Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 2.1.3 does not remember output device after shutdown  (Read 164 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar 2.1.3 does not remember output device after shutdown

Hi,
I noticed this with the 2 series, it didn't happen on older versions. It's not a big issue but a nuisance, maybe a bug.
Setup:
Windows 11 (happened on 10 as well)
NVidia driver to an Onkyo receiver
Intel i7 gen 10, Asus Prime z 490 mobo

After the computer has been shut down and I start it up, it does not seem to remember the device playing before shutdown and prompts for output device. The device is there in the list and you gotta select it, then all works as usual.
I never had this happen on older builds (before 2 series) and it doesn't seem to do it with the RME usb dac that I have, but I'm not sure. It only seems to happen with the receiver.
Console doesn't report anything, just the usual 'opening file...' and hangs until I select device and hit play again.