Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replacement for Shure E2C IEMs (Read 2505 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacement for Shure E2C IEMs

My Shure E2C in-ear phones have finally bitten the dust, after more than 10 years.
I've been happy with them, and am asking here for recommendations for a suitable replacement.

The Shure SE215 appears to be the current equivalent, and I like the idea of a replaceable cable, as it is the cable on my E2Cs that has failed. But before I buy a pair, just wanted to check here in case there are better alternatives.

Re: Replacement for Shure E2C IEMs

Reply #1
My Shure E2C in-ear phones have finally bitten the dust, after more than 10 years.
I've been happy with them, and am asking here for recommendations for a suitable replacement.

The Shure SE215 appears to be the current equivalent, and I like the idea of a replaceable cable, as it is the cable on my E2Cs that has failed. But before I buy a pair, just wanted to check here in case there are better alternatives.
Shure do unlimited warranty on the higher-end stuff but I don't think it applies to E2Cs and they would, undoubtedly, not be able to replace them now anyway. FWIW, I replaced E2Cs with SE215s and could not have been happier. I actually still have the E2Cs but never use them now, the SE215s are much better on top-end (personal opinion) and don't have the pesky adhesive wax-filter thingies.

Can't suggest alternatives but I doubt you'd be disappointed with 215s. They sound good, the cable is tough and replaceable and they are not overly expensive. I recently found out to my surprise that I struggle to hear above 12kHz so I'm glad I didn't fork out on higher models.

Reply #2
The cable on my E2Cs deteriorated enough to affect the signal, and thus the audio, within the 2yr warranty; Shure replaced them free of charge. But I would say after 10 years they'll not do it. You could always ask though. You could even ask them what they think is an upgrade (obviously another Shure product).

Reply #3
Thanks for the responses. Looks like the SE215 is the obvious replacement.