Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_podcatcher (Read 216040 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_podcatcher

Reply #275
Hi.
I'm trying to get a podcast wich is protectet with a username and password.
The feed adress is: http://audio.zeit.de/podcast/zeitaudio_abo.xml
I allready tried to ad my username and pw to the adress like this: http://user:password@audio.zeit.de/podcast/zeitaudio_abo.xml

But then I get the following error:

Unable to open item for playback (Authorization Required (401)):
"https://premium.zeit.de/audio/10_Wissenschaft_dl.mp3?ER_Do=prepareBuyDocument&Abo_Document=/media/11/10/10_Wissenschaft_dl.mp3&Abo_ServerName=horchen.zeit.de"

Do I have a chance to catch the podcast using foo_podcatcher?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #276
That URL just returns RSS for me.

There's no authentication required.

Maybe the answer is to move to the UK.

Edit: Sorry, I see, attempting to access an MP3 from that lists results in an authentication request.  The MP3s are on a different subdomain using HTTPS, which is possibly why authenticating yourself on audio.zeit.de does nothing.
I'm on a horse.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #277
Edit: Sorry, I see, attempting to access an MP3 from that lists results in an authentication request.  The MP3s are on a different subdomain using HTTPS, which is possibly why authenticating yourself on audio.zeit.de does nothing.

And there is probably no way I can authenticate myself on that https subdomain, right?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #278
Seems only two people other than me has addressed the fact that video podcasts are ignored

So here's from the few of us: It would be great if podcatcher would download these podcasts as well. Of course, fb2k isn't a video player, but there are a couple of good reasons not to reject unknown media as I see it:

* fb2k kicks ass, as does podcatcher, and having to keep a different app open to retrieve video podcasts just seems like cheating on a beautiful wife with an ogre.
* forward compatibility: plugins may provide functionality that we haven't thought of yet, such as video playback (think xmms/winamp). Is the audio restriction really set in stone, or is it just that we don't have a plugin to handle video media? Or will the next version of foobar2000 natively support video?
* some plugins, like the DTS decoder even demuxes DTS from mkvs to play just the audio part. This makes sense for a wealth of video podcasts that are mostly talk anyway, such as debates, tedtalks, etc.

I don't see any reason to not allow the (stupid/courageous) user to add a non-audio podcast. The XML is the same, and the retrieval also. But then ofcourse, I know nothing of the innards of podcatcher. But from one developer to another, here's a big thank you for making this in the first place, and an echo of "please add video podcasts, too... ooooo... ooooo... oooo..."

Cheers,
Daniel

foo_podcatcher

Reply #279
Love the plugin. I can't live without it! :-)

I did have a question, though. I read through the forums, and notice a few people asking about sorting. As of the latest version (0.2.4 beta), sorting does work. However, everytime I select a different podcast feed (or even select the same one from the Feed List), the sorting reverts back to oldest first. Is there any possible way to make it default to sorting by newest first? I scoured the options panel, and didn't come across anything. Also looked to see if there were any column options part of foobar2000 itself and couldn't find anything.

Perhaps there's something I'm missing? In any case, keep up the good work. :-)

foo_podcatcher

Reply #280
I'm having a few problems with saving podcasts.
In the 'Path to store downloaded podcasts (Use Title Formatting)' field I enter the string:
'F:\Jake's Music\Podcasts\%album%\%filename_ext%'

This should correspond to the folder\filename:
F:\Jake's Music\Podcasts\PodcastName\Ep01-foo.mp3

But it is creating the following folder:
F:\Jakes Music\Podcasts\IOT\IOT ep 1 - foo.mp3
For some reason the folder/file creation is ignoring the  '  in F:\Jake's Music\ and creating a whole new branch of folders to store the downloaded files in, starting with F:\Jakes Music\

Is this a simple Title formatting problem or is it a limitation of podcatcher?

Thanks in advance

foo_podcatcher

Reply #281
In the 'Path to store downloaded podcasts (Use Title Formatting)' field I enter the string:

For some reason the folder/file creation is ignoring the  '  in F:\Jake's Music\ and creating a whole new branch of folders to store the downloaded files in, starting with F:\Jakes Music\

Thanks in advance

Your question was already answered on the previous pages.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #282

Thanks in advance

Solution located here: Post 271!
tl;dr Use ' to prefix characters that are not being parsed e.g F:\Jake's Music should be written F:\Jake''s Music

foo_podcatcher

Reply #283
Love the plugin. I can't live without it! :-)

I did have a question, though. I read through the forums, and notice a few people asking about sorting. As of the latest version (0.2.4 beta), sorting does work. However, everytime I select a different podcast feed (or even select the same one from the Feed List), the sorting reverts back to oldest first. Is there any possible way to make it default to sorting by newest first? I scoured the options panel, and didn't come across anything. Also looked to see if there were any column options part of foobar2000 itself and couldn't find anything.

Perhaps there's something I'm missing? In any case, keep up the good work. :-)

+1

Seems to be not only when selecting another feed, but each time a new episode starts. It's pretty much impossible to listen to a podcast feed back-to-front.

Also, is it possible to manually tag an episode as "listened"? As it is, I have to let the playhead run out before the status is updated automatically, even if the last minute of the podcast is just jingle music or something that should've been trimmed by the publisher in the first place

Thanks!

foo_podcatcher

Reply #284
I've downloaded v. 0.2.5 today and already noticed a regression (at least it isn't in the change log): you can't move podcasts inside your podcast playlist.  This is annoying, since you don't always want to listen them in the same order they were retrieved.

nausea, could you please fix this bug?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #285
I updated to the latest version of podcatcher (0.2.4) and foobar (1.1.3). Now I am unable to resume playback of a podcast after switching to another playlist.
With a previous version of podcatcher (0.1.7.4) I was able to resume playback of the podcast. It would not restart the podcast.

This issue is fixed in podcatcher 0.2.5.
Thank you very much.

Greets,

Ben

foo_podcatcher

Reply #286
Thanks a lot for the plugIn, it helps my favorite music player to follow me into the new cloudy era...
  • I'd like to point out: I'd like to see foo_podcatcher using one of the existent forms for audio podcasts that will enable us to one-click-subscribe from the browser, i guess the protocol alias feed:// is a good beginning, or which popular file type could be associated from firefox with foobar.exe?
  • The update-feature of foo_bar didn't work (was using V0.2.2b, available was V0.2.5b)
    Also, googleing "foo podcatcher" does not high-rank any favorable homepage.
    You might not find this crucial. However, popularity is important motivation factor for many developers
  • Don't forget to update the first post of this thread when you update foo_podcatcher!

Again, great work! I will just start a new thread with a great idea! watch out for "waveform bitmap"
Cheers from Cologne,
blausand

foo_podcatcher

Reply #287
Hi, i want to thank you for this plug-in, really makes fb2k powerful, but i have an issue with it. Im using ESPlaylist and i cant download pod-casts, since the Podcatcher context menu is unavailable. Can you fix it or create an optional short-cut for people with custom play-list components?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #288
Why don't you ask the developer of the custom-playlist component to solve its bug? How nausea should solve something that is caused by another component?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #290
Why don't you ask the developer of the custom-playlist component to solve its bug? How nausea should solve something that is caused by another component?

Because i don't know if the plugin is still in development, plus it would be way easier to just press Ctrl+PgDwn to download a podcast, rather than right-clicking through the menus.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #291
Again, i love it, i love it.
Since i sold my soul for a Samsung Galaxy S2, i need to migrate my podcast adresses to the gadget now.
This is not the first time i wondered why podcast adresses can't even be copied from foo_podcatcher's properties dialog.
Am i missing something, or do i really have to retype the URLs as of now?
I hope you find an hour for improving the properties dialog, or (better) two hours for adding an export functionality for the urls of all podcasts the user has subscribed over time.
cheers and hang loose!

foo_podcatcher

Reply #293
You can export all your feeds to OPML.  Read the first page of this forum.

Sometimes i think i get old ) Thanks a lot, ma'm, for bringing a light to the blind.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #294
Hi, thanks for the awesome plugin.

I'm having an issue with this feed: http://www.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/feeds/ss1.xml
It seems there are some errors due to it's most recent update. However, podcatcher seems unable to handle the xml errors and ends up causing a large memory leak (99% ram usage) on my system.

Could you have a look into this?

Thanks,
Nugs

foo_podcatcher

Reply #295
Just wondering, is it possible to manually add podcasts to a subscribed feed? I have 27GB of podcasts on iTunes, and I don't really want to download them all again. So could I add a feed and get the plugin to scan the folder I set as the download location for already-present episodes?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #296
Hi,

I'm having huge troubles: When podcatcher (0.2.5) tries to update the feed list, foobar (1.1.7) freezes and becomes unresponsive. I subscribed to about 40 podcasts, I guess. It used to work yesterday...

I found two foo_podcatcher.dll-files inside the foobar configuration folder. One is 831kb, the other 29MB. And of course a foo_podcatcher.dll.cfg plus one more foo_podcatcher.dll in the user components folder. Is this normal?

Also, the opml-export still doesn't work. When I type in a file name and click "save", it doesn't save anything. That's why I don't want to delete the podcatcher config and lose all my subscriptions.

Any idea?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #297
This is great. Would it be possible in future versions to automatically set the genre of downloaded files to something else?

foo_podcatcher

Reply #298
Please, for the love of god, make this component be automatically upgradeable from within foobar2000.

Here I was with an old version of foo_podcatcher, which was refusing to properly download some BBC podcasts due to some bugs, and not knowing what was wrong, since I update my components from within foobar2000 regularly. It had never occured to me to go to the official website and upgrade manually, which I now did, and everything's running smoothly.

There's no need for that.

foo_podcatcher

Reply #299
Hi. I'm using podcatcher 0.2.5 Beta with foobar 1.1.7 and when I open the feed Manager the application just crashes! I think it's because of a specific feed but I'm still unable to remove it from the manager because of the crashes... Any help?