Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to restore FPL playlist file from a backup? (Read 1476 times) previous topic - next topic

How to restore FPL playlist file from a backup?

Dear community,

I have Foobar2000 v1.4. I have occasionally removed a playlist file, but I have a complete backup of playlists-v1.4 directory. I have identified that the file 3A76828AC90DFD70826FE82D78EFA738.fpl is the playlist I have removed. I have copied it to playlists-v1.4 directory but it is not picked up. Also I tried to import it as a new playlist using "File→Load playlist..." but it shows an error message "The following error(s) occurred during loading of the location(s): Unsupported format or corrupted file" and imports only 1 track from it.

Anyone can help with it? Thanks in advance!

P.S. Of course backup was created for the same Foobar2000 v1.4, so it is not a cross-version issue.
P.P.S. Similar post How to recover old playlists to a new installation?

Re: How to restore FPL playlist file from a backup?

Reply #1
I guess you need the original index file as well. To be safe, make a portable install of foobar to a new folder, and restore the complete playlists-v1.4 backup to that install. Run that foobar to see if it works, switch to the playlist you want and you can File > Save Playlist to save a copy, then File > Load Playlist on your main install.

Re: How to restore FPL playlist file from a backup?

Reply #2
I got it, thank you, it worked that way. It is confusing that FPL in playlists-v1.4 is not the same FPL which is produced by "File → Save playlist..."

Also a wish: why not to scan all FPL files in playlists-v1.4 and add automatically missing ones to index.dat? Or there will be too much voodoo to deal with old, binary-incompatible playlists? Then just display the message "Playlist ABC has binary version X, but only Y is supported".