Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag field that depends on whether a file exists or not (Read 1193 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag field that depends on whether a file exists or not

Hi,

I'd like to create a custom tag field which contents would vary depending on whether a particular file exists or not on my hard drive.

Something like : IF [path to the particular file] EXISTS, THEN %tag% = A, ELSE %tag% = B

Is that possible ? Any hints ?

Re: Tag field that depends on whether a file exists or not

Reply #1
No hints at all ? Yes, no, maybe ?

Reply #2
Sounds horrible, and beyond the scope of title formatting. Of course, it would have quickly been added to something like the old defunct global hook component, foo_cwb_hooks. Don't tell me you wouldn't have loved some of that hot mess.

Reply #3
Hmm, I don't remember having ever used that thing. I've read stuff about it in the last 10 years on HA, but no more.

Yes, I guess my idea is beyond the scope of title formatting. Maybe I could achieve it differently, via a windows recursive batch script and/or foobar text tools. I'll have to think about it.

Reply #4
What information would the tag show?

As I recall JScript panel and Panel Stack Splitter each has the equivalent of $getfile() but there might be a more sane way of achieving whatever you are trying to do.

Reply #5
Well, ideally the tag would show the path to the file if the file exists, and then I would use foo_run to access the file.
But it's probably too complicated and not worth the effort.