Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How To TAK (Read 110652 times) previous topic - next topic

How To TAK

Reply #25
I see. So for versions before 1.0.3, I should follow the screenshot. But for 1.0.3, I should use "-e -p4 -ihs - %d". Is that right?

Also I think it's time to update that screenshot since there's no reason to use earlier versions.

How To TAK

Reply #26
The screenshot uses a temporary input file that tak shouldn't need anymore as it's capable of pipe-encoding IIRC. I don't know what -ihs does, though, as I never used TAK.

It simply tells TAK to ignore the size field in the wave file header, which isn't being set by foobar (for good reasons).

I see. So for versions before 1.0.3, I should follow the screenshot. But for 1.0.3, I should use "-e -p4 -ihs - %d". Is that right?

Exactly!

How To TAK

Reply #28
I'm having a problem with getting Tak with EAC. I've followed the wiki guide, double checking syntax, substituting my paths, and I just get wav files.

Here's my options:
User defined encoder
extension: .tak
program:
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\wapet.exe

options:
%d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" "C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\unzipped\TAK_1.0.3b\Takc.exe" -e -p4m %s %d

Then nothing else checked except "delete wav after compression"

Both wapet and Tak exist in those locations because I didn't even type in the path, I copied it from windows exporer just to make sure I didn't mis-type.

Months ago I had the previous version of Tak working in EAC but without wapet. But tonight I just tried both 1.0.3 and 1.0.2 with and without wapet and still only get wav files.

Any tips welcome!

How To TAK

Reply #29
I recall having exactly the same issue.  Replacing Synthetic Soul's Wapet version by Case's older one seemed to fix it for me.  Though I wouldn't want to make any claims here.  Just check if you could confirm my impression.

How To TAK

Reply #30
If that is the case I would appreciate you trying my version 0.5 also.  Perhaps the changes in 0.6 caused a problem.
I'm on a horse.

How To TAK

Reply #31
Polar: thanks for the confirmation.

SS: wapet 0.5 gives the same result (no encoding). And I did try last night to download the original Case version 0.3 from your page, but the zip archive was empty. Could you double check it, or could somebody provide a link?

How To TAK

Reply #32
Hmm.. yes the 0.3 zip (and source zip) seems to be corrupt.

You can get Case's last version from Rarewares.
I'm on a horse.

How To TAK

Reply #33
It's strange - both with wapet 0.3 and 0.5, after extraction is finished in EAC, a command line window will flash open for a split second and close. It's too quick for me to see what it is or what it says. Perhaps it's Tak opening and closing with an error, but there's nothing in EAC's logfile to tell what happened.

How To TAK

Reply #34
FYI: I have just tested, using Wapet 0.6 and your command line with just the path to TAK amended, and it worked fine for me.

%d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" "C:\WINDOWS\Takc.exe" -e -p4m %s %d

The only thing I can suggest is checking "Check for external programs return code" on the External Compression tab - to see if EAC will pass on the error that Wapet or TAK is returning.
I'm on a horse.

How To TAK

Reply #35
Thanks - there is an error but I'm not sure what it means. I'll post the message in the uploads forum.

How To TAK

Reply #36
Hmmm... don't really know.

I forced mine to error by providing a wrong path to TAK and my Warning dialogue was very similar (just the paths/tag values being different).

Your paths are all very long; I wonder whether they may be the issue.  Perhaps you could try ripping to the root of C:\, and moving Takc.exe to C:\ temporarily also (or some other short path).

That's all I can suggest; The tags values look OK, etc.

Edit: Hmm... I just tested using the path "C:\Documents and Settings\Neil\My Documents\Audio\New Folder\New Folder\New Folder\New Folder\New Folder" for Wapet, TAK and the files and it still worked fine.  Maybe not then.
I'm on a horse.

How To TAK

Reply #37
Sorry but I don't really have much time to try and reproduce the error; having a 9 months' pregnant wife won't contribute much to that

How To TAK

Reply #38
Links updated for Tak 1.0.4 (encoder + Winamp&XMPlay decoder) and foobar plugin 0.4..

Ps : no problem with the lasts versions of EAC 0.99 prebeta4 nor foobar2000 0.9.6 beta 5
using TAK encoder 1.0.4... but it may happen one day ! 
I've just tested wapet.exe 0.6 with takc.exe under EAC and it works fine ! 

Thanks both to Synthetic Soul and Thomas

How To TAK

Reply #39
Whow, TAK encoding is so fast in compare to WavPack !!!  And the file is smaller.
I am switching to TAK.

How To TAK

Reply #40
Whow, TAK encoding is so fast in compare to WavPack !!!  And the file is smaller.
I am switching to TAK.

Love WavPack, Flac or Monkey Audio too.. Welcome to Tak !

How To TAK

Reply #41
Hi everyone, I am experimenting with TAK and was wondering if there is a switch that will let me add a folder.jpg to the file?

So let's say I have this set up:

F:\Flac\AC_DC - (1974) High Voltage\*.flac, folder.jpg, *.cue

Is there anything I can add to my foobar converter string to add that folder.jpg to my new TAK file?

Thanks a ton!!

How To TAK

Reply #42
thx you very much