Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't get non-embedded artwork to appear on Spotifoo (Read 1588 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't get non-embedded artwork to appear on Spotifoo

Hi there

I'm running the Spotifoo Skin/Theme which uses the following components

Columns UI v0.3.8.6 (coded by musicmusic)
WSH panel Mod v1.4.2 (coded by T.P Wang)
Panel Stack Splitter v0.3.8.2a (coded by Ssenna)
Drag Panel v0.0.8 (coded by kandata)
ELPlaylist v0.6.9.1.1b (coded by Ssenna)
EsPlaylist v0.1.3.6.2 (coded by Ssenna)
Channel Spectrum v0.17.2 (coded by Ssenna)
Soft Playlists v2011-02-05 (coded by Johan De Bock)
Audioscrobbler v1.4.7 (coded by Florian Heidenreich)
Custom database v0.1.0_beta1 (coded by kandata)

I installed foo_discogs in addition to the above, so I can write tags and grab album art. Spotifoo displays artwork for embedded artwork inside the mp3, but it's not recognising the artwork that I fetch from discogs, I've set up the discogs plugin to grab the art and name the filename using %discogs_release_id% and it goes into a folder called D:\Music\Art

but I cant get the artwork to display in the Spotifoo artwork box

Any help would be much appreciated please, is anyone else out there doing the same and has it working, or does Spotifoo only support showing embedded artwork?

Thanks in advance

Reply #1
This may have nothing to do with the skin. Did you add something like D:\Music\Art\%discogs_release_id%.* to preferences\display\front cover as one of the album art search patterns? This assumes that the %discogs_release_id% is known for the playing track such as if you saved it in a tag. Otherwise I think you need to choose a different file name, e.g. %album artist% - %album%, or better still save the cover in the music folder, e.g as folder.jpg. If that doesn't work then this skin is supported where you downloaded it.

Reply #2
Hi, thanks for your fast reply.

the Discogs Configuration screen has this as follows:-

Directory: $directory_path(%path%)
File prefix: cover

when I fetch the tags & artwork and play the file, the artwork shows when its named as cover, but if I try changing the file prefix to %discogs_release_id% -  no joy, blank artwork.

Btw, I tried D:\Music\Art\%discogs_release_id%.* in the 'front cover' field under display, columns ui, artwork menu, still doesnt work.