Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Same CD and different CUE files? (Read 4049 times) previous topic - next topic

Same CD and different CUE files?

I rip my CDs with EAC and save them as an image. I do this always twice to verify the CRC, however, I realized that the CUE files are sometimes different.  For the same CD i get ...

Code: [Select]

TRACK 01 AUDIO
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   INDEX 00 02:59:49
   INDEX 01 02:59:50
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
   INDEX 00 05:22:04
   INDEX 01 05:22:05

... or only ...

TRACK 01 AUDIO
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   INDEX 01 02:59:50
 TRACK 03 AUDIO

.. and sometimes I even have the same ISRC for two different tracks.

Is this something I should worry about if I want to have an accurate copy of my CDs? And should I start to create the CUE files more than once to compare them?

Thanks Kasper

Reply #1
This is most likely related to the "Gap/Index retrieval method" selected. I had this problem too on my Lite-On. Method A or B would be sometimes off by 1 frame. Only method C works accurately with my drive. Also note that changing "Detection Accuracy" doesn't solve it, you have to rather find the correct detection method for your drive.

Reply #2
Aw hell... now I've gotta re-rip three hundred rare, and very scratched up discs.

I'm guessing that the cuesheets that plextools pro XL generates using a decent plextor drive *would* be accurate, because it'll be using the correct method.

EAC is frickin' slow at reading the pregaps too... sometimes it takes about ten minutes, or even more.  I usually have to try different methods until one works within the time frame that I have to live.

Reply #3
Well, you should find the right method and stick with it. For example, on my drive, method A is the fastest but not accurate (less than a second per track), method B is painfully slow and also not accurate and finally method C is accurate and acceptable fast (below 2 seconds per track).

Reply #4
But... how do you actually know what is accurate?

Reply #6
Uhm... I'm not understanding kjoonlee...  you you saying that if you see a 1-frame pregap, there is something wrong?

I find that when they exist at all, they are usually around 2 seconds, although I have seen all kinds of numbers.

Reply #7
Now I get with ...

Method A:

TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "Some Of Us"
   PERFORMER "Starsailor"
   ISRC GBAYE0301039

TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "Some Of Us"
   PERFORMER "Starsailor"
   ISRC GBAYE0301038

(Track 02 has the ISRC GBAYE0301038)

Method B:

... same as with method A.

Method C:

TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "Some Of Us"
   PERFORMER "Starsailor"

Should I care about the ISRC? Method C does not detect it, and the indices are with all methods the same now ...

Or should I buy a new drive before i start to rip the next 300 CDs?