 
DWORD name: DisabledByDefault
DWORD value: 0

Thanks again.

Reply #1005
Dear 3dyd,
found issues with the Youtube view count in WilBs You Tube Track Manager (YTTM), which is using foo_youtube, see the posts here.
I appears that the Youtube view count often is not available when loading a Youtube track vie YTTM.
When loading a track via foo_youtube, this issue does not appear, view count is always available.
WilB suggested to contact you as he assumes the issues lies within foo_youtube (see here).
Any idea on how to fix this?

Reply #1006
I had been looking for a way to have the Youtube songs included in the media library, because that didn't happen when you added them through the menu. I recently found out that the Youtube component saves the Youtube link and metadata for the indidual songs as  ".FOO_YOUTUBE" files in the "%AppData%\foobar2000\foo_youtube\cache\meta" directory.
To experiment, i tried to copy one of those files into a folder monitored by the media library, and indeed, it seems to recognise them as a song like any other, with the Codec: FOO_YOUTUBE. That's practical, because that makes it possible to tag and use them in autoplaylists and generally, treat them like any other local song.
The only thing there is, which isn't much of an inconvenience anyway, is that Foobar2000 doesn't register the file type as an openable file. Even though it does open them, when you drag them into the window.

Reply #1007
@3dyd : I think I've found a bug (not sure if it caused by your component specifically):
1. I have a YT track in a playlist which no longer available on YT (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms-uKIw1rJs).
2. I'm trying to fetch art via `album_art_manager_v2::get()->open(handleToNonExistentYtTrack, artTypeGuid, abortCallback)`
3. This function blocks indefinitely somewhere in `foo_youtube.dll`. It also blocks all subsequent calls to `album_art_manager_v2::get()->open` even for valid items.

PS: I'm using the latest beta, but the problem is reproducible on the latest stable as well.

Reply #1008
Hello. I'm trying to use this component to add youtube stations (live audio like this www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SakCDX_fGA), but I'm facing some intermittent stucks (the audio stops for a short time and then resumes). Is there some known bug for that or perhaps the component is not meant to work properly with live stations? Thank you for your attention and I'm really sorry for bad english.

Peace!

EDIT:

I forgot to say that there are absolutely no stucks when playing audio that is not live. I believe that if it was possible to delay and cache 3 seconds audio or something like that the problem would be solved. But I'm not a developer, don't know if what I'm suggesting here is even possible nor how complex would it be do such a thing. It's just something that came to mind. Thank you again!

Reply #1009
Does anyone know if there's something similar to foo_youtube for Android?
I mean, I'd like to use youtube to play music that I want on any Android audio player.
I know there are apps to search and download content from youtube such as NewPipe. I could run a search for 'bryan adams full album' and have download a big ~60 minutes mp4 file.
But then how would I cut the mp4 file exactly in the place where one song ends and the next song begins? And how would I rename the resulting files with the name of the artist and the name of the song?
The focus is to keep myself free of spotify and other cloud music suppliers.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Reply #1010
I'm unable play live streams since yesterday:
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: This video is unavailable. | Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL)
Anyone have the same issue?

Reply #1011
I'm unable play live streams since yesterday:
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: This video is unavailable. | Page analysis, no video found on Youtube URL)
Anyone have the same issue?

Same issue here.  :'(

Reply #1012
::

Workin' flawless here.

::

Reply #1013
Thanks for noticing. Problem when component fails to play live streams should be fixed in latest beta.

Reply #1014
And some news. I am finishing 3.0 and hope initial beta will be released to the end of this month. 2.x will receive only emergency or trivial updates until 3.0 stable is released.

Is there a way to make the plugin accept *.avs files?
There is no way in 2.x. 3.0 can do that.

@3dyd: is it possible to add `url+time` element to the context menu?
2.x can open URL in browser at current time. 3.0 also got context menu item 'Copy URL at current time'.

I appears that the Youtube view count often is not available when loading a Youtube track vie YTTM.
When loading a track via foo_youtube, this issue does not appear, view count is always available.
This might be unrelated since you say you have success via foo_youtube, but currently for some videos component fails to get view count due to change on the site (not sure when this started). Fixed in latest beta.

Also note that by design component does not perform analysis of track with overridden meta at the time when track gets added to foobar2000 playlist (not to slow down adding process). I.e. after such track is just added, it does not have any properties like view count unless these properties were provided via properties overriding or track was analyzed before and view count already existed in the cache.

The only thing there is, which isn't much of an inconvenience anyway, is that Foobar2000 doesn't register the file type as an openable file.
3.0 has this possibility.

This function blocks indefinitely somewhere in `foo_youtube.dll`.
Cannot reproduce. Component's log might have some clues (and they might be better with log context menu 'core -> trace').

I'm facing some intermittent stucks
I was able to reproduce this before, but now it works fine with seemingly the same component and foobar2000. My guess - it is related to connections negotiation (HLS playback performs new request every few seconds).

That time when I had intermittent stucks via foo_youtube downloader + ffmpeg decoder, if HLS download and decoding was handled entirely by ffmpeg (possible only in 3.0), ffmpeg from LAV Filters (uses Schannel https backend) was entirely unusable (long delays) when Zeranoe build (built with GnuTLS https backend) worked fine.

Anyway, if it is still a problem for you, there is a chance it is gone in 3.0 when using Zeranoe ffmpeg build.

Reply #1015
This might be unrelated since you say you have success via foo_youtube, but currently for some videos component fails to get view count due to change on the site (not sure when this started). Fixed in latest beta.
Solved with 2.3.5 beta 2. Thanks very much!!!

Reply #1016
Hi there!
@3dyd, thank you for the good news!
Waiting for the new version of your component. Good luck and inspiration!

Reply #1017
Cannot reproduce. Component's log might have some clues (and they might be better with log context menu 'core -> trace').
Neither can I anymore... Perhaps smth has changed on YT side.
I'll post logs if/when the bug emerges again.

PS: For some reason I can't update LAV filters and VSFIlter anymore through foo_youtube: `Check for updates` and `Download` both result in `Feature not implemented` message.
PPS: Can't wait for v3 :D

Reply #1018
Thanks for noticing. Problem when component fails to play live streams should be fixed in latest beta.

Thank you for the quick fix!

This isn't a problem for me, but just want to report that it takes 2.3.5_beta2 about 2 minutes to start a new live stream. Stop and restarting the stream is quicker but still takes 10-20 seconds

Reply #1019
For some reason I can't update LAV filters and VSFIlter anymore through foo_youtube: `Check for updates` and `Download` both result in `Feature not implemented` message.
Thank you. Should be fixed now in beta3.

@charlie_su1986
Could you check if 2.3.4 takes the same time to start? Because for me it takes not that much time, and changes in 2.3.5 are not supposed to affect this.

Reply #1021
@3dyd
Well 2.3.4 doesn't work with live streams anymore, so now I can't check again.  When I was using versions <=2.3.4, and I use it daily, live streams would start in a few seconds.

I've tried all 3 options under the "media downloading" setting they don't seem to make any difference.  I tried playing the same stream in foobar and youtube side by side, foobar only lags behind youtube maybe 5-10 seconds, so you can rule out it buffering 2 minutes worth of audio. May be issue with establishing connections?

By the way, normal non-live streams starts quickly, no problems here.

@Slender
confirmed, unable to open that video.

Reply #1022
Thanks for notification. #403 error should be fixed in latest beta.

@charlie_su1986
Indeed, older version cannot be tested. Ok then, since playback works somehow, let's postpone investigation to 3.0 release. It has more options to try.

Reply #1023
Tried a few videos which gave #403 in beta 3 and they play fine now. Cheers..

Reply #1024
And some news. I am finishing 3.0 and hope initial beta will be released to the end of this month. 2.x will receive only emergency or trivial updates until 3.0 stable is released.

I'm facing some intermittent stucks
I was able to reproduce this before, but now it works fine with seemingly the same component and foobar2000. My guess - it is related to connections negotiation (HLS playback performs new request every few seconds).

That time when I had intermittent stucks via foo_youtube downloader + ffmpeg decoder, if HLS download and decoding was handled entirely by ffmpeg (possible only in 3.0), ffmpeg from LAV Filters (uses Schannel https backend) was entirely unusable (long delays) when Zeranoe build (built with GnuTLS https backend) worked fine.

Anyway, if it is still a problem for you, there is a chance it is gone in 3.0 when using Zeranoe ffmpeg build.

Thanks for your reply. Anxiously waiting for the 3.0 version!