Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unable to hear audio (Read 4889 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to hear audio

I have a strange problem, in that I can't hear any audio from my latest DVD - the Brass Eye series & special episode.

I am using MPC 6.4.7.1 both to play the DVD directly, and the DVD Decrypter ISO which I made for backups.  This is the only DVD I have come across with this problem and it's really baffling me.

The only difference I can tell between it and my other DVD's is that this one is 7.1gb in size, whereas all the others have been around the 4gb mark - so I think it has to be a different kind of disc.

MPC reports the audio as being AC3 48000hz 16bits 2 channels - so there should be no reason why the format is the problem, as this is just the same as other discs.

The other anomaly is I *can* hear the audio during the first Title chapter (VCI's logo) - but during the menu, episodes and extras I just get silence??

The only thing I could guess at is my DVD drive (LITE ON LTD163D) can't read 7gb discs properly and so borked on both my attempts to read the disc, and when I ripped the ISO.  Although, the episodes play perfectly [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](I watched a bit with subtitles before giving up - and have flicked through to check they work)[/span] - so to be honest I am completely lost for ideas?
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Unable to hear audio

Reply #1
You should try to play that DVD with WinDVD or PowerDVD just to make sure it's not a codec problem.

Unable to hear audio

Reply #2
I suspect the DVD contains only DTS audio. Please check . Other wise try re-installing ac3filter.
THE LAST AAC ENTHUSIAST[2.0 & 5.1]

Unable to hear audio

Reply #3
I have seen this twice before. Just open the .IFO file - not the .VOB files directly.

Unable to hear audio

Reply #4
Thanks for the answers - sshd fixed the problem

I can already play DTS as I have a music DVD with it, and I really don't want to install crapware [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](any video player other than MPC!)[/span]
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >