Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why iTunes converts only part of track? (Read 4592 times) previous topic - next topic

Why iTunes converts only part of track?

Greetings,

finally succeeded to install iTunes but have some problem with conversion. Since I find the GUI useless for me, only I use the iTunesEncode command line frontend, I have configured foobar2000 to perform the conversion for me but always I got only part of the track converted.
Is required to pay for iTunes to convert the track or so, I nowhere saw notice it's commercial product. Thanks for any info.

Yet supplemental question, why I'm not allowed to post new topics at general A/V forum, while here I am, is the difference so much?
Thanks.

Reply #1
What happens if converter thread count (in advanced preferences) is set to 1?

Reply #2
I have configured foobar2000 to perform the conversion for me but always I got only part of the track converted.

Although I do not use iTunes and its encoders:

If foobar2000 does not report any conversion errors in its console (menu View -> Console), you should check its converter options, especially whether "Generate short previews instead of converting entire source tracks" (tab 'Other') is ticked.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #3
What format are converting from?

Since you are having trouble with both foobar and iTunes, I think there may bs something wrong with your original file(s).    If your original files are not in WAV format, try converting to WAV first, and then to AAC.

Reply #4
If foobar2000 does not report any conversion errors in its console (menu View -> Console), you should check its converter options, especially whether "Generate short previews instead of converting entire source tracks" (tab 'Other') is ticked.

No, I'm sure that option isn't checke, the fragment is not so short, always it's about 70% of original track.

What format are converting from?

Since you are having trouble with both foobar and iTunes, I think there may bs something wrong with your original file(s).    If your original files are not in WAV format, try converting to WAV first, and then to AAC.

I've converted from flac but don't think it does matter. I've tried to convert raw wav file from command line with same result

Code: [Select]
iTunesEncode -i test.wav -o test.m4a

Input is 44.1/2chn/16bit, always

Reply #5
What happens if converter thread count (in advanced preferences) is set to 1?

It didnot help. And the output is not 70% of original track, but exactly 50%.