Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UIE Vis Channel Spectrum (Read 76049 times) previous topic - next topic

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #50
UIE Vis Channel Spectrum v0.17.1
Released on 2008/05/02: Download link

What's new (Translated from Japanese using Google):
  • New SDK for compiling (VS2005 compiled, but I'm going out)
  • Add FFT mode (foobar2000 v0.9.5.2 more than required)
  • Gaussian function is the window to window and wave form is slightly improved (?).
  • This is the rectangular windows, so not too hot, v0.9.5.2 people into the new method is acceptable.
  • ColumnsUI layout that had to fall into the case was fixed
-----
Can someone explain what FFT mode new method (0.9.5.2) does different from the old method?

I also would like to know what is FFT mode

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #51
Now at .17.2

+ FFT size to add to 8192

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #52
I love this plugin.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #53
Trivial BUG: Deliberately setting "Bar width" to 0 while not using "Bar mode" cause foobar to crash when playing music.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #54
Hi, thanks for this plugin, I had a great time configuring it.

a+, =)
-=Finiderire=-

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #55
Is there a minimum height for this plugin?

cheers r3v0
<3 f00

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #56
For whatever reason this plugin (which, by the way, is awesome) screws up my audio output. Too taxing or something. When I have it on I get clicks and pops occasionally, especially when I'm doing something that involves rendering like scrolling on a web page etc. Hopefully there will be some optimization or something in the future because unfortunately I can't use it now...

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #57
anybody else experiencing a rapid flashing of the waveform?  i'm using the latest foobar and tried the last two releases of this plugin.  i've tried adjusting the frame rate, #fft calculations, all kinds of things, and i still get this flashing.  it's terribly annoying.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #58
anybody else experiencing a rapid flashing of the waveform?  i'm using the latest foobar and tried the last two releases of this plugin.  i've tried adjusting the frame rate, #fft calculations, all kinds of things, and i still get this flashing.  it's terribly annoying.

Sometimes when CPU is overloaded and f2k frezes for a second or two than spectrum flashes, i have to stop the track and play it again, then it`s ok.
Normaly is working ok.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #59
Is it still in development?
I'm mostly satisfied with it but i'd love to see an update that doesn't unnecessarily grabs focus on startup...
(i have it in my configuration and always have to use tab key to give focus to the playlist).

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #60
It would be nice if the frequency tics would have a number display as well, so I know what frequency the tics represent... Or an option to set their position manually.

edit: both vertical and horizontal positions I mean - so I can set them to the top.

I want the same,but nothing happens.The author is gone.Maybe not to be development into the future?

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #61
I like this plugin so much. However, foobar2000 online troubleshooter (OT) keeps telling that it may be the cause of my crashings, and since I'm REALLY into stability now, I'm moving backwards.
Firstly, I'll try the 0.16 old version, which the OT does not complain about.
It would be a dream if musicmusic consider to enhance the 'Spectrum Analyzer' from Columns UI...

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #62
Anyone else have massive CPU overhead with this component?

I was building up a CUI config. using v0.17.2 but cpu usage for foobar.exe hovered around 15-20% on an Athlon X2 6000+ ... removing it instantly drops this to ~1%. These numbers are pretty constant and repeatable.
I hate to have to remove it because it makes my config look much snappier, but 20% is too much for background playing. :\

I have pseudo-transparent turned off....

Is this usual? Anyway to drop that cpu usage?

Cheers

<3 foobar!

EDIT: Solved it. Weirdly, the refresh interval was set at 14 (Im guessing this is in millieseconds..?). Changing it to 20 (or 10, weirdly enough) makes the cpu usage drop to 0-1%. Curious.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #63
Hey guys... so I'm totally new to foobar.  I must admit that I'm having a hard time getting some things to work, and this is one of them.  I added the file into the components folder, but after that I have no idea how to get it to show up .  I've gone through all the menus looking for some clue, and messed around in preferences, but I'm totally lost.  Sorry for the noob question, but hopefully somebody can remedy my ignorance!

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #64
Hey guys... so I'm totally new to foobar.  I must admit that I'm having a hard time getting some things to work, and this is one of them.  I added the file into the components folder, but after that I have no idea how to get it to show up .  I've gone through all the menus looking for some clue, and messed around in preferences, but I'm totally lost.  Sorry for the noob question, but hopefully somebody can remedy my ignorance!

I remember having to work hard at this when I started using foobar. I think the problem is that this is a plugin for the Columns UI (not the default one).  To sort this out, you need to copy in the columns ui plugin, switch to it in the settings, then you should be able to use this plugin.

Hope that helps.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #65
I think the problem is that this is a plugin for the Columns UI (not the default one).  To sort this out, you need to copy in the columns ui plugin, switch to it in the settings, then you should be able to use this plugin.

Which should be obvious looking at the thread title UIE Vis Channel Spectrum, Channel Spectrum visualization for UI_Columns.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #66
I think the problem is that this is a plugin for the Columns UI (not the default one).  To sort this out, you need to copy in the columns ui plugin, switch to it in the settings, then you should be able to use this plugin.

Which should be obvious looking at the thread title UIE Vis Channel Spectrum, Channel Spectrum visualization for UI_Columns.

Thanks guys, I was finally able to figure this out.  I do have Columns UI.  The problem was I had assumed that the readme file was just that, and was in Japanees so I couldn't read it anyway.  It didn't occur to me that this was needed for the plugin to run.

When I grabbed a setup from DA that included this plugin, and had the readme renamed to match the plugin's dll filename, that's when I realized it was also necessary.

I'm going to go have to look for some kind of starter guide or something... because I'm still not quite there and foobar isn't looking like I want it ot .

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #67
This is another component that outputs the following in the console when foobar2000 starts up:

Code: [Select]
Columns UI/Tab stack: Warning: Channel spectrum panel panel was visible on creation! This usually indicates a bug in this panel.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #69
I've been using foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum as part of a custom setup originally based on FooNight that I heavily modified. I did leave in the foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum because I love how it looks. There are some bugs, and supposedly it's crashware, but it worked just fine for me, or so I thought until last week.

I'm a software developer and noticed some weird behavior, mostly notably tooltips not appearing when they should appear. I discovered that windows was sending mouse move events continuously to applications, whether the mouse had actually moved or not. This is obviously a bad thing and could have lots of unintended consequences. I discovered that when foobar was minimized the problem went away. I then started uninstalling components and discovered that it was directly related to Vis Channel Spectrum. I couldn't find a replacement spectrum that I liked so I decided to see if I could change options. Low-and-behold I saw that I didn't have "fast pseudo-transparent mode" enabled, and that was the source of the problem. For those (like me) who feel compelled to keep using it, make sure that option is checked.

My guess is that this might be the reason people were complaining of high CPU and being unable to listen to music with the plugin enabled.

There seems to be a dearth of decent UIColumns plugins that do this kind of work which is unfortunate.

UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #70
I don't even have transparent background (the parent option) enabled. Maybe this is why I never got any problems.

Re: UIE Vis Channel Spectrum

Reply #71
It there any chance of this being updated for fb2k v2.0?  I've been using this spectrum for a long time, and I can't find anything else that can be configured the same way...

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. :-)

Reply #72
It there any chance of this being updated for fb2k v2.0?  I've been using this spectrum for a long time, and I can't find anything else that can be configured the same way...

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. :-)
I doubt the developer (fb2k.chottu.net) will update this for compatibility with 64-bit version of foobar2000 v2.0 and later, fix these issues (particularly division-by-zero glitch as the reason says for this component being listed as problematic) that made this component into the list of known problematic components (yes, you can use this, but don't expect the same amount of tech support for these reasons above), and make it compatible with default UI

Anyways since there are no other components (or no components, if you only count 64-bit components) that offers the same functionality (barring the foo_fft_analyzer since it doesn't even exist in the first place), so if you have Stereo Mix on your PC, you can replicate the functionality through audioMotion-analyzer on your web browser in the meanwhile waiting for a recreation of this component (doesn't have to be @Crossover, it could be anyone)

Reply #73
After updates on my own channel spectrum visualization (not a fb2k component though) that adds the feature to treat stereo signal as complex numbers for FFT input (instead of two or more separate FFTs) and fixing up the frequency band distribution (upper bound for last bin index no longer always at the Nyquist frequency and instead it is now based on specified max frequency range), I think it is time for someone like @pqyt or @mudlord to remake this for foobar2000 v2.x (of course, a full-on remake is required for this since this component is closed-source and the development was abandoned a long time ago) since there aren't any alternatives for foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum (as far I know, this component is only one that actually visualizes separate channels simultaneously in a single UI element) that is compatible with Default UI, 64-bit compatible, and it is not being listed as problematic on online troubleshooter

Of course, with optional frequency/dB labels (I think frequency/dB ticks without labels that already exists on original isn't enough) below:
X