Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Three Noobie Q's =( (Read 2661 times) previous topic - next topic

Three Noobie Q's =(

Hey all, I had 3 questions some one might be able to help me with. Please bare with me, it might sound really really redicilous to you

1. I'd like to know how to get a normal showing title in me foobar.

With normal being just %t instead of %tn, %t, % and all that.
See below for pictures.

Pic 1

(Yes it says hilary duff... )

Pic 2

I did a search and read the wiki and tried alot of different string, (%title%, $char(32)
$if2(%title%,%_filename%), (%title%,%_filename%) etc) but seeing I don't have any knowledge on this I couldn't find the right one? .

2. Another thing I hate is I don't see artist, track etc under default (above the actualy values), any ideas on how come?

3. As you can see on the picture the 'Soil - Redefine' album doesn't have proper years etc listen even tho I tagged them EXACTLY the same way as the other albums, did double and triple checks. I use Mp3tag which uses "ID3v2 (ID3v1 ID3v2 APEv2)" according to it's properties.

Again, I tried to search for the answer for several hours (I'm kind of a newbie with this stuff so yeah it took me ages...) and still couldn't come up with anything. If it happened to be I asked something really obviously maybe some one could give me a helping hand in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.. And I gotta say, the things I saw so far I gotta conclude this player really kicks ass

PS. Yea I know alot of the things really look gay and ugly and sucky but whadda ya want, been trying out foobar for less then 2 days now

Three Noobie Q's =(

Reply #1
would you post your .fcs?  I would like to know what code you actually have for the track title (so I or someone quicker than I can try to explain it).

Three Noobie Q's =(

Reply #2
from Pic 1 it seems like your files don't have TITLE tag. I saw it from window title and trackinfo too.

I'd like to know how those files are tagged... properties screenshot etc.

Three Noobie Q's =(

Reply #3
@RevivalOfHonor
I use Brumel's .fcs
Here

@miscellanea
Hope it shows enough info

edit:
Oke so the exact problem is the following:

When in playlist view you see this tab 'Default' (you can see it in one of my screenshots), when you right click on that and choose properties it takes you to the properties off all the songs. There you can choose between Artist, Title, Album etc.

I think I need a variable to put in the title box that comes up so that automaticly uses the original names for every song. I can manually change them all (i.e change song#1 to Pride, #2 to Bla, #3 to BlaBla etc) but that takes ages, so if anyone knows 1 command that could change  them all at once to the right name I'd appreciate it :-)

Three Noobie Q's =(

Reply #4
Hope it shows enough info
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=357021"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm seems like files are tagged properly (at least in mp3tag)... once again, how about foobar2000's properties?

Three Noobie Q's =(

Reply #5
I don't know too much about mp3tag besides the fact that you have an older version (the new version is 2.35), but what's worrying me is the fact that mp3tag says you have all three tag types (ID3v1, ID3v2, and APEv2) on that file.  If that's the case, then foobar2000 is probably not reacting well to seeing both ID3v2 and APEv2.  Change your mp3tag settings so that you either write to ID3v1 and ID3v2 or ID3v1 and APEv2.

I don't really want to tell you which to use, since that should be your preference.  Quite a few people who are active here swear by APEv2 (better ReplayGain support, multivalue tags, etc...).

This thread goes into a bit of detail of the pros and cons of APEv2 and ID3v2.

Edit: You may want to do quite a bit of searching ofr APEv2 in this forum.