Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag(s) from Files? (Read 2871 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag(s) from Files?

I've decided to finally convert my entire CD collection to WavPack w/ Embedded Cue Sheets, and while the process has been fairly painless so far, i'm curious as to one detail which isn't entirely clear to me. (This may belong in the foobar2000 forum  )

Along with Embedded Cue Sheets, i'm also adding my EAC extraction log as a tag "-w "Log=@*.log".  However, after making it through a few dozen albums, I noticed an inconsistency in one of the album names, and modifed the tags inside of foobar2000.  Being that i'm a little OCD, I decided to change the log's listing for the album title as well, only to realize that it made the modification only for the track I had selected at the time.

Now, perhaps this is more of a foobar2000 question then anything, but... i'm assuming the "log" exists as a single tag when the file is encoded, however if I make modifications to this tag, does it then seperate it into various individual tags for each track?  Or is it that I didn't have all the tracks in the image that it created different entries?

-----
Domain

Tag(s) from Files?

Reply #1
You should probably select all subsongs before making any album/file-wide alterations; I think your last point is correct, that you need to select all tracks or the tags get "separated".