Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: could media folder can read .cue file in priority when a cue file exis (Read 1787 times) previous topic - next topic

could media folder can read .cue file in priority when a cue file exis

when I set a media folder to monitor my sounds ,there are 2 kinds of media type
1 . cue+flac/ape/wav all songs in a media,trackname is written in the .cue file
2 . MP3 APE flac wav ~~ single Separated
however when I want to add all these sounds into my auto playlist :
1. I exclude nothing ---there is a ***.wav/flac/ape file in the list without Track names in detail and it's useless
2. I exclude .cue file ---there is a ***.wav/flac/ape file in the list without Track names in detail. More terrible
3. I add only .cue file -----MP3 APE flac wav ~~ single Separated are missing!!!
@Peter
could foobar2000 read .cue file  in priority when when a cue file exists in the monitored folder ??
or could you tell me a way to solve it??

Reply #1
Try out CUE playlist filter: http://wintense.com/plugins/foo_cuefilter
I believe it only works on playlists though and not on the media library. Foobar doesn't/didn't allow plugins to delete library entries. Author:
basically I wanted to add library filtering in this version as well, but API for deleting files from library is suspended in current foobar versions.

Reply #2
Try out CUE playlist filter: http://wintense.com/plugins/foo_cuefilter
I believe it only works on playlists though and not on the media library. Foobar doesn't/didn't allow plugins to delete library entries. Author:
basically I wanted to add library filtering in this version as well, but API for deleting files from library is suspended in current foobar versions.

thanks a lot
I think it's a  nice function which maybe fulfill in future

Reply #3
it would require a bit of effort to edit your cuesheets but you could rename the referenced files to

Code: [Select]
blah.cue.mp3

then exclude

*.cue.mp3

Reply #4
it would require a bit of effort to edit your cuesheets but you could rename the referenced files to

blah.cue.mp3

then exclude

*.cue.mp3

I don't think it's  a goog way .
priority  may be a nice method~~

Reply #5
I think this function  Smart Add is just a combination of add only .cue file and only  exclude .cue file.
first to pre judge .cue file existence, yes--add only .cue file ; no--only exclude .cue file.