Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets [2008-02-25] (Read 282900 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #25
Redrawing issues of subfolder indicators in Folder Structure columns should be fixed now.

Reuploaded. Thanks for reporting.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #27
Right-click on the column header and enable "Multiple Columns."

Now you can add the date column.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #28
Would it be possible to combine queries, for example having a list with both album artists and artists? I don't mean multiple columns, I just mean something that works like %<tag%> syntax but for separate tags.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #30
The rating stars are a nice touch, and they look very good.

I hope the Default UI and Columns UI incorporate the same for the %rating% tag.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #31
The rating stars are a nice touch, and they look very good.

I hope the Default UI and Columns UI incorporate the same for the %rating% tag.
Hmm...just tried adding a rating column and instead of stars I'm getting little box characters. I'm using the default system font (tahoma, I think). Do I maybe have a bad copy of the font?

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #32
Would it be possible to combine queries, for example having a list with both album artists and artists?

You can combine multiple column patterns with a vertical line:

Code: [Select]
%<album artist>%|%<artist>%

Note that %<album artist>% already falls back to the artist if no album artist tag was found.

Edit: Please do not add further reports about rating stars not being rendered correctly. I'm aware of this issue, but it's not a problem of my component but rather of your Windows configuration. If anyone has a working solution, feel free to post it.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #33
Thanks for this wonderful component. I have just one small problem (a bug or a feature?):

If I set my code for 'Album' to
['['%date%']'] %album%
Only %album% is displayed. Without the space between date and album it works as expected.
The reason I am doing this is because using 'Multiple Columns' means that when foobar2000 is maximised or restored the column headers don't autosize and scroll bars appear.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #34
Franck this is an excellent component!

I've just noticed that when I set 'Prevent Playlist Update' for a facet, and restart the foobar, I have to do it again, the setting is not saved.

Thanks!
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #35
Current behavoir:
doubleclick in a facet -> 'facet selection' is updated -> the first song starts playing (regardless of the song order)

Wouldn't it make more sense that a 'random' song is played instead of the first one, if the song order is set to 'random' or 'shuffle (x)?

edit: typos...

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #36
#1> my bad.. should've checked string better

#2> why is there a (sort ascending/descending) arrow on the 2nd and following facets, but not on the first one? (can you remove them, or have it aligned to the right of that column?).. they overwrite the field description atm (they seem to be hardcoded at a certain distance from the left border)

^

i see.. shame, that. odd thing though, the sorting indicator didn't show on the first aspect at first, but has shown up after i restarted foobar since then

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #37
If I set my code for 'Album' to
['['%date%']'] %album%

Only %album% is displayed. Without the space between date and album it works as expected.

Can't reproduce it, neither can other users. Are you sure the date is not just dimmed? Please add a screenshot.

I've just noticed that when I set 'Prevent Playlist Update' for a facet, and restart the foobar, I have to do it again, the setting is not saved.

Thanks for reporting this, will be fixed for the next version.

Wouldn't it make more sense that a 'random' song is played instead of the first one, if the song order is set to 'random' or 'shuffle (x)?

Makes sense, I will change this.

could you please make the sort_on_add_to_playlist string configurable?

Please read the FAQ.

About sorting indicators, that's standard Windows behaviour. Neither will there be any options for this, nor is the current behaviour going to change.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #38
Just wanted to chime in and say, this plugin is awesome: simple, fast, and very usable. This plugin combined with the new UI may finally get me to upgrade from 0.8.3. Thanks Frank!

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #39
I just found this:

(Hint: notice the black area above 'All (8Folders)'

If I (double)click in this area, then the same thing happens as if I click on the 'All (8Folders)' entry.

This happened to me only once. I think at the moment it occured I was resizing the main window but I'm not sure. I will try to reproduce it...

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #40
Known, also a bug in the Windows listview.

I have already tried to somehow prevent this, but to no avail.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #41
small bug: if you delete a facet column from preferences before disabling it, you can't really remove it anymore from the facet, and it doesn't disappear automatically :-)

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #42
Hello Frank,

I just noticed that there are different auto-playlist-naming-schemes in facets and in album list. If I, for example, create an autoplaylist with the query "artist HAS chicane" the playlistname with facets ist "New Autoplaylist" and with album list the name is "artist HAS chicane".

IMO the scheme from album list is better arranged. I think there should be a consistent naming-scheme. What do you think?

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #43
an easy question i couldn't find in the faq: is the rating column supposed to display anything without installing any additional addons?

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #44
Would it be possible to add mouseover activation? What I mean is to be able to scroll the facet under the mouse pointer, without clicking into it.

While I like the idea as well, there are two problems:

1. It violates Windows standards.
2. Facets would be the only UI Element to behave like this.

I'll have to think about this before I can give you a definite answer.
Meanwhile, you can use the middle button to scroll. If it's not assigned to any action, that is.

It is just my opinion: I wouldn't start to leave the way to have an unique way for each component in foobar - i really love the global settings. Why was that feature removed from the foobar core?

I have a feature request, Frank: I would like to display the rating as a number with one digit after the point, f.e. "rating = 4.1". That would give some more detailed rating based on the average

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #45
Edit: Please do not add further reports about rating stars not being rendered correctly. I'm aware of this issue, but it's not a problem of my component but rather of your Windows configuration. If anyone has a working solution, feel free to post it.

Stars work fine with Arial Unicode Font.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #46
One feature request more, Frank:

What do you think about another selection type for multiple tags like %<mood>%? Let's say you have a mood facet and you select three of them then the result would be: mood IS mood1 OR mood IS mood2 OR mood IS mood3.
But you also sometimes would like to have result like: mood IS mood1 AND mood IS mood2 AND mood IS mood3. The easiest implementation could be to use the ctrl-key when selecting the entries. In that scenario using the shift key would mean: NOT mood IS blah.
Not only a great feature for browsing the library but also for creating autoplaylists.

However, i am not sure what would be the best way to make the different selection types visible in the facet.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #47
Great plugin Frank. I just started tinkering with your plugin and came up with a layout like so:

Screenshot

I used a couple splitters to achieve this look which breaks the link between the panels. Is there any way around this?

Moderation: Please do not inline images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. Please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #48
small bug: if you delete a facet column from preferences before disabling it, you can't really remove it anymore from the facet, and it doesn't disappear automatically :-)

Thanks for your report. This will be fixed in the next version.

(...) create an autoplaylist with the query "artist HAS chicane" the playlistname with facets ist "New Autoplaylist" and with album list the name is "artist HAS chicane".

Queries as playlist names - I'll have to check with Peter if that is actually desired.

an easy question i couldn't find in the faq: is the rating column supposed to display anything without installing any additional addons?

Yes. Just add a new field to the Properties dialog with Field name: RATING and Field value: 1 to 5.

Or use the Quick Tagger component for a convenient way to set ratings.

I have a feature request, Frank: I would like to display the rating as a number with one digit after the point, f.e. "rating = 4.1". That would give some more detailed rating based on the average

Unlikely. Ratings are just a gimmick in my opinion, not serious business.

What do you think about another selection type for multiple tags like (...)

No, sorry. Please read my roadmap before making suggestions.

I used a couple splitters to achieve this look which breaks the link between the panels. Is there any way around this?

Facets are only linked within the same UI Element. This is not going to change.

Also see the point about "Advanced arrangement of Facets" in the roadmap (it's not going to be implemented).

Facets [2008-02-25]

Reply #49

Unlikely. Ratings are just a gimmick in my opinion, not serious business.

I think i can live withou that! Would you consider at least to display the rating as number and not with stars?

One question: How is the average rating calculated and rounded?

You asked for a better name for "Prevent playlist update". I believe i would have understood the function with a name like "Don't send selection to Facet playlist"