Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Jack2 - Windows - Multiple devices (Read 1951 times) previous topic - next topic

Jack2 - Windows - Multiple devices

Dear All,

I have the following problem with Jack Audio regarding multiple Windows devices, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated, treat me as a novice but I will try and explain as succinctly as I can.

I am currently running:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Jack2 1.9.8 Mixed 32/64 Bit
Asus N56 Laptop with onboard soundcard (Realtek High Def Drivers)
Traktor Kontrol S2 External Mixer with onboard soundcard (Proprietry drivers)
ASIO4ALLv2 Installed

Basically speaking I needed Jack to connect Maschine Production software through Traktor as an input, all of this works fine, however I am unable to use my monitor audio (headphones) off the mixing unit at the same time. My understanding of the problem is as follows:

Whilst the soundcard in the Kontrol S2 external mixer has two stereo outs, Master and Monitor, only one of these at a time is visible in the Jack Audio connection GUI under the system device. I am fairly confident they work through Jack Audio as if I disable them alternately in the Windows Sound Device Control Panel I get the desired result but given that only one shows up in the GUI at first sight it doesn't appear possible to map both at the same time.

So my question is, in Windows is it possible to tell Jack Audio to make both devices available? I have had a good search around the web and am yet to find instructions if it is possible. It appears it may be in the Linux version but I am unable to find the appropriate instructions for Windows

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Alex