Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Split mp3 from cue (Read 3591 times) previous topic - next topic

Split mp3 from cue

I have big collection of mp3s with cue. But I have a problem for now
I have create a playlist for writing on CD (MP3 format). Is it possible to get files from cue (maybe via diskwriter or some plugin) ?

Thanks and sorry for bad english

Split mp3 from cue

Reply #1
No this isn't possible without loss of quality.

If you use the diskwriter for this your file will be reencoded and the file will degrade in quality.

Sine people seem to have had some success with mp3split and similar programs.  Try searching the HA forums for it.

Split mp3 from cue

Reply #2
You could try pcutmp3 tool by SebastianG, a HA regular.

This has been recently developed to overcome issues spotted in other splitters.

Check the thread SebastianG quotes at the beginning for more background.

Edit: Your avitar is 65KB
I'm on a horse.

Split mp3 from cue

Reply #3
Hang on - I should have read more carefully.  Without you knowing your topic title is misleading.

You don't need to split the MP3 image if you just want to burn to CD.

You should just be able to point a burning application like Nero, EAC, or burrrn at the cuesheet and it will burn to CD just fine.

Edit: Oops... or foobar (if you have Nero installed).
I'm on a horse.

Split mp3 from cue

Reply #4
In case you want to make a mix CD, you could load the CUE sheets into Foobar2k and use the diskwriter for some tracks you want to burn (producing a 16 bit WAVE file for each track).

Split mp3 from cue

Reply #5
In case you want to make a mix CD, you could load the CUE sheets into Foobar2k and use the diskwriter for some tracks you want to burn (producing a 16 bit WAVE file for each track).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316431"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just need MP3 CD but no AUDIO CD and I know about 3d tools for splitting.
But playlist is very big for using them. So, is it impossible?

Split mp3 from cue

Reply #6
It's not impossible, but you are going to have to transcode (losing quality) or split the files with an application like pcutmp3 tool if you want to write track MP3s to your CD.

I don't understand what "But playlist is very big for using them." means.  Can't you just split each image and then create your playlist from the newly created track files?
I'm on a horse.