Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Split DTS using .cue file (Read 10986 times) previous topic - next topic

Split DTS using .cue file

I am trying to split two files containing DTS 5.1 audio using .cue files with Medieval CUE Splitter v1.2, but I get a message "Source file audio format (dts) currently is not supported by CUE Splitter". When I originally received the files they had a .bin extension, which resulted in a similar message which told me "format (bin) currently is not supported", so I changed the extension to .dts but, as I say, that didn't work either. I also changed the FILE definition in the .cue file to point to the correct file names, and I also tried both a BIN and WAVE parameter on the end of the FILE definition, but no combination of these things seems to work. I also tried to load these .cue files into FOOBAR2000, but got a string of messages for each of the tracks that looked like this:

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\George Benson - Absolutely Live (5.1 DTS) (DVD audio rip)\Absolutely Live (CD-1).cue" / index: 1

Mysteriously, both of the media files play in VLC Player with either a .bin or .dts extension, but I can't see any way of pointing VLC player at the .cue file.

Is there something I am doing wrong? According to the documentation for Medieval CUE Splitter it can split DTS files.

Split DTS using .cue file

Reply #1
1) In so far as what they have to do with audio cue sheets are intended for two-channel, 16-bit, 44.1kHz.

2) Having no regard for the accurate preservation of data, Medieval CUE Splitter is a piece of shit.