Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Linux equivalent.. or just Wine ? (Read 4954 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Linux equivalent.. or just Wine ?

Hi there,

I used to rip my CDs with EAC under windows XP. I have since wictehd to a linux operating system and I am feeling a little lost on how to rip CDs. Is there a program as good or better than EAC for linux ? I really mean as good or better. Not just almost as good. I have a high end stereo system system and am always concerned about getting copies that are as near to perfect as I can, I know EAC works under wine, and I am happy to use it that way if it is truly the best program.

Also, is there a GUI that I can use under Linux to convert my WAV files to flac ?

Thanks
Christopher

EAC Linux equivalent.. or just Wine ?

Reply #1
This strangle similar thread might give you some answers.