Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricShow and LyricMake plugins (Read 42724 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricShow and LyricMake plugins

LyricShow for Foobar2000
download lyricshow latest version here
Plugin name: LyricShow for Foobar2000
Plugin version : v0.1.8.6
Foobar2000 version : 0.8
Size: about 72.5K
Author: Hero.Hua (major@sjtu.edu.cn)
Compiled Date: 2004.3
File Name: foo_LyricShow.dll (ANSI version)

(be patient to read this readme file)

Function:
   Support LYRIC tag(also supports multi lyric tags, can search lyric tag from an defined tags searching order), support customized lyric file name( read external lyric file). Show lyrics line by line while playing. And can select the font and color of the showing lyric, the color of the window's backgound, the transparency... , The follow has more...

Install and uninstall:
   install:   copy foo_LyricShow.dll to the "[foobar2000 install directory]/components" directly
   uninstall:   delete foo_LyricShow.dll where you installed directly

How to use:
1.Firstly, you should have the right lyric ( you will see the format of lyric file in the end of this readme file).
   You can also download another plugin-- LyricMake(v0.14, for foobar2000 0.8x), it can help you make the right lyric file easily.
   You can also copy these formatted lyric to the LYRIC tag (Lyricmake also can write lyrics into tag directly), if you've done this, you shouldn't need the external lyric.
2.After installed this plugin, if you have the right lyric, you can active the lyric window this way:
   menu: Components->LyricShow  (you also can define the shortcut key)
   OR
   context menu: ->LyricShow
3.If you haven't the formatted lyrics (without timestamps, just text), all the lyrics will be displayed on the lyric window.
4.Support mouse operation, in the lyric window, right click mouse, you can config some display setting.

Attention: 1.the length of each line should less than 120. if you use double byte code language, less than 60 is recommended.
     2. the lyrics can be in the lyric tag, also can be in a external file. They both should be the right lyric format(later you'll see the format).

How to config
1.Foobar2000->preference->Components->LyricShow, you can see the config dialog
   .[Always on Top]
   .[Remember window position]
   .[Font...] you can select the right font you like by this;
   .[Other Color...]when in multi-lines mode, the color of the sentences which is not playing;
   .[BG Color...] Background color
   .[Playing Color1...] the color of the current sentence which is playing;
   .[Playing Clolr2...] if a time tag has two or more lines, can choose a color for them exclude the first line.
   .[Use Color2] while a time tag has two or more lines, you can choose another color for it. eg, in the follow instance, you can choose a color for "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" and "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
   .[Lyric Align Setting] you can select one of  left/middle/right these three modes
   .[Lyric Lines Setting] you can decide how many lines be shown on the lyric window, if you select multi-lines, the number of lines is decided by both the lyric font and the wiindow size;
   .[Display lines without timestamp in multilines mode]
   can display multilines which has one timestamp,like this:
   [xx:xx.x]ddddddddddddd
   DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
   [yy:yy.y]eeeeeeeeeeeee
   EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

.Lyric Source : [Use Lyric Tag Search Order]:  an array of tags name of lyric, each integral tag name should between two symbols "%", the separator ";". (like search path), the default value is "%LYRIC%;%LYRICS%" ;
         [Use External Lyric File]: check this ,you can use external lyric file.

.Custom Lyric Filename: if check this, can custom your lyric file name.
it support the tags you defined or added in the media file, but you must know the syntax that Foobar supported. eg. you should know the usage of "if2()" or some others.
   the plugin has provided five formatted string, you can modify(double click a item)/new/delete a item's value via click [new][delete]. And you can adjust the search order by [up]&[down]. Also, you can test them, see if they are right.

.[Search Path of Lyric File] you can set the search path, but the file name should be the same as media file, it will be effective after you clicked [apply] button;
      e.g., if the lyric file full path is "d:\songs\mp3\too-close.lrc", your lyric file is in the folder "d:\songs\lyric" , the name you set it as "too-close"(in LYRICFILENAME tag), extension is decided by [Extension of lyric file ], and the search path includes "d:\songs\lyric", this plugin will work well.
   .[Extension of lyric file ]the extension of the lyric file name, such like "lrc", it will be effective after you clicked [apply] button;
   .[Title fomat string]set the title of lyric window, it will be effective after you clicked [apply] button. How to use the fomat string ,You can learn it by this way: preference->Display->Title formatting->[help]j
   eg. you can set it as "$if(%artist%,%artist%'-')$if(%album%,'['%album%']-')$if(%title%,%title%,%_filename%)"
   .[Lyric Window Transparency] you can adjust the transparency of the lyric window.
   .[Show title bar] you can decide if you want to show the title bar.
   .[Auto Show/Hide] if you have start a lyric window, the lyric window can Show/Hide automatically by the status of lyric.
Good good study, day day up, :)
[span style=\'color:red\']The superman is the meaning of the earth.
Let your will say: the superman shall be the meaning of the earth![/span]

Reply #1
Added/Uploaded.

Reply #2
LyricShow Plugin:
lyricshow

LyricMake Plugin:
lyricmake

the snapshot of LyricShow is :

Reply #3
x_X

Superb ;o

Reply #4
Thanks Aero here, he helps me a lot 

Reply #5
LyricShow v0.12 has been compiled.

Corrected several bugs,  added two functions:

1. User can set the search path of lyric file
2. User can adjust the transparency of the lyric window immediately

It will be updated soon for downloading .

Reply #6
LyricShow v0.12 has been compiled.

Corrected several bugs,  added two functions:

1. User can set the search path of lyric file
2. User can adjust the transparency of the lyric window immediately

It will be updated soon for downloading .

could you add support for lyrics in tags please?
%lyrics% or perhaps a user definable one.

otherwise great pair of plugins.

Reply #7
could you add support for lyrics in tags please?
%lyrics% or perhaps a user definable one.

otherwise great pair of plugins.

en... I'll think about it the next version
Thanks!! 

Reply #8
I've beaten the lyric tag!!

Now, I'm testing...

Today I'll upload it!

Reply #9
I've sent the plugin LyricShow to Jans

Added some new functions:

Can support LYRIC tag and LYRICFILENAME tag now(also can read external lyric file);
Can store lyrics in tag LYRIC ;
Can store external lyric file name in tag LYRICFILENAME (support full path / filename with extension or not).

If the lyric have not time tag, it would show all the lyrics of the media.
If the lyric have rigth time tag, it would show lyrics sentence by sentence acording the playing time.

The LYRIC and LYRICFILENAME tags can be defined by user.
default value: Lyric tag  is %lyric%  , Lyric file name tag is  %lyricfilename%
(if %lyric%, the tag should be LYRIC,  and if %lyricfilename%, the tag should be LYRICFILENAME)

Can download it on :
http://fb2k-plugins.hydrogenaudio.org/General.html

enjoy it 

Reply #10
Nice plugin !

Some requests:

1.Make the 'text mode' to display lyric from .txt files without timestamps

2. Make the ability to edit lyric text directly in plugin window

3. Add the ability to automatically download lyrics from internet databases

You can check that plugin for winamp - http://lyrix.best.cd/

imho the best. Make something like this for foobar and it will be great !

Reply #11
Nice plugin !

Some requests:

1.Make the 'text mode' to display lyric from .txt files without timestamps

2. Make the ability to edit lyric text directly in plugin window

3. Add the ability to automatically download lyrics from internet databases

You can check that plugin for winamp - http://lyrix.best.cd/

imho the best. Make something like this for foobar and it will be great !

1st request has been beaten in v0.14, you can download it on 3rd components website,  , but not profect,  , I'll do it better the next version. LyricShow v0.14

2nd request was beaten by another plugin of mine: LyricMake, you can also download it on 3rd components website, if you have the right text lyric of a song, you can generate a lyric file (has timestamps) easily just by clicking the mouse while playing, the next version, it will add the generated lyrics into the LYRIC tag of a media file directly.
LyricMake plugin

3rd request has not resolved yet,  , I'll try to do it, you know, I'm a student, I'll take part in some examination this month... 

In fact, if  lyrics are stored in LYRIC tag of a media, when you downloaded a media file, the lyric had been in it, is it neccessary to download lyrics specially?
I really help all the website which supports audio media downloading could add the lyric (has timestamps) into the LYRIC tag, it would be a gread thing!

Reply #12
Thanks for the answers, great work !

Looks like "remember window position" is not working in that version of LyricShow

And also, add small button somewhere in the LyricShow window to call LyricMake window (i know about hotkeys but the button will be easily).

"download" feature is very needed, cos it bacame a "standart" in same winamp plugins a years ago. make it plzzz

EDIT: Oh, and i forgot: add the switcher to remove or show LyricShow window in the taskbar, cos some ppl dont like to see another window in their taskbars.

And also, LyricShow closes when i shut down foobar, and after restart it needs to call plugin again. Is it possible to make "autostart", to automatically turn the plugin on when foobar starts ?

Reply #13
default value: Lyric tag  is %lyric%, Lyric file name tag is  %lyricfilename%

I tried changing the tag name (to %lyrics%) but it doesn't seem to work (it reverts back to the default name).

Can you help?

Alessandro

Reply #14
default value: Lyric tag  is %lyric%, Lyric file name tag is  %lyricfilename%

I tried changing the tag name (to %lyrics%) but it doesn't seem to work (it reverts back to the default name).

Can you help?

Alessandro

Oh, sorry, It's my fault,
I've corrected it,  , if you want it , I can email it to you.
You know I havent a server on internet, every time I distribute my plugin, I alway disturbed Jan S, So, for this little bug, It's no necessary to sent a corrected version to Jan S. He is busy... 
Wait for the next version,  OK?

the resolution: you can change the tag to LYRIC in "Show file info".

Reply #15
It's not that urgent, I can wait the next release (if not too far  ): thanks for taking time to fix this  .

Another question: does LyricMake support writing to %lyric% tag?

Thanks again for this nice plugin.

Alessandro

Reply #16
and please answer to my upper requests if u can

Reply #17
Thanks for the answers, great work !

Looks like "remember window position" is not working in that version of LyricShow

And also, add small button somewhere in the LyricShow window to call LyricMake window (i know about hotkeys but the button will be easily).

"download" feature is very needed, cos it bacame a "standart" in same winamp plugins a years ago. make it plzzz

EDIT: Oh, and i forgot: add the switcher to remove or show LyricShow window in the taskbar, cos some ppl dont like to see another window in their taskbars.

And also, LyricShow closes when i shut down foobar, and after restart it needs to call plugin again. Is it possible to make "autostart", to automatically turn the plugin on when foobar starts ?

, I dont find any bug about "remember window position", check the version, is v0.14? and you OS is 2000/xp?

I will not add small button somewhere in the lyricShow window, it looks a bit uncomfortable, 
But I would add a pop up menu, how do you think?

About "download" feature, I would think about it, cauz I never use WINAMP before, I dont know it,,, sorry, the websit lyric.best.cd I cannt connect it, why?

I really don't know how to remove the window in the taskbar while it is showing, I would like someone can tell me about this.

the last request, maybe it is necessary, you know , not everyone like a lyricwindow always show while start, I'll do it,  , the config dialog is almost used up, looks a bit crowded,, I have to adjust some control's position...

Reply #18
It's not that urgent, I can wait the next release (if not too far   ): thanks for taking time to fix this   .

Another question: does LyricMake support writing to %lyric% tag?

Thanks again for this nice plugin.

Alessandro

, you are reading my mind!

the next version, but , I'll take part in some examinations this month, so busy....

sorry...

Reply #19
, I dont find any bug about "remember window position", check the version, is v0.14? and you OS is 2000/xp?

in v0.14 all is ok, fixed !

I will not add small button somewhere in the lyricShow window, it looks a bit uncomfortable, 
But I would add a pop up menu, how do you think?

well, the button will be better, but menu is ok too, thanks !

About "download" feature, I would think about it, cauz I never use WINAMP before, I dont know it,,, sorry, the websit lyric.best.cd I cannt connect it, why?

thats direct link to the file

http://lyrix.planet-work.com/dl/LyrixPlugin.exe

is it working ? if not, i can mail it to u.

also, try this progs:

http://www.lyricsamp.org

http://www.100share.com/song_lyrics.html

finally, u can go to http://classic.winamp.com/ and try to find some plugins by "lyric" keyword in the search. the are many plugins with download feature, check them !

I really don't know how to remove the window in the taskbar while it is showing, I would like someone can tell me about this.

This feature is realised in tama's lyric plugin (u know about it) http://www.wn.com.au/con-eden/foo_lyrics.zip

may be it helps

the last request, maybe it is necessary, you know , no everyone like a lyricwindow always show while start, I'll do it,  , the config dialog is almost used up, looks a bit crowded,, I have to adjust some control's position...

thank u very much !

EDIT! Looks like u have some problems with webspace... can u send me each new version of our plugins to my mail ? my e-mail - gromm@igromania.ru

thanks again !

Reply #20
This feature is realised in tama's lyric plugin (u know about it) http://www.wn.com.au/con-eden/foo_lyrics.zip

may be it helps

I've download it just now, and tested, en..., I'll try it,
  , knew it , just use GetDesktopWindow()....

Reply #21
But a new problem, you have said about that let window do not show on the task bar, I can't beat it, cauz, if that way, when minimize FOOBAR main window, the lyricwindow also be hided,, so, it is impossible, you should give this problem to microsoft....

Reply #22
v0.15 had been sent to Jan
Fixed some bugs
Can display txt lyric(without timestamps) better( has scroll bar now), in this mode, line mode and allign mode is not supported.

From now on, I have to prepare my exams,
So, the next version would be distributed after exams 

If you guys have some advices or bug reports, post it here, Thanks!

Reply #23
Suggestion:

what would be REALLY sweet was if this plugin could fetch lyrics from the web & have the ability to construct there url by using the build in script thing in foobar

example:
i usually grap lyrics from www.darklyrics.com

and it's build up like this:
http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/dissectio...mberlain.html#6

band/album/track number

pretty easy, now if Hero.Hua could implement some cool fetching mechanism all would be well

edit: would also be nice if it could save the lyrics on the local hd as well... just a though

Reply #24
or save the lyrics automatically (or manually ) to a %lyrics% tag inside of the file