Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 5 has reset my audio icons (Read 1934 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 5 has reset my audio icons

I have just upgraded to Winamp5 from Winamp2.  When I used v2, I had gone into 'folder options' in explorer to set each file type (aac, mpc, mp3, flac, ape, etc...) with its own icon.  When I installed v5, it changed all the audio icons to the same winamp icon.  Now when I go into folder options to change it, all the file icons change instead of the specific one I want.  What do I need to do to set it up the way I had it?  Thanks.
Be dangerous and unpredictable...and make a lot of noise

Winamp 5 has reset my audio icons

Reply #1
Run the uninstaller, it *should* restore the previous associations.  The install it again and make sure you unheck the option to associate with your files in the installer.