Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WASAPI plug-in version 3.0 beta [closed] (Read 168437 times) previous topic - next topic

WASAPI plug-in version 3.0 beta [closed]

Reply #100
I get stuttering with beta 4 in event driven mode if I have the CPU loaded 100% on both cores and then try and refresh a webpage in firefox. I have foobar thread priority at 7 (max, default). Everything seems ok in the other, 'normal' wasapi mode.

Edit: also getting some stuttering in normal wasapi mode. But it's like once every 30 mins or something. It's hard to reproduce.

Reply #101
WASAPI should no longer be louder in the just released foobar2000 v1.1.13.

Edit: fixed the version number.

Reply #102
I think that's a typo, make that foobar2000 v1.1.13 final
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #103
Anybody else getting app deadlocks when cycling between DS/WASAPI while playing?
(Problem seems to be somewhere deep in DirectSound code so it's not really my department)
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #104
No deadlocks. There's a noticeable cut in audio when switching outputs (among DS, WASAPI and WASAPI (Event)), but music always resumes fine.

PCM2702 USB DAC (Govibe), Win 7 SP1

Reply #105
With beta1 and beta4 i have noticed wrong channel mapping with my High Resolution 5.0 channel .flac files: Surround right doesn't work, it seems to be mapped to lfe! Playback is working fine with beta2! Not tested: beta3.

Win7 64/HP -> foobar2000 v1.1.13 -> Radeon HD 6670 -> HDMI Output -> A/V Receiver

BTW, the same odd behavior i have noticed with ASIO component!

Reply #106
For your information, nothing has changed regarding channel mapping in the recent versions; if you're seeing the exact same problem with ASIO, it sounds like the real issue is something else than fb2k and its output components.

Reply #107
No deadlocks with my USB DAC. I still get the occasional pauses during music playback though. I noticed the mute indicator of my DAC lights up whenever this happens.

Reply #108
Out_WASAPI v3.0 beta 4 runs smoothly here on Windows 7 x64. I'm able to select 32-bit output on a SoundBlaster XiFi Xtreme Music which I couldn't do with all previous releases, including v2.x.

Reply #109
Re occasional pauses and other glitches - do you also get similar glitches with plain DirectSound or are these WASAPI specific?

Reply #110
Anybody else getting app deadlocks when cycling between DS/WASAPI while playing?
(Problem seems to be somewhere deep in DirectSound code so it's not really my department)

I'm getting deadlocks, when switching from or to wasapi.
If it stops responding I can't even kill foobar with the process explorer.

I have submitted the crash report.

---
EMU0202 USB
Win7 x64
foobar2000 1.1.13 / foo_wasapi 3.0 beta 4

Reply #111
The pauses I'm getting are WASAPI specific.

Reply #112
Re occasional pauses and other glitches - do you also get similar glitches with plain DirectSound or are these WASAPI specific?

Only with WASAPI.

Reply #113
Adding an echo here: if there are stutters in playback, only in WASAPI (Event). As per your advice and my own desire for stutter-free playback, I've been using a buffer size of 3000 ms in FB2K.

Reply #114
Beta 5 posted. If you're still experiencing glitches, I'd like to know if they're better/worse than in beta 4.

Reply #115
Excellent! No more audio pausing with beta 5. No other problems encountered so far.

Reply #116
I experience a new problem with beta 5. If the sample rate or the number of channels of the next track is different, the new track keeps waiting at 0 seconds without progression. It seems like the output is not switched to the properties of the new track. By giving the play command it will start.
This does not happen when I switch back to DS.
-Windows Vista (up-to-date), Realtek HD Audio, Wasapi standard mode (event mode is not usable with this hardware/driver), Foobar2000 1.1.13-

The WASAPI 3 series solve the limitation of the buffer length that previously was present. It is now for instance possible to use a normal buffer length, regardless of the output sample rate and number of channels.
Although hardly audio skips any more, I noticed a glitch in the form of a small portion of audio being repeated a couple of times. I could not reproduce that, it might have been one of those moments when Windows wants to do something for itself.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #117
Unfortunately beta5 didn't resolve the deadlock  I'm experiencing, after switching between ds and wasapi.

It now has a different behaviour:
-foobar2000 closed, with delay.
-the wasapi64host was still running, and I couldn't kill it.

Reply #118
I experience a new problem with beta 5. If the sample rate or the number of channels of the next track is different, the new track keeps waiting at 0 seconds without progression. It seems like the output is not switched to the properties of the new track. By giving the play command it will start.
This does not happen when I switch back to DS.
For whatever it’s worth, someone else already reported this or a very similar behaviour in v2.1 but said it was fixed by v3.0b1/2 (albeit accompanied by new problems, whose identities were never specified).

Reply #119
Tried beta 5 with the Xonar and the Musiland with 0 problems. I tried playing alternating different bit depth/SR tracks (44.1/16, 24/96, 48/16, etc.) and no glitches whatsoever but then I was neither getting any with b4.
B5 is as rock solid as b4 in my PC.

Reply #120
beta5 is slightly (but noticeably) worse than beta4 with stuttering in wasapi event mode.

Reply #121
Using Beta5 and am getting a lot of random crackling from both regular and even mode. Using a USB DAC (iBasso D4) on 1000ms for buffer length if this matters. Haven't tried changing it. WASAPI 2 plugin doesn't cause crackling unless I set the buffer too high.

Reply #122
Using Beta5 and am getting a lot of random crackling from both regular and even mode. Using a USB DAC (iBasso D4) on 1000ms for buffer length if this matters. Haven't tried changing it. WASAPI 2 plugin doesn't cause crackling unless I set the buffer too high.

Interesting. With what settings exactly are you able to use the old plug-in without crackling?

Unfortunately beta5 didn't resolve the deadlock  I'm experiencing, after switching between ds and wasapi.

It now has a different behaviour:
-foobar2000 closed, with delay.
-the wasapi64host was still running, and I couldn't kill it.

Unfortunately, "process cannot be killed" bugs are outside the scope of what I can really help with, perhaps reporting this to Microsoft would help. At least it's an improvement that foobar2000 itself can terminate cleanly.

Reply #123
Will WASAPI ever add an option NOT to mute all other sounds?