Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping with Plextor 712A via EAC (Read 2990 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping with Plextor 712A via EAC

Hi

Just a quick question.

I've just installed a PLEXTOR 712A DVDR and am now using that to rip to WAV then FLAC.

Everything seems too rip OK.I was just wondering about the speed of ripping during extraction.
On my old drive,the ripping would start,for example (Trk 1  4.6x gradually ,increasing Trk 2 5.7x gradually increasing etc etc.)

This drive does this :(Example not an exact report)

TRK 1 2.3x - 4.0x  gradually increase to end
TRK 2 5.5x - 4.2x gradually increasing to end
TRK 3 7.7x - 5x - 6.3x gradually increase to end

This happens at the beginning of most tracks.Rips seem OK.I just wondered if this is OK and its just the way this particular drive reads DAT.

Thanks,
Ian

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Learn not to write topic title in all caps - moderation[/span]

Reply #1
Use EACs test and copy mode and check that the CRCs match. If they do, everything is fine.
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #2
It doesn't seem unusual for EAC.

But you'd also need to know the EAC settings you used in each case.  Is it set to use Secure mode?  Did you enable "Synchronize between tracks"?

The Coaster Factory - the missing manual for EAC

Reply #3
Quote from: buzzy,Oct 13 2004, 06:20 AM

But you'd also need to know the EAC settings you used in each case.  Is it set to use Secure mode?  Did you enable "Synchronize between tracks"?

Hi

It is set to use Secure Mode and 'Synchronize between Tracks' is enabled