Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873537 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1000
OK, looks like my goose is cooked.

I updated to the latest beta as well thanks to some great advice here on this thread.

However there is nothing that works.

I did find and correct some time stamps that were not in right format, but that did not help either in the end.

I managed to fool it with using a known good file, and then subbing in some sections, but it did not work for long and soon the tags stopped triggering in the correct way and were simply displayed rather than acted upon.

It's a great shame as a friend and I just spent 3 days typing up the lyrics for Helen Watson's Blue Slipper album, and we can't enter them and have them work. Not found them anywhere on the net either, lot's of sites that want the lyrics, but no one has them. I got them and can't now share them! Seems a bit of a mouldy outcome to be honest.

Oh well. So much for making moving lyrics. LOL
Cheers,
Ian

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1001
If you want you can post a lyric here so that it can be looked at. Ideally choose one with a complete set of time stamps and copy and paste it, e.g. from lyrics editor into a codebox.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1002
OK, looks like my goose is cooked.

Don't give up yet! Have you tried opening one of the invalid lyric files in e.g. Notepad? They are plain text files, it's not necessary to use Lyric Show 3s own editor:

Code: [Select]
[ti:I Love foobar2000]
[ar:The Community]

[00:00.00]Artist: The Community
[00:05.00]Title: I Love foobar2000
[00:10.00][00:45.00][01:20.00]I repeat myself under stress
[00:15.93]Second line
[00:17.94]Third line
[00:19.67]... ...

All text lines in a synced song are beginning with a timestamp [mm:ss.fs] (fs being 100th of a second, a fraction). Forget the first few lines, they aren't parsed. If one or more of the lines don't have a timestamp or it's malformed, the lyrics parser gets confused - naturally. I suppose you're saving the lyrics as separate files, not in tags?
Normally there's no reason for manually adjusting the charset (as you probably primarily have English lyrics). Uncheck the box in the Advanced tab in the Preferences dialog, if set.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1003
@celebpokerj:
Have you uploaded the crash dumps? I can't see any on the online database, if you would rather email them to me directly you can do so at addssy.sale@gmail.com.

@fhydro:
As I said in my first reply, you can use the %lyric_issynced% value. This is not an ideal solution as this value will only apply to the currently displayed lyric (which is not always the one that is being saved). I don't plan on adding anything to make this easier as it would just complicate the preferences page unnecessarily.

@uncertain:
The extension of the lyric files (.lrc or .txt) is irrelevant so don't worry about that. For the lyric to be recognised as timestamped, there has to be a minimum number of timestamps within a lyric (a timestamp being "[01:55.66]" for example). Try adding more timestamps to the lyrics you are using. This is the simplest explanation I can think of for your problems, but it is difficult for me to really understand what is going on without seeing an offending lyric and possibly some screen shots of what you are seeing.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1004
@celebpokerj:
Have you uploaded the crash dumps? I can't see any on the online database, if you would rather email them to me directly you can do so at addssy.sale@gmail.com.

Can you not reappear this trouble? really?
I'm 100% occasion the freeze. Proceed very simple:

1) Display lyrics panel in foo bar 2000
2) [Ctrl+U] url input 'http://www.google.com' something like that then [Enter]
3) Inserted [http://www.google.com] in play list. Trying play it. (Double click or [Enter])
4) Foobar2000 shows Playback error dialog

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"http://www.google.com/"

5) A few later freeze. (Not Responding)

-- (Windows freeze detail)
Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
  Application Name:   foobar2000.exe
  Application Version:   1.1.16.0
  Application Timestamp:   508ba7b2
  Hang Signature:   3856
  Hang Type:   0
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1041
  Additional Hang Signature 1:   385604acdb94f83dc61642b86a58c2f8
  Additional Hang Signature 2:   64ef
  Additional Hang Signature 3:   64efc6cfd6298f542214bd893ce4f891
  Additional Hang Signature 4:   3856
  Additional Hang Signature 5:   385604acdb94f83dc61642b86a58c2f8
  Additional Hang Signature 6:   64ef
  Additional Hang Signature 7:   64efc6cfd6298f542214bd893ce4f891

--
Please try.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1005
Hi, how I can disable auto online search without disabling local search? I want to realise next logic: when file is starting to play, foobar search a lyrics in file tag and external file (config directiory, the same place as the file, etc), and if there is founded nothing, foobar just showing fallback text. If I need to search a lyrics into the internet, I clicking manuallly "Lyrics search" in the plugin`s context menu and the plugin is starting search in all sources from the preference list. Thanks for answer.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1006
Hi, how I can disable auto online search without disabling local search? I want to realise next logic: when file is starting to play, foobar search a lyrics in file tag and external file (config directiory, the same place as the file, etc), and if there is founded nothing, foobar just showing fallback text. If I need to search a lyrics into the internet, I clicking manuallly "Lyrics search" in the plugin`s context menu and the plugin is starting search in all sources from the preference list. Thanks for answer.

Right click > Preferences

Under  the  Lyrics Searching tab is a box that says Search Order. Remove all of the entries that say "Online DB" by highlighting each entry and clicking the ">>" button.

Also, to the mod author: Thanks for this great component, it's exactly what I was looking for. So far the only issue is that when I use the "User Defined Directory" option, it doesn't actually save the lyrics anymore. I've tried several different directories but it still never actually writes any lyrics. Even when just using a simple "C:\Test" (both with and without the trailing slash). Any idea why it won't write? All other saving options seem to work fine...

Thanks again

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1008

Right click > Preferences

Under  the  Lyrics Searching tab is a box that says Search Order. Remove all of the entries that say "Online DB" by highlighting each entry and clicking the ">>" button.

Not working. If I`m excluding online DB`s from that list and trying to execute lyrics seach, plugin is searching by local places. and I need to search in the web.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1009
You cannot do exactly what you describe. A good solution is to put the local searches ahead of the internet searches in the search order; then internet searching will only take place if local lyrics are not found or you trigger lyric search from the right click menu.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1010
@celebpokerj:
It's working fine here. Are you sure this is caused by lyrics3? If you remove the plugin altogether does it still occur? Is anyone else able to replicate this problem?

@nosatyj:
As WilB says, this is not possible and I don't plan on adding it in future versions.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1011
You cannot do exactly what you describe. A good solution is to put the local searches ahead of the internet searches in the search order; then internet searching will only take place if local lyrics are not found or you trigger lyric search from the right click menu.

@celebpokerj:
It's working fine here. Are you sure this is caused by lyrics3? If you remove the plugin altogether does it still occur? Is anyone else able to replicate this problem?

@nosatyj:
As WilB says, this is not possible and I don't plan on adding it in future versions.

That`s bad. After using foo_uie_lyrics2 it`s last feauter that makes work unconfortable.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1013
@The vern

I have a problem with my configuration for searching files (see my file search properties).
If the name of album equal the title, sample "Lucky town" from Bruce Springsteen from the album "Lucky town".
The search load the first title how match "Lucky town". In my case "Bruce Springsteen - My Beautiful Reward" from the same album,
saved as "M:\_Lyrics\Bruce Springsteen\Bruce Springsteen - [Lucky Town] My Beautiful Reward.lrc"
I think, the problem is, that all special information in "[]" where removed - in any situation is this fine. There are any special chars exist,
they I can use and the search ignore it?

Exist a documentation, how I can read such special things?

Best regards and an lucky weekand

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1014
You could use $replace() to get rid of those brackets. Putting the special characters between '' as '[' ... ']' would normally solve the problem, but since they are part of the tag that's not an option.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1015
@Daeron
Thanks for reply, but this is not my problem, lyric search clean the title and remove "[Lucky Town]" from the filename named "Bruce Springsteen - [Lucky Town] Lucky Town.lrc" and then matched "Bruce Springsteen - [Lucky Town] My Beautiful Reward.lrc" with  "Bruce Springsteen - Lucky Town"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1016
Try disabling the default artist-title search (in local file search properties), then set your custom filename to: [%artist% - ]['['%album%']'][ %title%] (this should be equivalent to what you have already, just a bit shorter)
This will only work properly if all your lyric files are named in this fashion.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1017
I think, now I have understand the option "Enable built-in artist-title search". If enabled - it's disable the search via the "Custom file format". On the second look, is this clear. But easier I mean is to name this option "Enable 'Custom file format' search".
I have set "Custom file format" to [%artist% - ]['['%album%'] '][%title%].

Open is for saving the knowledge if synchronized or not ;-)

Thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1018
That's not quite correct - they are completely separate options and don't relate to each other. If there is a custom filename specified this will be searched for regardless of whether the check box is ticked or not. The check box just toggles the automatic artist title search (which was previously the only file search pattern). The reason I did it this way is demonstrated perfectly by your scenario - being able to disable the default artist title search can be beneficial in scenarios where it identifies incorrect lyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1019
hey, the vern. i updated the component once again, still everything without a problem, thanks!  i just have some useful requests...

my first request is really a must for me. it would be useful to have "stop search" button in "lyric search" dialog. many times i know i won't find the lyrics under the current name (many cases of featurings, stylized artists/song names) and i don't want to wait ~10 seconds to be able to edit the artist/song and search again. the other option would be to add "custom lyric search" menu item to right click menu, it could open the search window, but won't start the search automatically, so i have time to change the values and manually start the search.

the other request is something that was mentioned in post #982, it would be cool if the lyric search window remembered it's size and position. i would also add some more similar requests, it would also be great if there could be more flexibility. for example remembering the size of the columns, also possibility to show/hide/reorder the columns, sort by columns, etc. also the ability to make the plugin to remember the values. the same could be for associations search properties.

many thanks again!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1020
Look like automatic save doesn't working for me. My options is prefer synced - automatic save - user defined directory (because my existing lyric folder mess up but i don't want to delete it because it's too big with about 8000 text file). Music play - lyric found but no lyric saved it all? Please help?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1022
Hi. Love the plug-in,  very useful thing. However, there is one major flaw. It does not work properly with darklyrics. From one and the same albom, some songs' lyrics are found, some are not, even if they do exist on darklyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1023
[my first thread should be ignored and deleted]

I've installed the Lyric Show Panel 3 plugin,
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_uie_lyrics3

most importantly it DOES NOT download JACK S.....!

Now, I've managed to get it to show SOME lyrics, but not all, in a dockable panel
but some lyrics which are in THREE places, just don't show up

I have lyrics in the UnsyncedLyrics field, in the Lyrics3 tag (ID3v1 for winamp) and in a likenamed textfile.

But they don't show up with the Lyric Show Panel 3 plugin!!!!!

it says 'not found', while actually the lyrics are right there ...!!!!

how do I solve this?

please be specific and detailed, i need a lot of handholding!

tnx!   

I use Windows Vista
foobar 1.18 (latest on this date)
don't do anything I would .....

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1024

update SECOND PROBLEM
The lyrics show only AFTER i've added them via RightClick | Choose Lyrics, and then loading a local text file with the lyrics.
But I thought it should work right way?

FIRST: most importantly it DOES NOT download JACK S.....!
this problem is still there.

don't do anything I would .....